PDA

View Full Version : Modding Help request for any scripter with free time.

Turnus
03-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Hiya, I wanted to know if someone could modify player shipyards to take a bit less time, between work and other responsibilities, I cant spend 6 hours for a larger ship to be built. I know many people will consider this cheating, but I want to be able to build my OWN ships and not be race reliant. (I intend to go to war with most of the races ;))

So if my request is possible and anyone knows how to do it, I don't nor am I interested in bricking my install, please post here. I'm begging, pwease :cry:, nah just kidding but I really do want help.

stemardue
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi Turnus,

this is your third post in different threads where you mention your trouble with shipyards building times.

Please, if you don't receive any reply in this new thread, don't go posting about it elsewhere, or your next post complaining about this issue will be considered as spam and deleted.

Be patient. If no one replies it will mean that no one here can help you, so just asking again will not solve your issues.

I hope someone can help with a proposal, or script or instructions on how to achieve what you are asking. Just keep checking the forum for updates. This game series and this community are 'tuned' on long-term planning and timelines, not 'blitzkrieg' sort of shooters ;)

K.J.
04-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Open the ingame script editor and look for "plugin.XTC.Lib.CalcShipProdVals"
open that script, and look for a place that looks like this

if $ship->is of class {M5 2025}
$classval = 10000
else if $ship->is of class {M4 2024}
$classval = 12500
else if $ship->is of class {M3 2023}
$classval = 16666
else if $ship->is of class {TS 2031}
$classval = 5000
else if $ship->is of class {TP 2030}
$classval = 5000
else if $ship->is of class {Big Ship 2073}
$classval = 25000
else if $ship->is of class {Goner Ship (object class) 2039}
$classval = 16666
else if not $classval
$classval = 10000
end

* time
$rvalue = $gvalue / $classval * 18029 / 100 + $gvalue MOD $classval * 18029 / $classval / 100

skip if not $type == 'repair'
gosub calc.for.repair
skip if not $type == 'scrap'
gosub calc.for.scrap1
skip if not $type == 'production'
gosub calc.for.production

$time.divisor = 1
$rvalue = $rvalue / $time.divisor

It's somewhere around the middle
change "$time.divisor = 1 " to "$time.divisor = 4" for example, to have a quarter of the required time.

code99
04-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Open the ingame script editor and look for "plugin.XTC.Lib.CalcShipProdVals"
open that script, and look for a place that looks like this

if $ship->is of class {M5 2025}
$classval = 10000
else if $ship->is of class {M4 2024}
$classval = 12500
else if $ship->is of class {M3 2023}
$classval = 16666
else if $ship->is of class {TS 2031}
$classval = 5000
else if $ship->is of class {TP 2030}
$classval = 5000
else if $ship->is of class {Big Ship 2073}
$classval = 25000
else if $ship->is of class {Goner Ship (object class) 2039}
$classval = 16666
else if not $classval
$classval = 10000
end

* time
$rvalue = $gvalue / $classval * 18029 / 100 + $gvalue MOD $classval * 18029 / $classval / 100

skip if not $type == 'repair'
gosub calc.for.repair
skip if not $type == 'scrap'
gosub calc.for.scrap1
skip if not $type == 'production'
gosub calc.for.production

$time.divisor = 1
$rvalue = $rvalue / $time.divisor

It's somewhere around the middle
change "$time.divisor = 1 " to "$time.divisor = 4" for example, to have a quarter of the required time.

Well thank you! I havent reached the point in game to own a shipyard yet but from reading around here, 6 days to build a ship .... i think thats too long aswell. Thanks.

Loriel
04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I havent reached the point in game to own a shipyard yet but from reading around here, 6 days to build a ship .... i think thats too long aswell.

From XTC 1.x I think 6 days would only apply to the largest ships, and times for smaller ships would be much shorter - probably a few minutes for M5s. Haven't got far enough in 2.0 to confirm that's still true.

Whilst a week seems excessive from a gameplay perspective, from a "reality" viewpoint it's ridiculously short for a large, complex ship (would probably take several years).

As this is a sandbox game, it's good to have the ability to change it to match your own preferences - the various AL settings go a long way towards this goal, and minor tweaks like this start to fill in the gaps.

Loriel

code99
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah, i get what you mean ... well looking at it that way does seem short. Well, i guess ill see how it is whenever i get to have a shipyard (still long way to go).

How does the building work anyway ? You can build all ships in the game? You need blueprints and such? its kinda offtopic but still ... worth asking i say

Turnus
04-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah, i get what you mean ... well looking at it that way does seem short. Well, i guess ill see how it is whenever i get to have a shipyard (still long way to go).

How does the building work anyway ? You can build all ships in the game? You need blueprints and such? its kinda offtopic but still ... worth asking i say

Buy/cap a ship then reverse engineer it at ANY of your shipyards/wharfs and it becomes available to build. SO think PHQ with better capacity and more production lines.

I am sorry to the admin/moderator that posted, there was a few weeks(ish) in between my threads and I admit I probably should not have posted my complaint in that other thread then immediately post this one.

Thanks K.J that's what I was looking for.

Can someone tell me how to mention people or is that an admin only thing?

code99
05-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Buy/cap a ship then reverse engineer it at ANY of your shipyards/wharfs and it becomes available to build. SO think PHQ with better capacity and more production lines.

Thank you.

Can someone tell me how to mention people or is that an admin only thing?

You can mention ppl aswell but i forgot how lol, i used to do it in the past ...

K.J.
05-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Turnus simply put an @ before the username