Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Boron Patriarch      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default X3TC Systems Question

Well, I had these saves from a while back where I had a pretty good system up and running, 2 station hubs nice and sitting out there making me money (1 m/s 10x SETA while at school XD) and AFAIK the saves that I have are the same ones...although I'm afraid that they were lost on one of my flash drives, but I'm sure I've at least got the first station hub...right anyway, what I'm asking is, that second hub was in an XTM system, and since the XTM devs were, I believe, working on X3TC, will the XTM systems be there? That way I can use the X3-X3 save converter (if I can get it to work, but hell it's worth a try, last time I tried I got an error no matter what) to keep all my stuff, assuming it works with X3TC/the maker upgrades it to do so (Anyone know about whether the creator is going to?). I really hate having to fly out to the systems and re-set up the stations, which half the time don't rake in the same money, making e having to start AL OVER. I realy hat that, ANYWAY. Does anyone know? I really REALLY do not want to start over. (The main reason I want to know is should I re-download my 50-some-odd mods and continue playing or just wait for X3TC, which I cant buy til Oct 30 anyway >.<

Credits
      is trying to understand applied
      mechanics

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mapper484 - {SM}      £ 0.00

First: A Warm Welcome to TXU! And also Congrats for being our 6000th Member!

I think it would be possible to convert from X3 to XTM, if the Converter Scripts also works in X3::TC. If not, it will surley get updated. But I dont think that you can convert from XTM to X3::TC, since X3::TC also features ships, station and sectors that arent in XTM. Also their ships might be in other positions on the Datafiles, what makes an convert with the X3-->X3 Converter impossible.

But it is still better to start over in X3::TC, since there are 5 new Storylines to play and many secrets to unveil.

Click the star below here to give me some Reputation please

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Quote Originally Posted by Mapper484 View Post
      First: A Warm Welcome to TXU! And also Congrats for being our 6000th Member!

I think it would be possible to convert from X3 to XTM, if the Converter Scripts also works in X3::TC. If not, it will surley get updated. But I dont think that you can convert from XTM to X3::TC, since X3::TC also features ships, station and sectors that arent in XTM. Also their ships might be in other positions on the Datafiles, what makes an convert with the X3-->X3 Converter impossible.

But it is still better to start over in X3::TC, since there are 5 new Storylines to play and many secrets to unveil.
      Uh...Ok, well, I wish it were possible, then I have to fly around again, oh well, I'll work something out, but the X2->X3 converter works, which is why I wondered, since they're practically different engines (or are they completely? I'm not sure)
      I generally don't play the storylines, just establish an interstellar empire and play...well I conquer the universe essentially. Oh well, I'm relaly bad at setting up the mpire, but once I get it up and running...I don't have anything at all to play right now and this makes hte boredom even more intense :P

P.S. Yay for 6000th member, I actually have like 2 other accounts, but when I used password recovery it never actually sent the email...twice

Credits
      is is specializing in stuff

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Jeff      £ 0.00

And if you don't want to start with nothing you can just script/cheat in the money/ships/stations

edit: do'h you posted just before me xD but tip still applies I think

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
      And if you don't want to start with nothing you can just script/cheat in the money/ships/stations

edit: do'h you posted just before me xD but tip still applies I think
      The problem is, I found the economy in Kingdom end (Bofu or bogas factories, cant remember) is only the same about 1/5 times I play, plus I gotta find all those systems again >.< and the rep modding is...less precise than I would like

Credits
      is is specializing in stuff

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Jeff      £ 0.00

You're right about those. I actually like the fact the economy is different every time, it gives me something to do besides all the usual UT buying and Pirate smashing, analyzing the economy is fun

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
      You're right about those. I actually like the fact the economy is different every time, it gives me something to do besides all the usual UT buying and Pirate smashing, analyzing the economy is fun
      Aye, but I always like to have a stable (even if small) income source while I scout the economy, that's how I found KE's money oppurtunites, i mean they were seriously AWESOME (like awesome enough I never got past 70% capacity but twice, most of the time I had NONE, even with my undercuts it was ~4m a day). I hope I find something like that, I did the same with like a Quantam Tube Fab in some awesome sounding XTM system. I love it so much, but now im stuck waiting 19 days to even START my economy

Edit: Is X3TC standalone? because I got my X3 on disk, but I'm getting X3TC off of Steam, so I was wondering if it would still work...?

Edit Again: Yes I am aware that the Kingdom of Boron is a predomanately matriachal society, but I'm a guy, and one of my other accounts musta been Boron Monarch, which i like more but what the hell ill run wiht it (i used a lot of alias yahoo accts that ive forgotten so i cant recover em :P)

Last edited by Boron Patriarch; 13-10-2008 at 03:19 AM.

Elder Administrator Aragon Speed's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Aragon Speed Points for Reputation (Given)      £ 0.00
      Dazed and sore at the bottom of the ugly tree. YES I FELL!
      Blog Entries

Yes X3TC is stand alone.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Jey 16      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boron Patriarch View Post
      Uh...Ok, well, I wish it were possible, then I have to fly around again, oh well, I'll work something out, but the X2->X3 converter works, which is why I wondered, since they're practically different engines (or are they completely? I'm not sure)
      Yes they are but! all those information about your ships and station is exported by the converter into a textfile which can be imported with the import scripts into anoter X game.
      The importscript itself interprets those info and creates the objects that are defined in the the textfile.

So technically a XR to XTC converter is 100% possible

TXU info: Please use "reputation points system": so people can see who helps the most.
      TXU info: Bitte benutze das "TXU Ansehenssystem": , sodass man sehen kann, wer der Community hilft.

<< The XTended way of life >>

Credits
      is searching for time

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Xelonir - {JSM}      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Jey 16 View Post
      So technically a XR to XTC converter is 100% possible
      ... whereas an XTM to X3:TC converter would need a lot of work to create.