PDA

View Full Version : Tip Missing feedback on wrong ship for taxi mission

Ellond
04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
EDIT2: updated topic (previously: "Taxi mission to randomly spawned PB kind of not starting correctly")
EDIT3: Well, seems like I can't change the topic.

Greetings!

Clean X3TC 3.2 installation, clean XTC 2.0 installation, no other scripts, no other mods, scenario: A new battlefield (Split classic), difficulty: x-treme (changed right after starting), ship: M5 - yes, I made sure to have enough caro capacity and a life support system.

I experienced some trouble with a taxi mission. This missions are usually no problemo and working as intended, but if the destination happens to be one of these randomly spawned pirate bases (in this case Rhonkar's Hindsight, expansion stage 0, I guess), the customer refuses to enter my ship. No error messages, no entry in my mission log, no feedback at all - just a +1 for my missions accepted counter (as if I instantly failed this mission). I am still able to contact the NPC on the station, however, all I get are the standard dialogue options (equipment dock/shipyard/surrender).

My current reputation with the pirates is at -3 (-9990) - they're blue (no exceptions), do not shoot on sight and let me dock at the PB.

EDIT1: After reloading to an autosave, same problem. Same after accepting a different taxi mission with the same destination.

Solitas
04-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Does the customer states he needs a fast ship, or a ride?
Some do ask for a TP class ship.
I too use the Split start and made countless taxi trips to pirate bases, don`t remember having that problem.
I do remember experiencing that potential glitch once, but the destination was not a pirate base.

insolent1
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
M5's can not carry passengers, I don't even think they can have cargo life support installed since its a S sized ware and m5's only take tiny sized ware which is denoted by "-" meaning no ware size.
You need an m3 at least, i'm unsure if there are any m4's that can take m sized ware.

Edit i was wrong about the CLS it dosen't have a ware size so can be fitted to m5's, check your message log as it often says whats wrong/needed in this when doing a mission.

Ellond
06-01-2013, 08:45 AM
An update from my side: After doing about 50 more taxi missions, of which at least 2 or 3 led me to a PB, I was not able to reproduce the problem. The only difference was that I carefully double-checked the mission briefings this time.

Then I purposely grabbed one of these TP taxi missions with my M5 and behold - same situation as stated in my first post!

In short, 'fast ship' taxi missions are fine, PBs are fine. Only TP taxi missions are lacking negative feedback when accepted with a wrong ship type.

Loriel
06-01-2013, 09:17 AM
TP taxi missions are lacking negative feedback when accepted with a wrong ship type

Agreed - I have observed this.

It does seem to be an unfortunate omission, both because the lack of feedback confuses the player and because some of the feedback in the vanilla game is good, bordering on amusing.

Loriel

2Blackhawk
06-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Changed the title to summarize the status of discussion. I think there is enough information for the devs so I close this thread. If necessary it can be reopened.

Thanks for reporting

lich+ich
06-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Regarding the closed threat http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23224-Taxi-mission-to-randomly-spawned-PB-kind-of-not-starting-correctly

I have experienced the same problem when accepting "fast ship" taxi missions from a pirate base.
I had accepted two from the same station before docking with my M5, but had only one passenger after undocking. No massages from the second passenger, the mission wasn't in the log anymore, nothing to hint what went wrong...
Only after checking my cargo hold again I noticed scrap parts from my overuse of the boost extension had reduced my free cargo space to under 6 units. Tossed the scrap out, docked at the station again, and voilą, the second passenger was on board.
The lack of feedback was irritating, though.

Over and out! ;)

Lich

Edit 2b post moved