PDA

View Full Version : Mission Pirate Plot issue - contains spoilers

insolent1
04-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Well its my fault for not docking and saving enough and I overwrote the save from before accepting the mission.
My nearest save is 6hrs before when I had some fun with 2000 squash mines.
I'll be vague so as not to be too spoilerish

The mission is to get an object to a location but during the journey the nefarious kha'ak used the object as a shield and the object has become hostile to me.
After 10 or so attempts to get it follow me, I got it to its destination but because its hostile the mission will not complete.
Since I can't target it, I cannot use the cheats to reset its friend/foe status.

So i'm wondering is there some other solution that could work that dosen't involve me going back in time?

great plot btw :grin:

Dillpickle
04-01-2013, 05:35 PM
I'll be vague so as not to be too spoilerish

There is such a thing as being too vague... From what you have written I have no idea where you are in the plot, what you are trying to do, and what the problem is.

If you're worried about giving too much information away then use spoiler tags.

That way people have to make a conscious decision to read it.

insolent1
04-01-2013, 07:07 PM
There is such a thing as being too vague... From what you have written I have no idea where you are in the plot

lol well I suppose I was a bit vague :)

Its the bit where you have to tow the Kyoto to the pirate base

Dillpickle
04-01-2013, 07:48 PM
The fact that it's hostile has no effect on the mission.

You just have to tow it close to the Pirate base. Once you, the Kyoto and the pirate ship are in the Pirate base sector, the ship should become target-able and owned by the Pirates.

insolent1
04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Thx for the reply
I have it right up beside the pirate base and even tried towing it into the base but they both appear indestructable :)
The Revenge is docked at the pirate base

I shall mess around a bit and see what happens

Dillpickle
06-01-2013, 09:23 AM
In which case there may be a problem, if you could upload a save somewhere that DOESN'T require giving them my email address to get it I'll take a look.

insolent1
06-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Hopefully this link is ok

http://www.mediafire.com/?kvv7lbf99h62vly

It should be right at the point of the problem and the split and paranid plots not working should be in it

Dillpickle
06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
OK, I've found the problem and will be fixed in the next patch.

You should be safe to leave the Kyoto where it is. When the patch is released you'll be able to complete the mission simply by changing ships.

Amun-Re
03-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I have a similar Proplem in the same part of this Mission.
In my case the Kyoto is still not target-able after I'm back in the Pirate-Sector.
Will this be fixed in the next patch too or is this another Problem?

insolent1
03-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Tow it to within 2km or so of the pirate base and if you haven't turned it hostile the mission should complete

Amun-Re
04-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Ok, I tried the whole Mission again.
In my first try I used my TP+ Angel. It already had a tractor beam. When I reached the Kyoto
option #1 (I tow it back) didn't work. After selecting this, the Mission-log-book still told me to talk with Anne.

Option #2 (Anne gives me a tractor-beam) was kind of weird. By choosing this one with my own tractor-beam already installed, the Mission-log-book said immediately I have to tow the Kyoto back. But after Anne ejected her tractor-beam, it told me to pick it up. After picking it up, this doesn't change. So I left my own TB home before I started the Mission again. I selected Option #2 and towed the Kyoto back to the pirate base where it didn't become target-able.

Option #3 (take "the Revenge") didn't work too, because on the Revenge I couldn't install the TB. There is no slot for it on the whole ship.

After absolving the second Leviathan-Mission (tow it to the shipyard) I thought this "Bug" could happen because I used a TP+ and not an M6.
Because of this I tried it again with my M6+ Heavy Hydra with the same results.

At the moment the Kyoto (not target-able) is parked above the pirate station.

Is this the same Bug which already is reported in this thread or another one?

greetings

shameless creature
04-02-2013, 07:03 PM
OK, I've found the problem and will be fixed in the next patch.

You should be safe to leave the Kyoto where it is. When the patch is released you'll be able to complete the mission simply by changing ships.
I experienced the same issues as Amun-Re. Does your reply mean that we can leave the Kyoto parked next to the pirate base and it will become targetable or it will be claimed by the pirates to complete the mission in some way after we've installed the patch? Or shall we better not start the mission and leave the Kyoto where it is in the Khaak sector until the patch has been installed?

Ban Dana
03-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Well, I did the mission myself but it is "endless" for me too !
I am not a "mistakes hunter" but wtf is Anne doing by lending me her Marauder since this M6 CANNOT USE TRACTOR BEAM ???
:x:shock:
After trying almost every trick I knew, I think I'll give up and abandon the M2+ close to the Pirate Base...
But, for the love of GOD, give us the "solving problems" PATCH cause it's becoming very ANNOYING to play the game with 3 plots BLOCKED !!!

Nemoricus
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM
But, for the love of GOD, give us the "solving problems" PATCH cause it's becoming very ANNOYING to play the game with 3 plots BLOCKED !!!

Keep in mind that the XTC team works on this mod in their free time, a resource that become quite scarce due to real life demands. I am quite sure that they will correct these issues, but in the mean time please be patient.

Ban Dana
03-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Keep in mind that the XTC team works on this mod in their free time, a resource that become quite scarce due to real life demands. I am quite sure that they will correct these issues, but in the mean time please be patient.

Lol dude, your reply is off-topic and full of TRUISM !
:grin:
Unless you are one of the Team member, please dont "lure" me/us to read a "flat" post instead of a solution to my/our gameplay !
:rolleyes:

Dillpickle
03-04-2013, 05:58 PM
I am not a "mistakes hunter" but wtf is Anne doing by lending me her Marauder since this M6 CANNOT USE TRACTOR BEAM ???

It could when the Plot was written and tested - at some point unbeknown to me it got removed.

As Nemoricus said this mod was done in our free time, we weren't paid to do it, and if that means you have to wait for a patch because someone has more pressing real life issues to deal with, then that's the way it is.

Shouting about it isn't going to make it happen any quicker.

Ban Dana
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Greetings Dillpickle and a trully hat off for you and the other Team members for the nice work you've done so far !!!
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/figuren/d060.gif (http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php)
I knew very well that you are doing the XTD "for free" (I was thinking also that a couple of euros for every made download would help you guys !!!) but you must also understand that for an addicted X player it's very hard to wait not knowing how long will it take until the mighty PATCH will emerge.
Dont want to flame or spoil threads but I also dont want to receive "lessons" instead of advices from outsiders.
Keep up your good work !
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/nahrung/a017.gif (http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php)

nmpeter
23-03-2014, 12:03 AM
I just finished the pirate plot. Changing ships allowed the conditions to be met and I was made that pricey offer. I'd suggest saving right before the pricey offer, as if you decline to come back later, there seemed to be no way to make contact with bonnie again. Perhaps it's on an interval/sector timer, but worth note.

My M6 ( osprey) was able to mount the tractor beam.

Hostile action in that sector will be regretted unless you are in a far bigger ship.

Even with 400 plus drones in action ( quite a sight) it took me quite a few attempts before I got it together to clear the gate .

Now it's a long wait..and lots of grinding to the next bit of fun.

thanks for a great upate..have to say far more enjoyable then the original not having to slum your next ec.