PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found the Pandora crate?

nflszhu
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I saw the message about Pandora crates several times on the news but haven't found them yet...has anyone found them? And if so maybe can tell me where they are?;)

Nightchade
04-01-2013, 09:05 PM
What in space is a Pandora Crate?

nflszhu
04-01-2013, 09:08 PM
The same as in AP, some further ship tuning which makes the ship which pick them up go and turn faster then normal version. In AP I made my Boreas go 103m/s...:rolleyes:

Nightchade
04-01-2013, 09:11 PM
I want one.....

nflszhu
04-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Me too, that's why I'm asking 8)

Nightchade
04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
But.... this mod isn't based off of AP, it's TC, and i don't know if those existed in TC... so I have absolutely no idea. But now.... yeah, I want one....

insolent1
04-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Even though GNS hints at something like them, I don't think they are in but damn I want them....100m/s Olympos :grin:

nflszhu
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm quite sure there are same crates in XTC because I saw a message about "floating ship extension" in the GalNet system
IIRC, those crates can be found in a sector with several suns but relatively normal or low sun intensity and a nebula. The crates are far from the ecliptic but are close to one axis...any idea?

MadMac
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
If their anything like the Pandora creates from X3:R (or was it X3:TC), the answer's in the description from GNS and the sector descriptions.
Kinda makes you read the sector descriptions in the galaxy map.
Anyway...if their real, fly to the sector and start at coord 0,0,0.
Pick any one of the six directions then fly on that axis to the end.
If you don't find it, rinse and repeat on another axis.
Use an M5 on SETA to find it but pick the ship you want to use it carefully.
IIRC there were several that were not on a specific axis though.
I also don't think you know if it's rudder or engine until you pick it up.

I had a Python up to 267m/s and then did an Arrow up to 2640m/s...did a lot of exploring with that Arrow.

Loriel
04-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Personally I suspect it's a ruse by the XTC developers, spreading these rumours to encourage you to explore the universe more extensively.

If that is true, then you probably won't hear any useful information on the issue, and will have to explore for yourself, or miss out on this wonderful (but probably mythical) bonus feature...

Loriel

Crellion22
10-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Personally I suspect it's a ruse by the XTC developers, spreading these rumours to encourage you to explore the universe more extensively.

If that is true, then you probably won't hear any useful information on the issue, and will have to explore for yourself, or miss out on this wonderful (but probably mythical) bonus feature...

Loriel

Unless I am very much mistaken it has been answered by the team that there is no easter eggs (overtuning crates) in XTC.

The descriptions are there to tease us. I once (in 1.2) emptied a dragin nest of its eggs and the description suggested that if you kept it long enough you might get a pet dragon. Didnt happen :P