PDA

View Full Version : Boneheads M5

Yautja
04-01-2013, 12:55 AM
Being a split i thought i had the fasted M5 in the game the Jaguar Raider, 585 m/s. Used it for asteroid scanning, sector revealing and the odd taxi mission. Good first ship
Though a few times now started 'follow to base' mission and the boneheads have appeared. The boneheads (even though split!) have much faster ships, Sentinel 721 m/s & Vanguard 805 m/s haven't seen the raider variant speed.
Been killed 3 times now, haven't started another since. There is just no getting away in my m5, no jump drive...

Standard pirate ship stats in the encyclopedia seem fair being slightly faster but the boneheads ships are insanely higher.
Are these figures correct, thought the speed of all ships were now much closer together?

buck9485
04-01-2013, 01:51 AM
When you have XTC set to higher difficulties, enemy ships get more tunings than normal. If you feel it's unfair, you can switch to custom difficulty and set the tunings to 100% or whatever you'd like.

Yautja
04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
My settings are set to normal! Which means that the ships should be equal?!
I changed settings several hours ago (in game) and travelled through many gates to other sectors, so surely the setting should be set now.

When do settings get updated ?
Where are the stats in the encyclopedia for the race specific pirate ships? I'd like to see the other variants, maybe get a few of their ships :)

Thanks

ps all Raider variants have XL Triplex scanners built in but can only carry tiny packages, this by design?

K.J.
04-01-2013, 01:28 PM
ps all Raider variants have XL Triplex scanners built in but can only carry tiny packages, this by design?
yes, M5 raiders are the "scout"class so to speak.

My settings are set to normal! Which means that the ships should be equal?!
Only freshly spawned ships will have the new setting. The old ships will die out eventually but that can take some time.

Yautja
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
The Ships are spawned with the mission, got a save that i can start to get these ships every time
If i don't start mission they don't come, in fact pirates ignore me as i've never killed any and have done missions for their stations
Level -3 obviously doesn't prevent them from attacking, but i've not been attacked yet (out of missions)

K.J.
04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
strange, that's certainly not intended. Their base statline is just a couple of m/s higher then the standard variants. Something is giving them more engine tunings then they are supposed to have.

Dillpickle
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
It's how they've always been in these missions - the ship gets a random number of tunings added, which sometimes takes them over their normal max speed. There have been numerous reports of it on the ES forums over the years...

Yautja
04-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Thanks for clearing up this up for me.

Though i have to say that its not just the same mission that spawns these ships, i've tried many different 'Follow' missions and the ships are spawned the same, there are no RANDOM tunings added, all the variants are the same.

There is no point in these missions that cant be completed, larger ships that can kill the improved pirate ships are too slow to keep up with the ship being followed, is there a way to fix this (this is a mod ;) )

Earlier question : Are there entries in the encyclopedia for race specific pirates?

K.J.
04-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Earlier question : Are there entries in the encyclopedia for race specific pirates?
the ship variants have seperate entries under the pirate race, yes - if that is what you mean. The "background" of each pirate "faction" is in the manual.

Yautja
05-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks for trying to answer my questions K.J. though it seems you never understood by reading earlier posts.

There are NO entries for 'Race Specific Ships' only default Pirate Ships, so there is no way of knowing what 'Boneheads' are capable of, or the others Sharks etc.
Without coming across them and dieing, Standard pirate ship stats are nothing like the Clans...

Its not just on 'Follow' Missions now either, for some reason they hate me and every time i start my save its only a matter of time till they spawn to kill me, Even the police and Split military don't care that they are shooting me in their sectors
True without a scanner i cant report them, but they don't even react to pirates in their core sectors.

This has ruined my 13 hour game, and may have to start again, But I'm reluctant to do so as i don't know whether this is gonna happen again :furious:

Raider variant4407

Solitas
05-01-2013, 04:55 PM
for some reason they hate me and every time i start my save its only a matter of time till they spawn to kill me, Even the police and Split military don't care that they are shooting me in their
sectors I had the same problem with the Boneheads, only I used a more sneaky approach to get them of my back :)
I only had a M5 or M4 and a band of Boneheads hunting me.
As the military would not help me I did the next best thing XD
Went and found the a Skulls Pirate base, docked, saved, then I positioned my ship close to the stations hull, a small indentation, where I sqeezed my ship with skillful strafing.
When those Boneheads started firing, they would only/mostly hit the hull of the station thus making the Lasertowers go online and perceive them as a threat.
A couple of minutes later most of them were space dust and 2 interceptors and a scout actually bailed.
You should try it, but carefull when you strafe out not to get stuck XD

Yautja
05-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Solitas Done the trick they are now all dead, ironically i can still park on the Boneheads pirate base! Maybe because i never shot them down?!

Still not happy about ship speeds though, point of whole Thread... Though it was answered by Dillpickle

END

Solitas
06-01-2013, 09:45 AM
Maybe because i never shot them down?! it does not matter how many ships you shoot down, as long as you don`t hit the station you are cleared to dock at it