PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned ship still firing

Loriel
04-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Whilst approaching an abandoned Heavy Centaur to claim it, I noticed that it was still firing. There was some combat nearby - local defence forces against pirates I think - and I presume the abandoned ship was continuing to fire against its former foes.

It had been abandoned for some time, and it wasn't just "bullets" still in transit from before it was abandoned.

Unfortunately I couldn't see if it hit anything.

It stopped firing when I claimed it.

Loriel

stemardue
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
bad case of rigor mortis of some dead gunner, maybe? :p

Char
05-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Its not a bug, a trap! I found 2 cases of pirates playing bail in my Game until now. Usualy they are a little outside the main sector where you dont find bailed vessels normaly unless its an area towards an far out pirate base where you find allot bailed ships usualy. Also watch out when you see some crazy worthy container obviously off the grid.

Dont forget to save when you go there looking.

Joelnh
06-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I had that happen to me, I was thinking it was a bailed pilot from another ship who decided he liked the bigger ship and jumped in. I wasn't watching the ship since I was in a fight.

dctrjons
07-01-2013, 04:11 PM
This doesn't sound like a "trap" case, as far as I know you can't claim them, the traps change hostility.

This sounds like it was shot at after it bailed and then became hostile to the aggressor. I've had this happen when I tried repairing a ship before capping...I think I was in hostile territory and didn't want it to be mine until it was 100%...so I think this is a vanilla bug.

The difference here is, it might have been hostile to the AI, while still 'abandoned' to the player. I think it's pretty uncommon for the AI to deal enough damage after a bail to trigger the hostility.

Scoob
09-01-2013, 12:05 PM
I've sometimes seen a bailed ship get hit again & then react to it. Often if a bailed ship still has weapons on board the turret command (attack enemies etc.) are still active. As a neutral ship is should have no enemies, but stray shots post-bail that don't kill it may well trigger this response.

I had one bailed & subsequently claimed, ship flying to my Mobile Pirate base get attacked and "bail" again! Same ship, same ID, so I claimed it again having taken care of the aggressors. That was a little odd & I've not seen it since!

Scoob.

Dazzard
12-01-2013, 03:10 PM
I've sometimes seen a bailed ship get hit again & then react to it. Often if a bailed ship still has weapons on board the turret command (attack enemies etc.) are still active. As a neutral ship is should have no enemies, but stray shots post-bail that don't kill it may well trigger this response.

I had one bailed & subsequently claimed, ship flying to my Mobile Pirate base get attacked and "bail" again! Same ship, same ID, so I claimed it again having taken care of the aggressors. That was a little odd & I've not seen it since!

Scoob.I read on this forum that even player owned ships that aren't being piloted by the player can bail :shock: Means only the player's current ship is immune to bailing!