• Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Help request (Goner mission *SPOLIERS*)

Credits
      is a frakkin' Cylon

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Axeface      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Help request (Goner mission *SPOLIERS*)

Hey all,

I told myself I wouldnt play TC until plot and performance problems were resolved. But as per usual I couldn't help myself today.

spoiler: Im on the mission where you need to cap the Truelight Seeker. Now, Ive been doing this.... ALL.... DAY. I have 5 marines on my Vidar. I've spent the entire day training the marines and repeatedly trying to cap the damn ship (To the point where the next bit of training takes 1 realtime hour of 10% seta to complete.

The marines are failing on the last part of the cap, hacking.
      So Ive trained 2 of the Marines to 5 stars of hacking. Still no cap. The Truelight Seeker has the Firewall software.

As I said i've been doing this since 8 o'clock this morning. It's not fun. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I want to add that I LOVE the new capping system. Whoever worked in it great job. It adds a lot of immersion and I actually get upset if my favourite little teladi marine dies. Although the voice overs are wrong! ("Egg brothers" - 99% of Teladi are female)

Last edited by Axeface; 22-10-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Hoopler John      £ 0.00

First try I failed too, at the hacking stage. So I got some more marines and tried again, which worked.

You could try using a ts ship with your vidar? 10+5 marines might help.

visidan

Credits
      is a frakkin' Cylon

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Axeface      £ 0.00

You mean get some totally fresh ones? Ive just been training the 5 I have. Now they 5 stars in most things. Thought that would make it easier. I'll try just getting some fresh ones. Plus maybe another ship.

Its just odd. Surely theres supposed to be some kind of rush to this, after all your supposed to be chasing it. Should have made it possible without training. Why would the ship just sit there? :/

Edit 2b:

Sigh.

I tried everything and eventually did it. Funny thing is, I did it by sending ONLY 1 MARINE in.

:/ Its bugged. I sent my best hacker in alone and he did it, yet when I sent the whole team in (he was with them) they couldn't do it.

1 Very annoying thing is that the damn ship has kept him onboard and I cant get him back. Hope I can find a way. I spent about 10 realtime hours training him.

Last edited by 2Blackhawk; 23-10-2008 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Posts merged, please use EDIT Button

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Scoob      £ 0.00

Hi,

This mission was a total pain in the bum for me.

I killed off the protecting ships first so I could try my first Marine capture at my leisure. Remote bought a TP, loaded it with 10 Marines & jumped in in sector. Sat there ensuring the Truelight Seekers shields stayed low & commanded my TP to launch it's Marines. Going well so far.

Anyway, EVERY time they got to the cutting though the hull stage they reported soon after it was too hard & they gave up. Hmm, must need more training I thought. Trained them up in the appropriate skills & tried again. Fail. And again. Fail. Got some bloody well trained Marines now...Fail. Argh!

Basically after many many attempts they still report that they cannot get through the hull.

Got a bit bored at this stage so did a scan of the Truelight Seeker to see if it had any of these weird & wonderful defences on I'd read about in the manual. Hmm, what's this? No Pilot!?!? Damn! Jumped in my spacesuit & just claimed it in the normal way...DAMN!!

So, what happened? My Marines never even got through the hull...did I ever even need Marines? Was the ship already there for the claiming? Is that why my Marines constantly failed? Not got a clue!

Anyway, mission complete I guess *confused*

Cheers,

Scoob.