PDA

View Full Version : Idea Automated Traders/Slaves issue

lich+ich
26-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Thank you all for this great mod! The work you have done here is unmatched! Loving it!

A small issue occured as I started to build up my trading empire anew. As usual, I set up some sector traders as soon as possible to guarantee a steady flow of credits.
Beind friendly with some of the pirates, my traders also frequented their stations. When trying to buy new ships, I noticed a little discrepancy in my account: it was completely empty!
One of my automated traders tried (and had been trying for some time, apparently) to buy slaves from the pirates. Having no Cargo Lifesupport System installed, the trader could not hold the slaves and they vanished as soon as they were bought, thus reducing my savings to a mere shadow of what they had once been...

I can see the problem with slaves being a ware and still needing a Lifesupport System, but I wouldn't want it any other way. They may not be worth a TP, but they should be able to breathe in order to keep their value ;)
Is it possible to block certain wares for the Sector, Local and Universe Traders? Or to make sure they are unable to buy slaves without the Lifesupport? I'm not using any additional script, just the Trade Command Software MK3, and wanted to keep it that way...

Thanks again for the great work, happy holidays and wonderful last days this year!

Lich

2Blackhawk
26-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Why donīt you buy a lifesupport system for your traders?

insolent1
27-12-2012, 12:04 PM
You could always set the pirates as hostile for your particular trader that will stop him going to the pirate stations.

lich+ich
27-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Why donīt you buy a lifesupport system for your traders?

That's what I'll be doing from now on...

You could always set the pirates as hostile for your particular trader that will stop him going to the pirate stations.

Haven't tried it yet, but I agree that it would be a way to avoid the issue.

The problem remains that the trader bought wares which it couldn't carry. I have no experience in scripting so I don't know if it is difficult to only let them buy slaves if the Lifesupport System is installed. Also, I don't know how the automated traders work in detail, so forgive me if I'm completely off track with my suggestion.

Lich