PDA

View Full Version : [Missions/Ships] Wreck salvage

Xpress
14-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I was having another one of my thinks, and I came up with another Idea. When a ship explodes, Is it possible to spawn a wreck in it's place?
ThePirate buzzard explodes and leaves a 'Buzzard wreck'. You could then have a "Salvage Scanner' Script where you scan the wreck for useful components that weren't destroyed (Power conduits, Engine fuel flow managment valves, Reinforced alloy girders .ect) then have a Salvage drone upgrade that has a chance to pick up these items and put them into your cargo. Shipyards could buy these goods to recycle them into new ships, or you could use them in some sort of new BBS missions where you collect all the spare parts and take them to the junkyard and get new salvaged ships made with all kinds of cool combinations!?
Falcon with Xenon L Engines anyone?

CC and Discussion!

Draxis
14-06-2007, 09:55 PM
hmm, thats a good idea but i'm not sure about the implementation of it. How could you attach the salvaged parts? Make them equippable? that would mean adding entire new slots for engines.

What would one use power conduits for? Enhanced Energy generators?

I like it, but it seems a little difficult to create,

cheers

Xpress
14-06-2007, 10:11 PM
No, the parts aren't meant to be used on your ship at all, they are simply commodities, to be sold, or as a component in a mission to get special ships that are mashed together from parts of other ships.

Mapper484
14-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Wrecks would be nice, they could make the "create a wreck" script into the "damage when ship explodes"-script, so that it would make no performance difference.

@Draxis - your signature is too big. Please use a image from 500x150 pixels or smaller. :)

Draxis
14-06-2007, 10:27 PM
@mapper, check, i got it. I think this one'll work...

@X- that sounds cool, and you could sell the objects at equipment docks only, so then they could be classified as missiles and not equippable so no-one would be able to use or launch them and yet every equipment dock would buy them and not sell them, what about that?

Xpress
14-06-2007, 11:05 PM
No need for any of that, Just make them a commodity, Like ECells or Teladianium. And I was thinking fo scrapyards in a few sectors you could sell them to. Als, there could be varying sizes of salvage from different ships. A Nova might drop 'Damaged Nova Engine Nacelle' which is XL in size, so you would need a big ship, and perhaps even an Argon Colossus could drop a 'Capital Ship Chassis Remains' Which would fill up the smallest of TL's.

KaZuma
14-06-2007, 11:16 PM
commodities like ecells or missiles drifting in space in pods is enough for small ships.

Big ships on the other hand MUST have wrecks (at least temporary 30-min lifespan ones) and could contain stuff usable by a dedicated salvage ship (meaning little-no player interaction with the wreck itself and done via scripting).

This, coupled with LV's upcoming Race Response Fleets XTM edition will open up a whole new style of play, all by picking up scrap.

Xpress
14-06-2007, 11:22 PM
commodities like ecells or missiles drifting in space in pods is enough for small ships.

Big ships on the other hand MUST have wrecks (at least temporary 30-min lifespan ones) and could contain stuff usable by a dedicated salvage ship (meaning little-no player interaction with the wreck itself and done via scripting).

This, coupled with LV's upcoming Race Response Fleets XTM edition will open up a whole new style of play, all by picking up scrap.

I think that for small ships there should be only a small chance for there to be a wreck left over, as there's always a slim chance that the ship wasn't totally obliterated. In the case of very large ships, yes, there should definatley be wrecks.

Draxis
14-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I think fighter shouldn't have wrecks but m6-m7 should have a chance and TL-M0 should definitely have wrecks, but maybe destroyable ones, but how would one make it appear from an explosion?

Xpress
14-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Simple. In the 'Add Explosion' Script of the Dying dhip, you put in a line to spawn the specific Wreck.

KaZuma
15-06-2007, 12:02 AM
I seriously doubt there's an actual wreck for each big ship from XTM. XTM team has to add those in.

AFAIK, even normal X3's M1/M2s wreck rarely, if at all, since I havent seen wrecks for them.

Draxis
15-06-2007, 12:20 AM
we have another problem then, how does one cover up the APPEARANCE of the wreck? My idea was to have cap ships flash really brightly when destroyed and have the wreck appear during the blinding flash,

do you think that would work?

Legartius
15-06-2007, 12:26 AM
If the blast were big enough, and timed correctly, i don't see why not :)

Xpress
15-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Thats how its done in EvE! ^_^. Blinding flash, add in wreck model, blast fades, just the wreck left. As for smaller ships, they should add them so that people in small ships can salvage without the XTM guys having to make conditional scripts for only picking up small cargo and so on.

Draxis
15-06-2007, 01:35 AM
I've played EvE, what was the name of missile boat again?

Xpress
15-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I've played EvE, what was the name of missile boat again?

There's a whole lot of missile boats. Mostly used by the Caldari Race (Who love missiles). I'll assume you're talking about the Battleship though, in which case it's the Raven.

Cthonix
15-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Not to dissapoint you but there is already something out there that does exactly this http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=174661
Problem is its a mod so Ashley's fabs can't be used.

Version135b
15-06-2007, 05:30 PM
how about the option to tow a wreck back to HQ for a chance to salvage materials.. or maybe a chance to earn a partial blueprint. random range with a given spread.. like

10% of the total blueprint could be anywhere from 1-10 50-59 91-100 whatever

of course you'd have to have a chance to roll down to -9% as your low value and up to 109% as your high value.. else it might be very hard to get your 1% and 100% (anything rolled outside of range would give you the closest 10% in range)

i think that'd be fun :D

Draxis
17-06-2007, 01:48 AM
i don't know, but we'll see, though i did notice that stations do leave a wreck so a cap ships should too