PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Point to Point jumps - some confusion

Scoob
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Hi all,

I've got some Kha'ak ships so thought I'd play around with point-to-point jumping.

At first I tried it in a quiet area, it worked great! Next I tried it in a race sector to jump into the thick of the combat, it worked great!

Much later, while I was invading Sector 611 - which is Xenon controlled in my game - I tried to p2p to an enemy group. I get the audio message "No target" followed by "Autopilot Engaged" but nothing happened, no jump. I thought it was maybe because I'm in combat...no, maybe because my shields are below N amount...no. I tried again in the Xenon sector with no enemy near by at all...it just doesn't work.

I head back to a race sector and it's working just fine, in combat or out of it, low-shelds or full shields. yet, as soon as I venture back to Sector 611 where I really NEED to p2p jump, it fails. There was nothing in my way, I wasn't being blocked. I tried jumping to totally clear space and it failed just the same. It's not range as I've tried many from close to far, it just seem to be this sector.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Loriel
04-01-2013, 12:42 AM
I presume this is similar behaviour to XTC 1.x (I haven't progressed far enough to check for myself).

PTP jumpdrives didn't function in "enemy-controlled" sectors.

This is a frustrating "feature", but probably necessary to retain a modicum of balance - the player already has numerous advantages over the AI opponent.

Loriel

Scoob
04-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Ah, thanks Loriel, I wasn't aware of that from XTC 1.x - it does seem quite a shame, as that's when it'd really come in handy. I'd say a cooldown timer between uses would be fair, but disabling it entirely for enemy sectors is a shame. I guess if we consider it pure a defensive option in Race sectors it's ok.

Scoob.

insolent1
04-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Its the only down side to p2p jumps except not been able to speed it up when using SETA if you are flying it.
IMO the current setting is for the best as it would be way too overpowered since you get full shield and laser energy restored.