PDA

View Full Version : Gns: raid xenon sector readtext 7214-347

rekryt
07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
i just got this in the gns system!

stemardue
07-01-2013, 11:27 AM
hi, do you have installed any additional script or mod? Is that the first time you have that kind of issue? Any other details you can add would help to solve the problem, so please try to give some.

Readtext errors are in most cases the result of incompatible add-ons, but in some cases it may be a bug that just was keeping hidden and 'survived' our bug hunt...

rekryt
07-01-2013, 11:38 AM
i have no mod other that xtc installed,and it was installed on a totally new installation of tc; and its the first time that i saw that on the gns.

and in this other article of the gns, Yaki claims another victim, one of the word highlighted is null.

Scoob
09-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I had the same error, I posted about it here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23091-ReadText7214-347) some time back. Note: this was BEFORE I'd started installing any additional scripts. I do still get it, but rarely, so I assume it's a very specific raid type / sector being targetted or something as mostly these raid messages appear just fine.

Scoob.

K.J.
09-01-2013, 03:31 PM
it's a xtc bug, the page it want's to read doesn't exist. The yaki null is propably a script error somewhere.
Can you say in which sector you where when this happened (the xenon gns raid thing)?

King of the World
09-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I think those reports are quite better with a screenshot as an attachment. Could be helpful, anyway...

Scoob
09-01-2013, 04:51 PM
it's a xtc bug, the page it want's to read doesn't exist. The yaki null is propably a script error somewhere.
Can you say in which sector you where when this happened (the xenon gns raid thing)?

Sorry, haven't seen one in a while so & cannot remember where I was the last time it happened. I will be sure to make a note of it next time.

Scoob.

code99
10-01-2013, 11:37 AM
I too had something similar happening, some reports would have "null" values instead of actual sector names or other things that would go in that place. As for the "read text ....", never had that.

Solitas
10-01-2013, 12:03 PM
in some cases it may be a bug that just was keeping hidden and 'survived' our bug hunt... had the xenon Read text thingy too once in my game, I was in an Aldran sector, if I remember correctly....(it was either Aldrin or Bean)
During my first minutes of the game, I also encountered the somewhat faulty Yaki GNS report....there is a ``null`` that appears instead of a sector name or something where the assassination of the unfortunate trader took place....

paulfugger
04-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Boah! It happens nearly everywhere. All stronger and fastloading shields (Objects). All Ships over M6(M7--TL) in [not the shipyard]. Shield-Facotry are written with <invalid> \alpha.... The HQ'S in Aldrean-sectors: readtext... Some of flying ships above M6. I used a fresh clean german TC Version (3.2) before I install it. Should I reinstall it?

Loriel
04-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I used a fresh clean german TC Version (3.2) before I install it. Should I reinstall it?
Only works on the English version.

I think a fix was posted to convert German installations to English, but I haven't been able to find it again.

Possibly copying the various files in the t directory to pseudo-German ones (with 049 instead of 044 in the name) would work:
eg 7211-L044.xml -> 7211-L049.xml

Loriel

Spikebhaal
04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
paulfugger: Xtended 2.0 is an english mod thats the reason for your readtext errors dont know if there is a german translation for 2.0 out now only remember there was one for 1.2.

stemardue
04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Should I reinstall it?

Yes, in English...

ThanRo
04-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Possibly copying the various files in the t directory to pseudo-German ones (with 049 instead of 044 in the name) would work:
eg 7211-L044.xml -> 7211-L049.xml

That definitely wouldn't work unless you change also the language id in the t-file from 44 to 49.

If I remember correctly the english t-files are normally installed with the installation of X on the harddisk, so reinstallation isn't always necessary. First thing people should try to switch from german to english is to change the file "lang.dat" in the game directory. This file can be found at

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\" (Win 7 64)
"C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\" (Win 7 32)

In the file "lang.dat" is the language code for the X installation written. This code normally just has to be changed from 49 to 44.

Only thing is, there has to be started a new game. AFAIK ships and stations are named once at the creation, so there are many stations and ships with "<invalid>" or Readtext errors in the names even after switching from german to english. A new game start is the only solution for this.