PDA

View Full Version : Early ship management/repair question from the uninitiated

CleverLikeMe
29-12-2012, 09:52 PM
So, I'm not a vet X3 player and while I did download and dabble briefly with XTC 1.0 (hence why I've been waiting on 2.0 to give X another go) - I pretty much have very little idea of what I'm doing.

I've had some success doing some easier combat missions and getting ships to bail, but I'm having problems at that point getting them repaired. I realize I can fly them to a shipyard and pay a huge fee, and, since I have the repair laser activated, I could spent 20 or 30 minutes in a space suit repairing smaller vessels, but there has got to be a better/more efficient way to do it. Is there anything like a ship class repair turret/ship or a player-owned option for repair that I could work towards?

2Blackhawk
29-12-2012, 11:29 PM
M7 up will repair themselves but it costs money as well
You can call the repair service - even more expensive
Repair laser is the only option for money savers

Sell the ships you dont want to keep an you will have money for repairing the others

MadMac
30-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Do we have any ships with repair lasers in the gun mounts?
I thought we had them in 1.2 and I looked but never found any.
Maybe it was snipe hunt (thanks Sam Redstone) or my settings weren't low enough.
Also, don't the Megaships have ship repair for landed ships?

K.J.
30-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Also, don't the Megaships have ship repair for landed ships?
Yes, all carriers can repair docked ships if you set it in the RS6 menu. Costs money, like automated repairs.

Do we have any ships with repair lasers in the gun mounts?
Most capital ships and some other ships with turrets can mount "utility lasers" in their rear turret, or somewhere else. This includes mobile drilling system, tractor beam and repair laser. Turret commands don't work with the repair laser as you can't "attack" your own ships via command. If you cheat yourself repairlasers or make them available somehow via modding you can repair quicker with more slots...

Char
30-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I saw repair prizes at shipyards drop as your notoriety rises. Also M6 and bigger capitals repair themselves only when you are the active pilot. You may want to get some adon like Marine_Repairs-V2.03a-2012-10-14 with the patch to get it working on xtc 2.0 (use google).

Loriel
30-12-2012, 11:41 AM
For the sake of completeness, I will mention another option - buy your own shipyard where they can be repaired.

However, it will cost a moderately large fortune to buy the shipyard, and by that stage of the game it will probably only make sense to use it to repair medium-sized ships - large ships will probably take "too long" and be better handled at a conventional shipyard or using the self-repair facilities, whilst for small ships (especially with modest damage) the cost of components consumed (especially microchips) can easily outweigh the cost of conventional repairs.

Loriel