PDA

View Full Version : Yaki only passiv?

Spikebhaal
01-01-2013, 11:41 AM
I just want to ask if the yaki only have a shipyard in Tortuga and i never seen them outside from it. No Yakiraids like the Pirates so they stay only in their system is it normal or somethign wrong in my game?

insolent1
01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
In v1.2 they used to roam about the aldrin systems and sometimes the border sectors of races, in v2.0 I haven't seen them aside from missions and a trip to turtuga.

code99
02-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Same here, no sign of the yaki (i havent been to tortuga tho). I think they will start moving around and do their things once enough of the universe is uncoverd (via expansions) so their main sectors (if they have any except tortuga) gets discovered.

Scoob
02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I recall the Yaki being quite a problem in 1.2 and near-overrunning the adjacent sector in my game. I'm glad there not so active, however I do sorta miss them. Additionally, my rep with them is ONE POINT less than my rep with the Pirates, yet the pirates are non-hostile, plus I can dock & buy ANY ship at their shipyards. The Yaki are all red to me and, other than a Kha'ak or Xenon incursion into their sector, I cannot see how I'd get rep with them being unable to dock.

Scoob.

Vhyle
03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
The Yaki Armada mod really made that faction come alive in a very meaningful way. Now, they aren't even a whisper of a fart for a threat.

I don't mind it really, because their Tepukai was the only thing people really ever bought, or the Akurei. Pirates sell the Tepukai, which is just fine for me!

At any rate, I'm not using any other mods for awhile, just straight up 2.0. The fact the Yaki are limp d's is fine for me, because the Pirates are all over the place, doing what the Yaki used to do in 1.2, except not with carriers and doing it much better.

Scoob
03-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah, it's a shame to see them so passive - any word if Yaki Armada works with 2.0 yet?

Hmm, the Tepukei is still in-game, but it seems to be a Xenon ship now - at least, the only ones I've encountered have been in Xenon sectors and Xenon owned.

My first big ship find was a Tepukei M7, it's a little under-shielded but not a bad ship. I use it purely as backup to my Yokohama M7, rather than directly.

Scoob.

insolent1
03-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it's a shame to see them so passive - any word if Yaki Armada works with 2.0 yet?

Hmm, the Tepukei is still in-game, but it seems to be a Xenon ship now - at least, the only ones I've encountered have been in Xenon sectors and Xenon owned.

My first big ship find was a Tepukei M7, it's a little under-shielded but not a bad ship. I use it purely as backup to my Yokohama M7, rather than directly.

Scoob.

WTF, the Tepukei is a pirate ship and can be purchased from the pirate shipyard in backhand deals, its a very common ship in pirate patrol missions and is a regular in the flleeing pirate message in GNS.
In v1.2 there was a kind of xenon version of it called the "Raven" but was a real pain to accquire, it was normally in x203 but there was only 1 iirc....I miss the old Tepukei :cry:

Scoob
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't being quite clear - the Tepukei is certainly a Pirate ship and I've seen it at the shipyard in Backhand Deals of course. The Xenon one IS indeed called the Raven, but it looks near identical. I'd wondered if the Tepukei was meant to be a varient of the Pirate Raven or the other way around. The same as the Pirate factions have their own versions of many race ships. I've not seen a Pirate Tepukei flying around though...

It's the Tepukei I found very early game - I'd assumed it was a freebie rather than a combat bail. I must compare the stats more carefully of Raven vs. Tepukei - I didn't have the luxury to sight see last time I encountered a Raven lol.

insolent1
04-01-2013, 02:18 AM
So the Raven is in v2.0, very good can't belive I haven't seen one yet.
In v1.2 it was the exact same as the tepukei but mounted the xenon weapons and lacked the very powerful bugged shield generator of the tepukei.
If you found a tepukei in a xenon sector it must be from the fleeing pirate GNS mission, you are so lucky the chances of that happening are so low.

code99
04-01-2013, 07:39 AM
any word if Yaki Armada works with 2.0 yet?

I dont think it works, maybe it would need some fix for it ... considering XTC 2.0 has already some scripts governing the yaki, yaki armada script might be in conflict with those ... thats just a guess on my part tho

Scoob
04-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I think we need something to tempt the Yaki out of their home sector - possible that will happen as an event at some point.

Scoob.

insolent1
04-01-2013, 12:29 PM
They have neutral rep with aldrin so tempting them out won't do much, even in v1.2 where they roamed about a bit all they did was take out my adv sat's in some sectors.
Although if they where roaming about aldrin space I would imagine it would become a good place to salvage ships.
I'd like to see them get another sector.

Scoob
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
It's more to prove they exist, I mean, what are they doing floating around their sector? There's no infrastructure there or anything, so it'd be nice to see Yaki trader ships buzzing around carrying both legel and illegal wares with the odd larger ship protecting them. To me, it's just another race to befriend, attack or ignore as the player chooses - they do need to be interesting though!

Hopefully as my game progresses they will venture out... I'd actually like to befriend them, as I have the pirates, to gain access to their shipyard. I suspect it will stay red now though no matter what I do, just as much of Paranid space (well, their stations) has - even though we're best buds now.

Scoob.