• Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X3TC Missions...(at least some) are rather well done...

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Erlkoenig      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default X3TC Missions...(at least some) are rather well done...

So, I set up my factories, and (yes i know that I shouldn't do this but I spend more time sleeping and away from my comp etc. etc.) SETAed while I was asleep (1m/s) (by the way it lags when I wake up/come back from school because due to the collision avoidance AI the freighters pile up on the gate, I normally come back to something like 125 freighters in all sitting on the gates) and I'm flying through a gate, and spoiler: I got a message saying that I was high ranked among my people and maybe I could help this guy (im boring boron [unlocked "creativley ,other than that totally legit]) (King's Knight, money & rep is so much easier in X3TC...) and blah blah some of his friends were lost in Xenon Core 023 looking for some artefacts, and they weren't supposed to be ther so they couldn't contact the government blah blah blah, I try to get there in my Skate, because I had never gone very far out of the main starter systems, and I die by random PX in some Split system after avoiding ten million patrols in the core systems...so today I get hte message, go to school (which added 5 days to my "in game" time, hopefully the no time limit on the missions means waiting doesn't actually effect it eh?) and so I finally make it there in my Hydra...and I don't know what the core systems looked like before but this scared the living hell outta me. It's a giant...well it's like a Dyson's Sphere...minus the sun on the inside (I'm inside of it) and...totally empty...but theres ship Debris (The Titan MkII debris, from X2) and a Xenon Hub...and for some reason a Kha'ak Cluster. Now I'm on the mission and I dont exactly know what to. I was flying at he hub but I didn't see a scan option so I thought better of it (seems smarter to not fly at something that could probably own me) and now I'm flying around...aimlessly...oh, and my Hydra's flashing the OMG I'M BEING SHOT flash with a little !, but I'm not, do ships just have aversion to Xenon Sectors? lol...and its playing the LIFE SUCKS AND EVERYTHINGS DEAD oppressive music...oh and by the way, the Xenon Hub looks kinda like GLaDOS doesn't it? I guess, the best way to describe it would be... I'm inside of a hollowed out Death Star being menace by the unfortnately named Co...Kha'ak, with a Xenon L and probably soon to follow Q's, a J and a K, and theres a big super-evil GLaDOS at the top missing the head appendage...perhaps I could be flying the FSM and menace them all with my Noodley Appendage (lol, look up Flying Spaghetti Monster if you don't get it.
      Oh, I just figured it out, I do believe that my previous notions were correct, that I've started the main storyline...or an important not-storyline... because I just figured out tha I am NOT Xenon Core 023, I'm in what is entirely a Xenon Hub (although teh scaffolding has overlay issues, looks like stuff is inside of it, it goes over shipand weapons graphics) and probably has to do with the Xenon Mothership Macjiggy... the only thing left In-Sector now is the Hub, I spose I should scan it...AND WHY IS THERE ADEAD TITAN MkII? wish me luck people who will not read this until I am done with it XD...or dead...oh right, forgot, because of (presumably) the Hardcoded 4-gate limit not all the gates are functional, now wheres that survey team...are the in Core 023 or here...guidance points to here when I go to 023 (lol missed the gate for like 10 minutes before realizing it was there) or...I guess the basis of my fears are that I'm afraid a giant scorpion hydra scary-ass thing is gonna pop out of the bottom and eat me...ridiculous...i know
      I figured out...its on a Sun...or connected to a station on a Sun

I guess the point was...up to this point I like the mission design, BTW, is it still impossible to cap M6 and up without boarding pods (I almost liked XTM better, what happened tot he MkI's and wheres my Heavy Hydra Model! I liked it better than the Krait...and wheres the Swordfish? which, btw, is best used as a sword to smack into fighters, and the weapons, I know theres a hardcoded limit into the engine but...thought there was some kind of cargo thing...nvm) But yea, largest thing I've had bail is a Pirate Gladiator duing a station defense mission. Repaired with my suit's laser (EGO'S BEST IDEA EVER) and sold for 3.5m, lolz.

Last edited by Erlkoenig; 30-10-2008 at 10:54 PM.
      Sanity is a Matter of Perspective.
      -Me
      Sager NP5792. 2.5GHz Penryn T9300/4GB RAM/XP SP2/Nvidia Geforce 8700M GT 512MB DDR3/200GB 7200RPM HDD...and some other important stuffzorz

Got X3TC off of Steam, Ego seems to have left out a bit though Overall it seems good though, vast improvement over Vanilla X3R

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Eliah      £ 0.00

spoiler:
      Well, if you have to scan a debris, have you tried to scan the Titan MkII? Other than that, it's possible due to your delays the mission borked up.

And it is the "Boron plot", one of the 5 major plotlines.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mephenor      £ 0.00

spoiler: As Eliah said you have to scan the Titan.
      Just fly very close to it.
      You should receive 5 Messages; then you will have to pick up the Boron.
      Just jump to his ship, he will jump out and you can "pick him up" (Cargo Life Support needed).
      Next you will have to jump back to the Hub-sector,
      after some time he will leave your ship and fly towards
      the hub and hack it, so it becomes green.
      In the German Egosoft Forum there is a big thread for this Mission,
      from which I got this information.
      Spoiler in the Spoiler:
      Now the boron will give you the mission to transport
      really huge amounts of wares to the HUB (e.g. 250000 Microchips)
      When you have finished this mission, about 1 Ingameday later
      you should get a message, which Starts the HQ-Missions.
      With this HUB in your hands you can relink gates for the cost of 10000 ECs per relink.

Sorry, if my English should be bad,
      it's my 1st big post in the English-Forums.

People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind. - William Butler Yeats

Credits
      is working on world domination

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

enenra - {SM}      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

My only correction to Mephenor's answer would be that you don't have to
      spoiler: deliver 250k Microchips but 500. I sent my freighters to every Chip Production in the universe and only got about 160 together. So this'll take a while. ^^

I don't play Real Life. The balancing sucks.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

*utters a sigh of relief!*

spoiler: was thinking, 250,000 microchips! no way! 500 is bad enough! Think I'm going to have to get a complex going for them!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Erlkoenig      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
      *utters a sigh of relief!*

spoiler: was thinking, 250,000 microchips! no way! 500 is bad enough! Think I'm going to have to get a complex going for them!
      spoiler: Yea...I need the 500 Microchips...I've got 25 XD

-Me
      Sager NP5792. 2.5GHz Penryn T9300/4GB RAM/XP SP2/Nvidia Geforce 8700M GT 512MB DDR3/200GB 7200RPM HDD...and some other important stuffzorz

Got X3TC off of Steam, Ego seems to have left out a bit though Overall it seems good though, vast improvement over Vanilla X3R

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mephenor      £ 0.00

spoiler: EarthZone who has done this Mission yet has listed the Ressources he needed:
      400 Microchips,
      500 Computer Components,
      450.000 Ore,
      450.000 Teladianium,
      500 Nividium,
      750.000 Crystals,
      15.000.000 Credits,
      400.000 Silicon Wafers
      and another 250.000 Microchips.

People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind. - William Butler Yeats

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Erlkoenig      £ 0.00

Must...not...read...spoilers! I'm trying not to spoil ANYTHING (I've spoiled wayy to many games in the past, or myself) so that I can fully enjoy X3TC...nothing quit so ridiculous as the chips though right?

Oh and kind of off topic (don't know if this should be in spoilers or not, so I'll put it in) spoiler: WHERE ARE THE KRAKEN AND HEAVY HYDRA, I've gone to like every boron system and the shipyards are (actually boron don't have their XTM shipyard [apparently none have in home sectors] anywhere, while everyone else does, and those sell their M7M and Heavy M6, is it part of the storyline? Are there a lot more Boron systems, [been to the groups with Hila's Joy, Great Trench, and Barren Shores, of course the Kingdom End systems as well but seriously, where are they>]) And if it's part of the storyline please just say if itis and not what part or why.

Last edited by Erlkoenig; 31-10-2008 at 11:18 AM.
      -Me

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Eliah      £ 0.00

On the rare Boron SY type, well, I certainly recall that the new sector group (bottom right of the universe) may have that certain thing.
      And it's hardly a spoiler at all, everyone knows by now that XTM's SYs are somewhere in the game and that those ships are for sale..

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Erlkoenig      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Eliah View Post
      On the rare Boron SY type, well, I certainly recall that the new sector group (bottom right of the universe) may have that certain thing.
      And it's hardly a spoiler at all, everyone knows by now that XTM's SYs are somewhere in the game and that those ships are for sale..
      Well that's just the thing, I've found everyone else's XTM SYs within a few sectors of their home, while all the Boron systems I've been to have none :P

-Me