PDA

View Full Version : Race rep issues.

Seion
30-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Well, I've been playing 2.0 for a while now and I've noticed one thing that irritates the hell out of me.
I'm a combat man, and consequently that is how I mainly try to get race rep so I can buy better ships/stuff.
I've noticed that going from rank 0 to 5 is easy peasy (I mean like 5 m6 kills got me there). But post rank 5 it gets dramatically harder. I mean I must have killed thousands of m3's -4's 5's, maybe a few hundred m6's, few dozen m1's, m2's and m8's each, on these missions, but my race rep barely increases at all anymore. And almost none at all comes from completing a mission, just from the kills themselves. I don't have all the time in the world to work on race rep and i've already spent multiple days just getting this far. Is it supposed to be that ridiculously hard to get rep from combat?

So I guess i'm going to branch out.

Are there any significantly better ways to increase race rep in Xtc - 2.0? Trade missions and such seem much like boring fetch this junk missions and I haven't even seen one station build mission yet. (with both trade and fight rank being pretty high) This is around expansion 4 stage on normal difficulty, my highest race rank is 8 with Terrans. Rest are 7 or lower. I do all the combat missions except when they involve killing another race, so I don't lower their rep.

This is all noted on a brand spankin new computer, fresh install and correctly installed Xtc.

insolent1
30-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Race rep is much harder to acquire now, it takes a lot of missions just to go up one level.
Aside from combat I do ecell delivery missions as they can stack(i've had up to 6 from one factory), I use an anastasius and 2 drakes for the missions. They also give very long time limits which means if you go off for a bit and then come back you might get more missions from the same factory to deliver ecells. There is also no shortage of factories needing ecells in every races sectors.

Spikebhaal
30-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Somebody know how the push Aldrinrep? The Chance that Xenon or Khaak appear in Aldrinsectors is realy low :/

nflszhu
30-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Same situation here...I'm at Federation Overwatch (level 8?) with Argon and am trying to climb to the next one...accepted a very hard patrol mission, killed 42 M6s and 8 M7s yet my reputation only incresead by less then 10% (only due to killing, not mission)? Any one has better idea how can I gain race reputation more quickly?

Seion
30-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Spikebhaal Only way i've seen so far is to hope a station pops some missions, usually best in Bean since it has a shipyard and stuff. But as i've said, ridiculously hard to increase rep post 5 anyway.

insolent1 Did I mention how much i hate fetch missions? Also though, I don't seem to actually see that many missions for them. mostly the stations I go to buy stuff are fully loaded with most wares.
Guess me keeping the universe safe with all my combat has made my economy boom or something?

Spikebhaal
30-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Seion i just need it neutral because the Paranidstart The Quest has a -3 against Aldrin and Terrans. Aldrin ist the connection to the other Races and thats a little bit bad when you are hostile to them.

Seion
30-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Spikebhaal I agree. Kinda makes things difficult until far into the expansion. What I did was run through their sectors in a fast M5, got to the other side of aldrin and busted a reveal objects to be able to jump to the argon and terran sectors. If you felt like being a cheap bugger though, you could always jump into the sector and fly behind the gate a ways, open up script menu and find the cheat script the summons an enemy fleet to whatever position you wish. Kill enough of them and your rep would go back to normal. Just have to keep away from security while doing it.

Edit- Values for that script are trial and error. if you select Ship, 70 or 80 is an M0, 60 is an M2, 50 is an M1, 40 or 30 is an m8 or m7 depending on race, and so on. But you can select a specific size ship that it cant be bigger than too. You could select m7 and put in 60, and you'll get a lot of m5's, m4's, m3's and m6's.
This would make getting back to 0 rep easy, but it does jack diddly for getting farther than 6, thus not a solution to my problems.

Spikebhaal
31-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I already did the exploration with a M5 but i always need Jumpdrive for bigger ships if i want to buy something from Teladi or Split :/ Nah i hope there is a solution without cheating but if there is no other way i may change my mind.

Edit: Paranid- and Teladispace are often under Khaakattack but in Aldrinspace i didnt even see any Pirat, Xenon or Khaak :/

K.J.
31-12-2012, 04:11 PM
trading increases reputation as well, over time.

Spikebhaal
31-12-2012, 04:31 PM
@KJ Aldrin doesnt have Traders or i never seen one and with -3 my Traders cant dock at their Stations so Trading isnt helping me much with Aldrin. :(

Dillpickle
31-12-2012, 05:07 PM
in Aldrinspace i didnt even see any Pirat, Xenon or Khaak :/

Pick on another race then... The Split for example, I raised my Aldrin Rep from 0 to 2 by killing a couple of M3's and half a dozen fighter drones they dropped. Paranid and Terrans may work as well.