PDA

View Full Version : Self repair...rules?

dctrjons
01-01-2013, 06:46 AM
̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶a̶t̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶l̶i̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶.̶
̶
̶F̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶V̶a̶n̶g̶u̶a̶r̶d̶s̶,̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶2̶3̶%̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶4̶7̶%̶.̶ ̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶y̶a̶r̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶O̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶l̶e̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶4̶7̶%̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.̶.̶.̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶$̶1̶5̶k̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶%̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶k̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶2̶3̶%̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶o̶u̶t̶s̶ ̶2̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶m̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶e̶l̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶V̶G̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶.̶.̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶2̶3̶%̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶5̶3̶%̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶c̶y̶c̶l̶e̶.̶.̶.̶n̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶u̶c̶k̶.̶
̶
̶S̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶?̶ ̶ ̶O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶7̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶w̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶-̶r̶e̶p̶a̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶)̶.̶

Edit: Seems that the script requires the player piloting to trigger...is this intended?

2Blackhawk
01-01-2013, 10:05 AM
What does the crossed out text mean? Stil valid or not (if not just edit the post and delete it.

What do you mean with your headline "...conflicting scripts"? Do you have other scripts installed?

Yes M6 up only will self repair. It needs the player to pilot the ship, that how it is today (if it was intended the team needs to answer)

Dropping funds depleting can have several other reasons. i.e. Building drones on a carrier

severniae
01-01-2013, 10:09 AM
You can self repair M6's also - which strikes me as odd, as the cost is next to nothing and takes no time at-all, feels a little unbalanced...

dctrjons
01-01-2013, 11:20 AM
What does the crossed out text mean? Stil valid or not (if not just edit the post and delete it.

It means "I don't know". IE I found the fix, but I have no idea if the fix is intended design or a bug circumvention. So best leave the original info JIC.

Self-repairs seem to trigger only if the ship is entered while undocked, then I can leave and the repairs will continue. Kind of makes sense gameplay wise to control which ship will repair and which do not, but a command would seem to make more sense if this was intended.

Scoob
01-01-2013, 11:46 AM
I managed to get ship self repair working, though it sucks funds at an alarming rate.

Basically, there's a slight issue with the self repair toggle. By default it shows as ON for all capable ships, when in fact it's OFF. If you toggle it to show OFF (it will still be off) then back to ON again, it will really be on this time. I seen mentioned this having to be in the ship, but I don't think that's right - at least it isn't in my game.

While this is a nice feature, I prefer using Marine Repairs myself as it feels nice having to have a "repair crew" on board, though it would be nice if you also needed "Hull Plating" for them to use.

When you're at the point where money really isn't a problem, the convenience of quick repairs is great. If playing a scavenger like me though, the cost really eats into profits from selling abandoned ships. I've not checked the math directly though. I'd say it' perfect for your own combat ships late game.

Scoob

dctrjons
01-01-2013, 08:09 PM
It appears to be ~ 10% of what it would cost at a shipyard.

ON for all capable ships, when in fact it's OFF. If you toggle it to show OFF (it will still be off) then back to ON again
Where do you see this? The AL setting?

Hehe, one thing I won't miss from X3...where and how ship information and controls are sorted.

Scoob
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
@ dctrjons

10% really? I enabled it while playing around and my cash dropped hugely. I wonder if, like shipyard repairs, your cargo extension etc. impact repair costs?

You access it via one of the new menus you set a hot key for - not at my gamer so I cannot check. It shows you a summary of all your ships that can have it set.

Scoob.

dctrjons
01-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Found it, Autopilot>command console>additional commands>config. Good now I can keep a better eye on it.

And I think cost is strictly ship dependent, I took a base model and then 'tricked' it out and the cost at the shipyard and the self repair cost remained the same.

Repair service looks like straight 2x shipyard. And shipyard costs appear to be 1.5X (or more) the value of the ship.

So a 0% hull ship worth 100k:
Repair service - 300k
Shipyard - 150k
Self-repair - 15k

These ratios just the lowest I've seen, some ships cost 2X or more to repair than their value. But it gives a better idea of the cost of speedy repairs.

2Blackhawk
01-01-2013, 09:32 PM
The price and the speed for the self repair differs for the races. For example
Boron ships are somehow organic therefore the repair doesnīt cost anything but is very slow in comparison to other races
OTAS Ships are highly developped --> cost is high but speed also

figure out the others ...

Scoob
01-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Cool, thanks 2Blackhawk. Interestingly, at least one of the races ships appear to be made of WOOD, if I'm reading "Carpenters" correctly... ;)

Scoob.

insolent1
01-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I just saved all my repairs till I had a shipyard, only problem was waiting for a safeish sector to put it in.

Scoob
01-01-2013, 11:20 PM
So, do player owned shipyards repair you stuff for free then? Also, do you know if they ever got player owned Equipment Docks working like normal Race owned ones? I've got the cash to start considering such things now, so it might be fun. I do want to wait until the perfect "home" sector appears, one hasn't just yet.

Edit: sorry, that's going off-topic!

Scoob.

insolent1
02-01-2013, 12:41 AM
It costs resources and a bit of time to repair ships.
EQ docks are great, one of the best things about this mod, you can setup the ultimate EQ dock that has every software upgrade available at one place, it ties in with the shipyard so you can produce ships and have them all outfitted with software, weapons & missiles but there is an issue with shields.

edit

Its possible to produce all the resources for the shipyard for free using the factory ships.

dctrjons
02-01-2013, 05:15 AM
The price and the speed for the self repair differs for the races. For example
Boron ships are somehow organic therefore the repair doesnīt cost anything but is very slow in comparison to other races
OTAS Ships are highly developped --> cost is high but speed also

Ahh, cool touch. I just noticed when posting my last post that the repair was called Crystal regen on the Vanguard...had the instant thought "hmm that sounds slow"...so I guess that makes sense now, well as much as reasonable for something that is made up. I would think that wouldn't cost money though (not a complaint).

2Blackhawk
02-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Itīs for free too. but speed is only 10%

Scoob
02-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Crystaline growth doesn't appear to be free, is that what you meant? I'm certiainly being charged when enabling it on the larger Kha'ak ships I've found bailed. Does the cost/it's free thing vary by ship class within a given race?

Scoob.

2Blackhawk
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
not that I know. Are you sure the funds drop isnīt caused by traders or anything else you have running? Might be that the devs have changed it slightly

Scoob
02-01-2013, 09:39 PM
not that I know. Are you sure the funds drop isnīt caused by traders or anything else you have running? Might be that the devs have changed it slightly

Hi, no I was careful about that. All my traders get their funds from stations. Plus I ensure my cash was static for a while in seta beforehand. the moment I enabled repairs and seta'd again my cash started dropping. Disabling repairs and doing the same, my cash stayed the same. I ONLY had Kha'ak ships allowed to auto-repair, no others. No big deal, but odd nevertheless.

Scoob.

dctrjons
03-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Yeah, same. Auto-repair being free or not are not going to influence my choice in amassing a kha'ak capital ship fleet. So, not a concern.

Nekas
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
might have failed at serch but whats the way to rep your and caped m3/4/5. tried to find self rep but could not find it and rep laser to.

Comander-07
03-01-2013, 05:55 PM
1.) Repair at Shipyards or docks
2.) Set difficulty to easy (then you will have rep lasers)
3.) Use Fighter repair in your Carriers

I noticed that I have to switch the self repair to off and then to on in the menus to start repairing a claimed M6. And I think its way to fast, for only 15.000 Cr. per percent it repairs the hull before I get to the next shipyard in the same sector, lol.. [Tested at my claimed Shamshir]

Nekas
03-01-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks. will have to go to easy mode when i need to rep my m4 atm only have 36k creds in mission at start got blasted bit to much, been thinking restarting might have been good idea.

K.J.
03-01-2013, 08:10 PM
And I think its way to fast, for only 15.000 Cr. per percent it repairs the hull before I get to the next shipyard in the same sector, lol.. [Tested at my claimed Shamshir]
It uses 1/100 of the ships average price (without equipment) to repair 1% hull. So 100% damage (in theory) would mean you pay exactly as much as you would pay if you bought a new one. I think the SY factores in shipupgrades. Especially the cargoextension can get very expensive the more you have, so add alot to the ships value.

ATM Argon M6 repair with 1% per 10seconds, + - as there is randomness involved ;), which is as you noticed way too fast. M2 take 120seconds per 1%. Terrans require half the time but are at 150% price.
Edit: the cost thing is bugged, it is always the same for each race. Will be fixed in next patch.

Comander-07
03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Ok nice :) Yeah, 20% hull - send to shipyard, 10 kilometers later, 100%

K.J.
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
We will refine that. So M6 may take ~1.5min to repair 1%, while M2 take 2.5 or some such. What do you guys think would be fair?

Comander-07
03-01-2013, 08:51 PM
depends on cost :)
I would say maybe you should use a fixed number of hull for M2 repair, cause I think they are way to different from race to race. But when you anyway go to set a different speed for each race I think its ok.
Yeah, 1 min/% for M6, 3min/% for M2.
1.75min/% for M7, 2.5min/% for m1.
Was the self repair intended to be cheap and slow or to be fast and expensive? (Maybe they you could at some enginer goups, so that 1 group means slow and cheap but 2 ast and expensive. But this would be to simple..)

K.J.
03-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Hull repair is supposed to let you repair a few % of your hull after a battle without requiring you to return to a SY. Not to repair 90% damage (well you could, but it takes time). AI ships also use this so they can stay on patrol longer.

Comander-07
03-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok then, its a problem: On the one side it has to repair fast to (50 or 60% ?) but on the other side it should take long to reach 100% ..
maybe split it? to >emergency speed repair< (Fast and expensive, maybe 0.5min/1% it could steal the weapon energy also) up to 60%. Then >qualitiy repair< (Slow but cheaper, up to 100%)
and, because AI patrols dont have money(?) something for them 1.5min/% or so

Scoob
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi,

As you're looking at Hull Repair would it be possible to make the time it takes actually hull point based rather than percent based? I.e. a 3,000 hull point M4 would repair at say 30 points per "tick" so 100 ticks from the theoretical 0% hull - this is while being repaired on a carrier of course. Whereas a 30,000 hull point M7 might do 60 points per tick but, of course, need 500 such ticks. Not sure if this is doable, but if it is then repairs would naturally scale based on hull size.

Cost-wise I think you're a little high still - subject to the tweaks for race differences of course. One of my complaints about Shipyard-based repairs was that even though only the HULL gets repaired, you get charged if you've extended the hold. Really, the hull is only a small part of the ship when you considered engines, generators and the like. Personally, a ships with a theoretically 100% damaged hull (so at 0%) should cost around HALF it's value to repair in my view. It's a shame that engines and the like aren't components in their own right, but that's a limitation of the engine. You could argue that the hull % figure actually represents the overall health of the entire ship and built-in components - doing that does sorta make sense, due to the limitation of the game.

I love the idea of Boron hulls having a semi-organic slow but free repair, same for the Kha'ak with their very alien crystaline hulls. Argon, fast but more expensive - but still less than a shipyard - seems to fit them nicely. Split, well, they're a militaristic race so maybe hull repairs would be deemed "cowardly" for them or maybe they'd have the best system of all to let them get back into the fight... Paranid, fairly middle of the Road and Teladi, well, maybe their system would "automatically deduct technology licensing fees" for each "tick" of repair - I could accept a money option for that race, even though they are the ones who produce Teladianium :)

My preference for hull repairs in general, Boron and Kha'ak aside, is that you need a WARE on board and that's used like ammo. Even though using money is convinient, actually needing to keep a supply of Teladianium Panelling / Hull Plating one your TL / Carrier in order to facilitate repairs really appeals to me *. I use Marine Repairs myself as I like the idea of actually needing a trained team on board, even if they don't use a ware to facilitate repairs.

So, larger ships having repair meterials on-board would be cool in my view.

Scoob.

* as an aside, I've always thought that Shipyards should be the resource sinks of the Universe, sucking up materials for repairs and building - much like the Player HQ. Shame AI Shipyards are not like that really.

K.J.
03-01-2013, 09:54 PM
As you're looking at Hull Repair would it be possible to make the time it takes actually hull point based rather than percent based?
That would be impractical, because M4 have like ... 5000 hull and M2 have like 500k hull -> a M4 is repaired in 1 tick... if that one tick was like 20min, your M2 would take 33h to repair.
And no 100% shipdamage will still take 100% money at default. We won't change that. It's not just the hull, it's everything below it - you wouldn't drive slower just because your carbumper took some dents, would you? It still has to be balanced with other ingame functions as well, Shipyard repairs should still be usefull.
There won't be a ware requirement as that needs micromanagement and we don't want that, as it's tedious.

Scoob
03-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Ok, fair enough. Personally I like it that larger (more hull) ships take longer to repair when using Marine Repairs, makes me imagine my guys scurrying around the ship repairing stuff, or just collecting en-mass in the hanger to repair docked fighters. You could argue that an M2 has proportionally more auto-repair modules or whatever than an M6, hence the repair rate being the same. By "tick" I meant update ticks, i.e. how often shield values go up while charging when looking at a ships information screen, seems to be every second or so. If your "ticks" are 20 minutes then we're talking something a little different lol.

Scoob.

dctrjons
03-01-2013, 10:25 PM
My Terran m7 is repairing 1% every ~15 seconds. And costing 34k. That's super crazy....it's the starter m7 so I don't know if there is something goofy with it or not. But the % cost is more like 0.1% not 1%. Def. needs to be minutes....I don't have to cash to do much testing.

K.J.
04-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I noticed that the cost calculation is totally off when editing the script yesterday, sometimes you pay way too much, sometimes barely 10%. M7 repairtime atm is 30sec per tick, and terrans have double repair speed.
So consider this feature as a demo version for now - show the basic function :D

dctrjons
04-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Well at least it's the kind of feature that probably means things are going wrong in your world in order to take full advantage of.

Crellion22
07-01-2013, 02:47 PM
IMO it would be best if you made it cost same as repairing in a shipyard unless where you load the appropriate ware in which case it costs (including the ware at average price) 10% of what it would at a shipyard.

Speedwise it should be slow and speeded up for every additional marine on board, up to 20 marines with engineering and mechanic 5% stars in which case they would rep the entire hull of an M2 in 3 mins flat. I WANT SOME!1!!111!1

Comander-07
07-01-2013, 05:29 PM
I think that wolud be to complex and its very much like the marine repairing script (isnīt it?)
And for example a m6 is only able to have 5 marines on board so..
To the cost, that would probably be the easiest variant. But I like the difference for each race so they are more individual.

dctrjons
07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
And trust me, you don't want a Marine repairing your transportation.

Scoob
07-01-2013, 10:47 PM

The marines are just there to keep the "passengers" doing their job of repairing my ships... ;)

Crellion22
08-01-2013, 07:42 AM

semper fi!

King of the World
08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
My gamestart (Split - a new battleground) is an IRE on my Astronaut's suit installed. Are their possibilties given to change it to the repair laser?

Nightchade
08-01-2013, 12:16 PM
The space suit's repair laser is only available in easy difficulty, afaik. Try changing your difficulty settings.

King of the World
08-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Nice to know. And no, I don't change the difficulty settings, not at bailing or otherwhere. Difficulty setting will be difficult and not easy. :P

Char
08-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I was lucky to bail a Morrigu (Pirate M1 carrier, costs 70m) that survived. Its description tells it docks only "up to M3" but actualy it docks M6, TS, TP and TM aswell however only one of each at a time. It repairs them all for a tiny fraction of normal repairprizes and it will probably earn back its 70m cost in no time if you have some ships collected..I found 2 bailed Phantom's and 3 Notus's for example in one of the Kha'ak invasion sectors - badly damaged but each worth 21 million (Phantom) and 6m (Notus) new - that got repaired for like nothing. Also lots of TS with maxed out cargohold.

So all the bailed only in that Kha'ak sector where already worth more than the 70m for a Morrigu.

Dont know about other carriers but i can recommend buying one you like to test if it can dock more than M3. If it does - keep and make use of it.

Joelnh
08-01-2013, 04:57 PM
I will have to hunt me down a Morrigu.

Scoob
08-01-2013, 05:24 PM
I actually bought the Mobile Pirate Station "TL" from a Pirate shipyard. I say TL in quotes because it's TL class, but cannot transport Stations. It can however dock 20-odd fighters and two TS/TP class ships and has proven great for my salvage gameplay style.

It' is a shame that many of the larger ships cannot dock more than fighters however.

Scoob.

K.J.
08-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Combat capitals that are not carriers have one fighter dock for scouting or somesuch (or visiting a normal station that they couldn't dock at manually). Having TS docks would basically grant an extra 15k storage room, making the different cargohold stats of the ships obsolete

Joelnh
08-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I agree, earlier this week I was going to switch my ship to the J or Akuma when I noticed I couldn't dock my Salvage ship or Marine TP.
Hopefully the M2+'s will allow for fighters and a couple TS/TP's. I was considering the Mobile Pirate Station and might check it out tonight. if I don't like it, maybe load old save or save to blueprint it.

2Blackhawk
08-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Please stay on topic repair rules!

King of the World
08-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Is there a possibility to change the IRE from the space suit to a repair laser without changing the difficulty (atm at hard)? At the overview I can see that the RL is disabled. Any ideas how to enable only the RL?

K.J.
08-01-2013, 11:37 PM
unless you mess with the scripts - no. Don't ask me how to do it, no idea.

Scoob
09-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Can you not just set a custom level, whereby all settings are as per "Hard" but you turn on the Repair Laser in your suit? The options are certainly there to be changed, but I've not done it myself.

Scoob.

dctrjons
09-01-2013, 07:20 AM
I tired that. I had a ship ENTER a station and the only way to get it out....unless I wanted to spend 30min getting OOS...was to repair and 'yaw' it though.

But no, easy mode is the only mode that has the laser. Custom essentially is its own mode when it comes to this.

Heteran Leticron
10-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Back to the self repair..

i know that it works, my player ship is a pirate hydra and it allways self repairs itself after battle. which i find quite awesome ;)

Now i found a bailed scate and vanguard, which both should also have self repair. but they dont use it. and i cant find any option that turns it on. my hydra just did it by itself. how do i tell my ships to repair themself?
so is it for khaak and boron for free or was it intended to be but its bugged thus it does cost money right now? i allways had this suspicion, that im losing money somehow, but i thought im just paranoid.

Loriel
10-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I think it is M6 upwards to self-repair, configurable in R6 Ship Configuration Overview [initial display probably lies - saying it is on when it is off, so click twice].

M3 downwards can "self-repair" by docking them onto your carrier, and letting them auto-repair there.

Repairs are probably too cheap at present - enjoy it while it lasts.

Loriel

dctrjons
10-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Via ship commands, it's in the 'other' list, the two order slots that typically don't have anything in them for 90% of ships. Then it's under 'config'...if you have other mods installed it might be called something different...but the script name (I think that's what it is) on the right side of the command will still say [config] of some sort. You have to toggle it off and on. Else you can goto the AL settings in the game's gameplay menu and toggle it there for all ships. OR you can enter and leave the ship, that seems to refresh it.

Tritous
27-01-2013, 03:13 PM
regarding the balancing:

Big ships vs small ships: I'd look at it as passengers. An M6 is likely to have a flight engineer and room for plenty of toolkits, an M7 should have a team of 5 or so, capitals should be packing at least 40. The repair rates in real hull values should be proportional to that, which probably still brings the bigger ships to be slower repairing.

in any repair there is the quick patching and then the repair and optimising. Bolting on temporary repair plates will stop you falling apart but nothing will quite be 100%. In the same way I'd say the first 30% of the repair (from the starting point when the repairs kicked in, not 30% of max hull) should repair quick, cheap and easy. after that it is slower and increasingly more expensive as you need more and more spare parts, time, and delicate calibrations.

e.g an M6 at 50% hull should be able to get back to 65% in about 5-10 minutes at about 5k per percent, but after that it should be 5 minutes per percent, and closer to 30-40k per percent, and the last 20% of the repairs should be double that: if you want to make delicate work go dock in a station!

In this way you get emergency repairs for some of the damage done quickly so you can go and lick your wounds elsewhere.

Things that would be nice to have, but probably more work:

Double repair speed at half cost while docked at a station/carrier. A stable working environment does a lot.

Repair window: if you are damage while you are under repair you lose some of the top end so it cannot repair up to 100%. e.g. you are at 50%, you repair up to 75% and end up in another fight, winning at 25%. your cheap repairs now only get back 30% of 75/50 = 15%, or getting you back to 40%, and you cannot self repair past 75% or so (cap it so to at least 50% is possible). If you take hit after hit you are going to damage more and more of your spares. Feasible by keeping a variable of the target value, the value last tick, and if it starts going down, you start pulling that upper target down too.

Use of certain items to increase the "cheap" windows: hull plating, teladianium, quantum tubes, microchips, computer components, rimes, ore, silicon, ecells, in a decending order of economy. Useful for a carrier to keep around maybe. turn it on and off on a ship by ship basis though, or it gets awkward. doing this lets you extend your cheap repair range from 30% up to 55% by carrying spare parts with you. the cheap aspect is countered partly, maybe even mostly, by the use of materials, but it's quicker.

Racial aspects: nice ideas, but there still needs to be a quick and cheap even for boron: like putting on the bandages and waiting for it to heal. perhaps they can use foods to speed up repair, as could the split slaves.

Repair lasers: carrying 4-5 repair lasers increases the repair speed by 10% or so, helps to have the best equipment to hand. woudl need somewhere to produce them though.

Crellion22
30-01-2013, 11:13 AM
talking about repair lasers has anybody been able, in 1.2r or 2.0, to purchase a second hand vessel with repair lasers inside? My guess would be no but just checking.

(I did find* Heavy Ion Ds like that though, or from bailed ships...)

insolent1
30-01-2013, 02:38 PM
talking about repair lasers has anybody been able, in 1.2r or 2.0, to purchase a second hand vessel with repair lasers inside? My guess would be no but just checking.

Haven't seen a repair laser in v2.0, although there was a mention of someone been attacked with one in the tech support forum:)
I do miss them along with the marines, the Reaper made a great repair vessel with 12 mounted and using the weapon charger

Heavy Ion disruptors and heavy mass drivers can be bought from ion disruptor forges and mass driver forges.