PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Pirate Bases (No Spoilers)

ytene
06-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Real quick question everyone.... Does anyone know if pirate bases re-spawn if destroyed please? I think it was X2 that made this an option. I checked the "gameplay" settings, but don't see any clue either way....

(Yes, I was silly enough to destroy my local pirate base... Now I have nothing to spawn bad guys for me to shoot at!)

:(

Nightchade
06-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Don't worry, there are more.... I actually have 2 Pirate Bases in a couple of sectors... I use those for chew toys.

Loriel
06-01-2013, 12:36 AM
I am fairly sure that they do respawn.

In another thread, at http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23251-Can-Pirates-be-wiped-out, one of the developers indicated that it's not possible to eliminate a pirate faction, which implies that a destroyed base will respawn (though possibly not in the same space).

Loriel

Vhyle
06-01-2013, 04:31 AM
I've noticed upon first exploration to uncover a sector, there would be 1 or sometimes no, pirate base in sector. I'd come back later and there would be 2 in sector, and I've been in and out of a sector when one got destroyed just to see another one replace it. I'm not sure if a different pirate faction will spawn there, of it it's the same pirate faction as before (example: Sharks, Axis, Boneheads). Pretty cool I think, I owe a lot to the pirates, they've provided me with a lot of ships.

ytene
06-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks... silly as this may sound, I am annoyed with myself for destroying that specific base. It was in a local Argon sector, out of the way but not difficult to get to. I could wander down there with my purchase Centaur or my capped Tiger and pick off anything the base sent my way, and it was easy pickings. Being in an Argon sector and having an Argon Law Enforcement License meant that I got recognition for each ship thus destroyed or capped... My Tiger was knocking out Pirate Heavy Centaurs and the like - typically I'd get 4-6 M6s and 1-2 M7's every time I made a visit...

As a result of this I got to Assassin (41%) and Argon Federation Marshal (63%) in very short order... but that's all tailed off now that I've wiped out the pirate base. I guess I'll just have to let my universe continue it's expansion in the hope of picking up more. Meanwhile, I've got the cash to put sector traders in all the locations where there are decent numbers of factories, so hopefully that will help with the race ranks...

Cheers!

Joelnh
06-01-2013, 01:29 PM
the pirate bases do respawn if you destroy them... they will appear at a different corner of the sector.