PDA

View Full Version : Universe Expansion Stalled?

ytene
05-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Apologies if this is not a bug...

Having played 1.2 quite a long way through, I've seen how the Universe expands, at least in it's early stages. I've now started on 2.0, and obviously I've seen the Universe expand from it's initially compact state, with numerous sectors being added. Weird thing is, for the last couple of days of playing sessions, say 8-10 hours elapsed time [not sure how much of that is SETA, but happy to get specific details if it will assist the triage] I do not see any expansion in the Universe.

For example, heading west from Sirius Prime, the furthest I can get is Mutual Benefits... Heading east I can get to Miner's Aspiration and from there south to Gemini... The south-east corner of my map is currently Sectors 1716 and 1718...

May I ask if there is anything I can check to ensure that the expansion process is functioning correctly please?

Thanks and Best Regards,

C

stemardue
05-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Afaik every further expansion stage takes longer than the earlier, so you will most likely have another expansion soon. There should be no stalling of the expansion - no bugs in there reported so far and been solid also in all the beta tests.

2Blackhawk
05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Some of the jumpgates are quite far outside and not directly on the axis - which means they are hard to find even with the new function of the M5s. So what Im trying to explain is that you may be missed some gates and therefore do not see the expansion.
A new stage does not mean that all related sectors appear at once but sequentially.

I will remove the "Bug" prefix as long as it is not proofed that it is one.

ytene
05-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Thank you both ... I think that's all the inducement I need to keep on playing a bit more...

;)

Confirmed resolved; after what seemed like an age, the next expansion phase kicked in...

Why do i get the impression that this is like Peter F. Hamilton's "Void" Trilogy, only in reverse? :?

Edit 2b: posts merged

2Blackhawk
08-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks for reporting. Thread moved as no Bug

Turnus
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Okay I'm gonna ask a quick question and i'm aware I asked it in another thread but I am being impatient.

l lowered the Expansion delay but this only made the delay worst I don't have the free time to play it with the full delay so im wondering how the Expansion setting and Station god settings work.

2Blackhawk
10-01-2013, 09:27 PM
how about saying what you did, instead off saying I made it worse? if you increased a value how about decreasing it?

edit impatience isn t a talent that is much appreciated here, or pressing people to answer. mlst of us have exactly the same problem.

Turnus
10-01-2013, 11:33 PM
how about saying what you did, instead off saying I made it worse? if you increased a value how about decreasing it?

edit impatience isn t a talent that is much appreciated here, or pressing people to answer. mlst of us have exactly the same problem.

That's the thing I decreased it to like 2% and it made no change, it actually felt like longer so I'm thinking how exactingly does the timers work do the changes only take effect AFTER the next sector expansion? And yeah I know it's not appreciated but I did wait a couple of days before I asked again, and then I asked in a topic that was along the same topic, so I figured why not. Thanks for responding and I will try to be less annoying in the future, though I seem to have a knack for being annoying unintentionally.