PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Pirate start FAQ.

Turnus
03-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Okay, so I read around a while back and people were looking forward to this pirate start, me being one of them, now I have a few questions that I think should be made into a wiki or FAQ for getting this start set-up fully.

Okay I intend to use the following scripts to make the pirates more fun.
-Pirate guild 3
-Yaki Armada
-Luckies scripts [both required logistics and library (I am aware that this may not work)]

Now My questions are:
1. Right off the bat can i start both pirates and armada scripts, since you start in a pirate area..
2. Is there supposed to be no salvage insurance in this start? If I recall it is necessary to load several times before the game is fully operational, which can't be done without pirate bases. (which do not spawn at first start)

Please give me some feed-back, and THANK you guys for finishing the mod at long last. I totally love you guys! I'd marry you all if it was legal. ;)

code99
03-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Why would you use Pirate Guild 3 and Yaki Armada scripts ? XTC has already an inbuilt function. True you cannot change settings for any of em directly (wierd i know, i was expecting some options for them but whatever) but they are active and doing their things, just like pirate guild 3 and yaki armada scripts. Installing those scripts will probably cause problems with the XTC mod since they do the same things XTC arleady does in its own way (in other words, conflict of scripts/mods, those scripts are not compatible with XTC !!)

As for Luckies scripts, yes, some are quite usefull (i for one cant live without the comercial agent :)) but you should be careful since some of the scripts might not be compatible with XTC 2.0

Anyway, as a direct reply to your questions :

1. Right off the bat can i start both pirates and armada scripts, since you start in a pirate area..

No. Those scripts are not compatible as far as i know with XTC.

As for question number 2, ill leave someone else say to that ...

kempachi111
03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
In 1.2 you were able to start Pirate Guild right off the bat, however it was much better to start Yaki armada after discovering the Yaki inhabited sector...

As for compatibility I have to agree with the above, it likely isn't compatible with XTC 2.0, but if you do try let me know how it goes :P

Turnus
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Why would you use Pirate Guild 3 and Yaki Armada scripts ? XTC has already an inbuilt function. True you cannot change settings for any of em directly (wierd i know, i was expecting some options for them but whatever) but they are active and doing their things, just like pirate guild 3 and yaki armada scripts. Installing those scripts will probably cause problems with the XTC mod since they do the same things XTC arleady does in its own way (in other words, conflict of scripts/mods, those scripts are not compatible with XTC !!)

As for Luckies scripts, yes, some are quite usefull (i for one cant live without the comercial agent :)) but you should be careful since some of the scripts might not be compatible with XTC 2.0

Anyway, as a direct reply to your questions :

No. Those scripts are not compatible as far as i know with XTC.

As for question number 2, ill leave someone else say to that ...

Both scripts were compatible before, are these built in scripts new to 2.0? (not arguing as, I am just now booting up 2.0 for the first time.)

Comander-07
03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I wasn┤t sure if Lucikes scripts will work with XTC 2.0 and asked here http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23183-Red-and-Blue-military-ships?p=215047#post215047
but with the "fix" loriel gave me it worked :D

code99
03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Well the scripts you mentioned are not built in XTC themselves but XTC has its own set of scripts that have the same functions (ish) of the scripts you mentioned. The reason the scripts were compatible with 1.2 version of the mod was because that version didnt have any scripts for the pirates and the yaki ... with 2.0 of the mod, there are scripts made for the yaki and the pirates, much like yaki armada and pirate guild. I might be wrong but thats as far as i know.

Turnus
03-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I see so ditch the priate/yaki scripts? What about question #2 (http://www.thexuniverse.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2) ?

code99
03-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I see so ditch the priate/yaki scripts?

Yes, unless someone with more know-how than me tells you otherwise.

What about question #2 ?

As for question 2, i don't know exactly but my guess would be the "reload the game several times till its fully operational" wasnt intended so they didnt add the salvage insurance at the start. As a workaround i suggest you use Cycrow cheats and activate the "unlimited salvage insurance" option, just for the start. Also, there is an option in the XTC configuration menu thats called "Salvage Insurance" which by default is set to off ... idk what that does, may be worth checking it out ?

Turnus
03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Hmm anyway I can't really understand what loriel's fix is, the link brings me to a bunch of script babble that goes completely over my head.

code99
03-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Well i dont have time now to check the fix myself but will do later, ill post here whats up with it unless Comander-07 replies already (or someone else entirely).

Turnus
03-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Well i dont have time now to check the fix myself but will do later, ill post here whats up with it unless Comander-07 replies already (or someone else entirely).

No worries I figured it out. Just had to replace one of the t folder pk files with one provided on the link. Thanks you were a lot of help.

Comander-07
03-01-2013, 09:00 PM
"The commandslotissue with Lucike┤s scriptcollection was a pain. Now with this patchpatch it should be gone.
1. Install Lucike┤s scriptcollection
2. Install Lucike┤s Patch1.2a without the t-files
than overwrite with this.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-6995310/7213-L044.xml.html
I only added a missing commandslot to the original patch
<!-- Build Missiles -->
<t id="3">1233</t>
english version only/patchpatch only removes the commandslotissue

use at own risk"
Install X3TC
Patch it to version 3.2
Install XTC2.0
Extract the XTC1.2 Fix to another folder, copy and paste everything without the T folder to your X3TC installation,
install the linked XML file to the T folder in X3tc,
Enjoy :P

K.J.
03-01-2013, 10:08 PM
the salvage insurance allows you to always save in friendly space (you are charged with the normal salvage insurance fee each time you use one), but you can't save in hostile space. So in other terms - you automatically buy one salvage insurance each time you save somewhere in space (not on stations) if the race is friendly/neutral.

Turnus
03-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Then why can't you save in pirate space? you start friendly with pirates and in a Pirate sector but you can't save. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Vhyle
04-01-2013, 01:14 AM
I can save just fine in Pirate space.

code99
04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
the salvage insurance allows you to always save in friendly space (you are charged with the normal salvage insurance fee each time you use one), but you can't save in hostile space. So in other terms - you automatically buy one salvage insurance each time you save somewhere in space (not on stations) if the race is friendly/neutral.

Well thats good to know ... cant wait for the manual to get released, there are still a lot of things i would like to know about 2.0 and the 1.2 manual just doesnt cut it for me

No worries I figured it out. Just had to replace one of the t folder pk files with one provided on the link. Thanks you were a lot of help.

You're welcome.

K.J.
04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I can save just fine in Pirate space.
have you turned the option to "on"?