PDA

View Full Version : Request XTC X-tended 2.0 Ship stats?

habeebafett
06-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi Team,

First off maximum Kudos for releasing an update and extension to an already fantastic mod. (see what I did there ? :D)

My request is for further information about the fantastic new ships and weapons we can use and abuse in this mod. I remeber last year for 1.2 there was a well constructed database and guide to the new additions here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=294795 but I have not been able to find an updated one. Is this still valid? I am assuming there has been vast changes. I do like to play with an aim in mind and usually this is aquiring a certain ship or fleet of ships to suit my playstyle. I know there is now some fantastic vids on youtube showing the various new ships but it does not give specific information like turrets, shields, lasers types, docked ship capacity and type or size in comparison to other ships of its class.

I can gan get this information by interogating the t.ships file of course but this can be a little cumborsom(sp) when the naming conventions do not carry over in game.

so in summary, is there an updated database of ship stats and weapon/missile data out there somewhere that i can view/dl?

Forgive me if this has already been answered in another thread but I have looked and could not find.

Many thanks in advance and once again Kodus to your skills, dedication and continued support in our galactic adventures :)

stemardue
06-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Thank you for your appreciation ^^ - players' enthusiasm is the best way to see that the Team's efforts have reached their goal.

About ship statistics for 2.0 i can't give you an official reply, because so far that kind of tables have been voluntarily and diligently built and made available by other players. In particular i remember the excellent work of Diemetius for many of the existing mods.

I guess he is already working at a version 2 (for 2.0) but it will definitely take some time, since changes are massive and the number of ships and variants is even huger than in version 1.2

So... we all look forward to an updated version of the stats.

habeebafett
06-01-2013, 01:28 PM
You are most welcome. Credit where credit is due.

Thanks for such prompt reply.

Vhyle
06-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you for your appreciation ^^ - players' enthusiasm is the best way to see that the Team's efforts have reached their goal.

About ship statistics for 2.0 i can't give you an official reply, because so far that kind of tables have been voluntarily and diligently built and made available by other players. In particular i remember the excellent work of Diemetius for many of the existing mods.

I guess he is already working at a version 2 (for 2.0) but it will definitely take some time, since changes are massive and the number of ships and variants is even huger than in version 1.2

So... we all look forward to an updated version of the stats.

I'm glad he is doing that. I really would like to figure out what to use as a player ship.

K.J.
06-01-2013, 03:51 PM
No Diemetius is not working on a table atm. It's extremely laborious to extract all the stats from the game on your own.
There is a proper developer statistics table this time around, which will be cleaned up and offered for download, when it's ready - Sam, one of our testers, has taken up the task.

MadMac
06-01-2013, 06:34 PM
No way! Sam, Sam Redstone!?
He's actually going to do work!?
Not just tool around the universe testing everything!?

J/K Sam. Luv Ya, man!

PS: I use to live by Diemetius spreadsheets.

Sam Redstone
07-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Ack, me? I wasn't going to make that project public yet, because to be honest, I'm not sure how far I'll get! :lol: But yes, I did say I'd have a crack at it. Just don't expect it SOON, that's all I'm saying.

First I need to get the final screen shots for the manual done, and then I want to make a longer-range missile mod (should be easy), and THEN I was going to look into the spreadsheets.

All this and real life, too, of course. You MIGHT have a few more grey hairs on your head by the time I get it all done, haha... (if you still have any hair at all!)

Diemetius
07-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I got ever a provisional shipping table by KJ I think.

But above all the technical values ​​of the weapons systems, can not be implemented in my statistics.

Better we wait for a new statistic of Sam. ;)

But if you wish , i edit the prov. table of K.J. for all users?

Greetings Diemetius

agerweb
09-01-2013, 04:01 PM
I have done the Stats for Argon/OTAS ships which is what I play with - there are some quite significant changes from 1.2

You can grab my current version direct from the link below:

www.agerweb.co.uk/random/Argon-OTAS-shipstats-XTC2-V1.xls

The stats are taken from in-game information and the prices are those charged at the Yards in the Sirius Sectors.

Joelnh
09-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Nice spreadsheet. The Skiron and Custodian have errors, either the total number of weapons or the weapons per location is wrong.
i.e. Skiron shows 18 max weapons but weapons add up to 14 and the Custodian says 30 but it adds up to 20.

agerweb
09-01-2013, 04:25 PM
well spotted! - I have amended the file it is 14 and 20 respectively I shouldn't try doing arithmetic after 2 in the morning!

Joelnh
09-01-2013, 05:48 PM
actually, your more creative when tired.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20077_5-workplaces-annoyances-that-can-actually-boost-creativity.html

Sam Redstone
09-01-2013, 06:58 PM
actually, your more creative when tired.

...but not more mathematically accurate. :lol:

All right, seeing as there is a genuine desire out there, I will bump my spreadsheet project up ahead of my missile mod (which is really just for me, anyway).

I still have to finish a logo for a client, which is due in about a week... but after that, I'll be working on the spreadsheets.

Sam Redstone
23-01-2013, 03:22 AM
All right, I have knocked together a basic ships stats spreadsheet. Actually, all I did was take the one the developers used and remove some info that players don't really need, fixed a bug or two, and added some alternating background color to make it more scannable with the eyes. It's nowhere near as fancy as I would like, but it's time-consuming work and I'm not experienced with spreadsheets at all, so it will have to do for now!

I have submitted it to the developer team member who provided me with the original dev version in order to make sure it's OK for me to publish it in its current form. I'll post it here if/when he gives me the OK.

The first spreadsheet is just for ship data. Missiles, lasers, and shields will follow next!

dctrjons
23-01-2013, 07:40 PM
NEeDs lazor COlors pew Pew

Was joking now I'm thinking to myself I'm going to do it....

Heteran Leticron
24-01-2013, 07:17 PM
so where is it? ;)

dctrjons
24-01-2013, 07:44 PM
In progress, I might get the cheats so I can get a looksie at them. I haven't encountered them all yet...nor do I have legal access...I guess I could go into hostile territory and have them "show" me their laser color...

Sam Redstone
25-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Well, I never heard back from KJ and it's been 3 days... I think I'll just let you guys have this and hope I don't get in any trouble, lol. (I think he removed all the top-secret stuff before he sent me the originals, anyway.)

Again, I'd like to stress that I did NOT create the spreadsheet... I just tweaked it a bit to remove a little clutter, fix an error or two, and make it a little easier to read. I would like to do a lot more work on it in the future, but for now, I don't see why you guys shouldn't have it.

If you find it useful, be sure to give KJ some thanks for the actual hard work - if you can find the blighter anywhere. ;)

Um, try this link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1-e56UWts-uaTRBMFg4RXZ0TTQ/edit

If you go to that link, you should see a "download" button. It's an Open Office file. (Open Office is free.)

I'll continue to work on making it look nicer, and maybe host a final version on TXU somewhere. Any suggestions for improving it are welcome!

Heteran Leticron
25-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Nice, well done, very good list, i like the AC and AF values, very helpful.

The only thing i notice right now is, that the Boreas is missing the AR values. And at some point we should also at least write in sidenotes when the ship actually has two U/D turrets and for that no L/R like the tepukei, or 2 L/R like the Levi.

But thats tiny stuff, unneccessary for me, as i already know it ;)

kempachi111
26-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Much appreciated Sam & KJ :D

Crellion22
29-01-2013, 06:52 AM
You, you, you. You, you, you, you. You, you!