PDA

View Full Version : Bug Crashing When Using Chaffs

Xydonus
26-12-2012, 09:31 PM
I've reinstalled XTC 2.0 in a fresh backup install of Terran Conflict to see if I was getting this issue on a clean install, as I am currently using a few scripts on my current main install.

The issue I'm having is with Chaffs, when using at least two or more will cause a consistant crash for me during an engagement. I'm currently flying the Rapier M5. I was getting these crashes on my main install, and I'm still getting these on a clean fresh install without any modifications.

It only ever seems to be whenever I use Chaffs, and only when I use them more than once.

Edit* Only ever seems to happen when I'm in an engagement, and I'm actively defending myself against missiles. Otherwise, it won't crash if I just use Chaffs on their own without being in an engagement.

K.J.
28-12-2012, 03:56 PM
What do you mean by "using two chaffs"? How much time do you let pass between both? Can you try different waiting times?

Xydonus
28-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it's quite odd. I get into an engagement with multiple ships, and it will crash if I use Chaff's against incoming missiles. Waiting time doesn't seem to matter.

Example, one of the fights I was in was against 4 pirate M5 scouts (Harriers and 1 Kessel). It was a fairly long-drawn out engagement since I was in a M5 Rapier. I get the warning, "Medium Missile Incoming" and let loose a single Chaff. That's fine. Less than a minute later, another missile incoming. Let out a Chaff, it might crash, it might not. I've tested it and I can complete a full engagement fine if I don't use any Chaff's whatsoever, but I will get a consistent crash when using Chaff's at any period during the engagement against active missiles, regardless of waiting time.

I'm starting to think it might be a ATI driver issue, something to do with the Chaff effect when the missile explodes, I'm only guessing, but I've updated my drivers and completed a recent engagement with Chaff spamming galore, and I've had no issue so far, but that was against an entirely different class of ship, and myself I was in a M3. I'll try to replicate those engagements that I've had trouble with later on with my new drivers.

K.J.
28-12-2012, 11:56 PM
the chaff effect is the same effect a small ship (M5) has when exploding, so that can't be the reason

anybody else who experiences problems with chaffs?

Xydonus
31-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Update* Still trying to replicate this bug, but it hasn't crashed on me yet.