• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Do you think X3TC is an improvement over X3R w/ XTM .7?

Voters
    44. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

27 61.36%
    • Meh, it's about the same

7 15.91%
    • No, not an Improvement

10 22.73%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of X3TC...

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Erlkoenig      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default What do you think of X3TC...

Well, I have a few things that annoyed me about X3TC, and I don't see why Ego changed them, so if they had a good reason, someone tell me please, I know that the XTM team worked on it..but...it's just, didn't turn out as I expected.
      1st: What happened to my utility frigates? They were cool, I mean, what was the reason for removing them? Did their mechanics not work properly? I liked em.
      2nd: Name changes, I liked the names, why'd they get changed? Hammerhead sounded so much cooler than Thresher.
      3rd: M0's...cmon! First of all, the old Valhalla model looked MUCH MUCH better, looked like a battleship, the new one doesn't look imposing. No Leviathan? No Paranid M0? I figured they'd put in an M0 for every race. It's improved in some areas, but...cmon...I liked XTM almost as much.
      4th: Model changes, I liked the old Carrack model, this new one doesn't look like they recovered a Titan MkII (which looks awesome, and I hope that if the XTM team makes XTM for X3TC [please don't make us start over tho, lol, it took me a while to get as far as I am] that they bring back the old models)
      5th: I figured we'd just keep XTM and add some stuff, but...it just isn't like what I thought it would be, don't get me wrong, I like it more than XTM (but only just barely)
      6th and Final: What gives with the sounds!! There are like 2 different firing sounds, and maybe 3 impact sounds, the PPC's don't sound deadly or anything anymore, they sound like HEPTS...and like everything else, what gives? I know about the weapons limit but I'm pretty sure its got nothing to do with the sounds...what gives? C'mon Ego, the game had so much potential...but...well...it wasn't filled out upon

(Fully aware of the stupidity of getting mad at ego in the XTM forums)

Sigh...well...XTM team...fix it please? lol, I like it for the most part, but I feel like...well because of like XTM .7 that...well, I feel like they just had you being some lackeys, in my opinion (unless you were, in which case, no offense meant) you shoulda been in charge of the entire project, eh?

Edit: DOH! It should be X3R w/ XTM .7 not XTM w/ XTM .7 in the poll

Last edited by Erlkoenig; 09-11-2008 at 03:18 PM.
      Sanity is a Matter of Perspective.
      -Me
      Sager NP5792. 2.5GHz Penryn T9300/4GB RAM/XP SP2/Nvidia Geforce 8700M GT 512MB DDR3/200GB 7200RPM HDD...and some other important stuffzorz

Got X3TC off of Steam, Ego seems to have left out a bit though Overall it seems good though, vast improvement over Vanilla X3R

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

would be nice to get a working X3:TC before making comparisons!!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Elder Administrator Aragon Speed's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Aragon Speed Points for Reputation (Given)      £ 0.00
      Dazed and sore at the bottom of the ugly tree. YES I FELL!
      Blog Entries

I voted yes. Mainly because we have a lot more scope to mod TC to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlkoenig View Post
      Sigh...well...XTM team...fix it please?
      http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/fo...play.php?f=142

Quote Originally Posted by Erlkoenig View Post
      Edit: DOH! It should be X3R w/ XTM .7 not XTM w/ XTM .7 in the poll
      Corrected the poll header for you.

Last edited by Aragon Speed; 12-11-2008 at 09:12 AM.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

I would say that X3:TC is a great improvement on X3:R (or will be once they sort all the bugs out)...

I will also venture to say that X3:TC XTM is likely to be a big improvement on X3:R XTM...

Voted yes, as I believe it will be...

Last edited by Quasar; 12-11-2008 at 10:23 AM.
      Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      is is specializing in stuff

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Jeff      £ 0.00

I voted for about the same, with mainly gameplay in the back of my head. I mean I really like the new menu system and all that, but when compared to XTM I'm still missing stuff like the utility frigates and the M0's. I never had an M0 in XTM, but I found it awesome to just fly closely to those giants.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ulfius      £ 0.00

Yeah, I like TC, but as you say, some things are a big letdown, esp. firing sounds.
      Although that said, X3 is what you make it, thanks to the modding tools available, and looking at the mechanics I can already see the potential in how awesome the new XTM:TC will become.

"but don't quote me on that." - Ulfius

Combat Mod 3

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I haven't played TC for a long time. I'm just at the beginning and i'm a bit disappointed.
      I don't know what Betty sounds like in english... but in the german version, i'm afraid, she sounds like she had taken some drugs.... E.g. if she tells you "Wir werden gescannt!" (We're scanned) she has a slightly hysterical timbre in her voice... as if she knows that the police will find some VSSDs (Virtual Spaceweed Storage Devce) in her home. There are several other situations when you think by yourself: "Man, this woman gets really paranoid!"

The second thing is the navigation in the improved toolbar..... It might be an improvement for those of us who use their mouse to click through the menues... but i'm used to the keyboard and that is a bit more complicated than in X3:R. More Oprions... for sure... but also more work. You always start with "My missions" .... and for the endgame you don't need missions. I don't need to track my missions when i'm planning to build a fleet or a complex. The toolbar is always visible with default settings, this gives you a kind of feeling like playing X3 in the Inernet Explorer, it just don't feel/looks right.

The third thing is the environment. A huge amount of a space game relies on the view you have. All those Asteroids, fabs and so on were more dense in X3:R. Some sectors in TC re disapointing. A bit dull, when you were used to some breath taking views like Memorial of Light. Also some models, like those of the new earth fighters seems to be incomplete. They have a very compact white shape, and suddenly there is a large black thingie sticking out of the front. The X3:R and XTM models are more in line with the race design. And the improvement on texture and shape of the old known models, like the Barracuda, are not impressive.

Over all, with all those new options, like wingman, trading, new missions, which are acceptable from a ship which can't dock and many more features, X3:TC is an improvement, yes. But when i look at some design decisions, concerning missions, ships and environment, i'm disappointed. I expected more and more detailed work on important parts of the game. And for heavens sake... please, devs of X3:TC... take away all drugs from your voice artists and make a new "Betty" for the german version

Credits
      is Very Busy

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

SSwamp_Trooper - {M}      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I like TC, but i don't seem to play games as much in the last year so just like with X3:R recently i got bored quickely.

One thing that kept me coming back to x3:R is modding and XTM (with custom starts).

I will play X3:TC when xtc comes out with custom starts, but for now i will just mod it

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Unserene      £ 0.00

Godammit, I just spawned the new Valhalla just see it. WTF? Who decided that was a good idea? Mox's version was perfect and now it looks like 5 year old designed it.
      Anyone in the XTM team who helped work on TC have an answer?

Elder Administrator Aragon Speed's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Aragon Speed Points for Reputation (Given)      £ 0.00
      Dazed and sore at the bottom of the ugly tree. YES I FELL!
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unserene View Post
      Godammit, I just spawned the new Valhalla just see it. WTF? Who decided that was a good idea? Mox's version was perfect and now it looks like 5 year old designed it.
      Anyone in the XTM team who helped work on TC have an answer?
      Nice to see you poking your head in Unserene.

We had already pushed and stamped our feet over a few things we wanted in the game, so out of diplomacy we shut up about that one.

Last edited by Aragon Speed; 13-11-2008 at 08:13 AM.