PDA

View Full Version : Installation XTC installation doesn't work

Tritous
06-01-2013, 03:29 PM

what with hopping countries i've not had X3 installed for quite some years, waiting for XTC to come out. However, now it seems XTC isn't installing properly. The process I followed

Clean install through Steam
Copied the whole game folder to another folder to keep my XTC version separate from steam screwing things up. I plan to not use the normal steam installation folder even though I've disabled updates.
Started the game to confirm that it already has V3.2 and no updates are needed. All good so far
Installed XTC 2.0, pointing at my intended copy of the game. Installation completed, the files are in there, the scripts are in place, etc.
Started the game up. No XTC splash screens, no XTC custom universe start, and after checking the installation guide: the launcher still says X3tc V3.2
Came here manically depressed. Still stuck on this step

Any thoughts on what went wrong? No mods at all (not even the xchange guild portals), no additional scripts, completely clean, I may have even had a PC reinstall since I last played so likely a 100% clean registry too. at the very least steam has been completely removed before

Dillpickle
06-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Did you run a 'non steam' X3TC patch, so you get the non Steam exe? Only thing I can think of...

Tritous
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
no I didn't, I had thought about trying to install it directly onto the steam installation folder.

I'll look around for this patch

Edit (Mokonzi) -Merged two posts

looks like that did it. The assumption was that just because the game was V3.2 when it was installed it was ok. It has to be V3.2 non steam (i.e. do the update even though the numbers are the same).

cheers for the help