PDA

View Full Version : Potential friendly fire problem

Solitas
30-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I`m using `` A new battleground start`` and this friendly fire tends to be a pain the bastu for me.
Sometimes I accidentally hit a friendly or neutral ship and it goes imediately beserk on me
Now, in vanilla as well as 1.2 there was something like a 3 strikes and you`re out concept, but now they get angry even from a stray PAC shot which is frustrating sometimes(especially during convoy protection or sector patrol missions), not to mention I can`t even comm them to say I`m sorry, my bad.
I`m not however certain this is a bug, given the fact that I`m playing on Hard difficulty from the in game menu-could be a consequence of aggression that accompanies this difficulty.
Anyways, wanted to point this out and hope for some feedback.;)
Fight with honor, die with glory8)

2Blackhawk
30-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Dont think this has been touched and personally iirc the behaviour has not changed (also in vanilla you could not excuse to everyone)

Solitas
31-12-2012, 01:18 PM
I see...
Probably a glitch in my system therefore I`ll just have to find a way around the issue :lol:

stemardue
31-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Just take into account that when you hit neutral ships, iirc you should try to 'apologize' to their wing commander in case they are in a wing/patrol formation. That was working in most cases. But for some ships or races, even apologizing had no effect (or you didn't even get the chance in comm menu).

I had trouble also in vanilla with 'protect station' missions, when some stray shot hit the station i was supposed to be protecting... so i learned to only fire when i have a totally clear shot and i'm far from other neutral possible targets.

PS Thread moved to general area: not a bug or tech issue

Solitas
31-12-2012, 02:01 PM
so i learned to only fire when i have a totally clear shot and i'm far from other neutral possible targets. That`s the only solution I could think of as well, thanks but it kinda bites wind when the stray shots come from your turrets regardless if they are set for fighters and/or misiles
Another method I came up with is this:
In the unfortunate event when accidentally shoot the wrong target and I am unable to appologise or shake them, I fly to the nearest pirate base with laser tower defenses.
I fly in close proximity of the station so that their shots hit it instead of me.
This activates the Lasertowers and remove the stubborn bakas from my sight.
A sneaky method, yes but it`s better than killing them myself and suffer rep loss 8)

stemardue
31-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Ouch... right, forgot the turrets ^^

Probably better keep em all on missile defense or attack my target. Having turrets free of shooting at any hostile always make things complicated (unless you are a madman constantly diving into Xenon space :D )