PDA

View Full Version : [ships]- main weapons for capital ships

onicrom
31-05-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that this can be done, but then again I dont know anything about modding, soo...

Well here's my idea, I think that the "heavy" weapons such as PPCs, etc. should be changed into main weapons slots instead of on turrets. This would leave the Flak artillery and whatever kind of smaller weapons on the turrets.

I dont know, but it makes more sense to me to have forward pointing lasers. You could even leave the ST sized weapons on the turrets and add additional slots to the front. It also occured to me that there is no point in piloting an M1 or an M2 because you dont actually get to do anything in them. I know that this makes capital ships alot more like the frigates and corvets, but then again what is one ship class but a bigger more bad a** version of the previose one. Some ships, such as the Argon colossus and their m2 (I forgot the name), the Boron Shark, etc. look like they would have weapons mounted on the front but they dont.

Maybe there should be new weapon systems specifically designed for this new slot on the capital ship.

I'd like to know if you guys think that is too powerful or whatever.

Eliah
31-05-2007, 04:02 AM
Why? We basically have this setup with the Egosoft M6's, and you see that nearly nobody likes them just because they can't actually hit anything.
A cap ships turns even slower than M6, so It would only be able to hit a station, because when, say, Colossus has lined up vertically, Shark,, for example, has lined up in front of him horizontally, making 90 degree angle, andh aving engines at max speed, the shark will outrun the colossus' main weapon fire..

onicrom
31-05-2007, 04:16 AM
Well, good point.