I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

NovaCatt Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Top of the Great Dividing Range, Queensland, Australia

Unhappy Not... Happy... Jan......

Hiya Peeps,

{Most Aussie's will recognize the reference above, but for our non Aussie members, here's a little background for the reference: It's a quote from a tv ad for the Yellow Pages telephone directory, basically the female boss's secretary forgot to put the company's ad in the phonebook & when the boss discovers the missing ad, she slides open her office window & screams out the above quote at the secretary who's busy running away.... }

Anywhoo, onto the reason for this post/thread....

I decided to play some TC this morning (my time) & decided to do the "Lost Boron" mission (the start of the Hub mission), anyway, flew up to either Xenon Sector 598 or 627 with a couple of pit stops along the way (bought a second hand freighter & did a passenger transport & a build station mission).... {I'm flying a Heavy Centaur btw}

Got into a major furball as soon as I got thru the gate from Grand Exchange as there was a Q or two, a K & a heap of fighters, decided to take out the K with a heap of hammerhead missile's & Hept fire, did that with out any major hassles (I have cheat mode activated... scream about it as much as you want, it's my game & I'll play it the way I want... ), decided to take on the Q's next, lobbed a shed load of hammerhead's at them with the odd one getting blown up as it left the tubes by the fighters attacking me which caused an M & an N to bail, lobbed a few more hammerhead's at the nearest Q which took down most of his shields, decided to go in on a frontal assault all guns blazing (holding down the "CRTL" aka fire button for all it's worth... ), shot the **** out of the Q taking down it's shields & eating into it's hull when the bloody thing just up's & bails on me, leaving behind a few shields, weapons still installed.... I also saw three (3) floaters/suits flying away from it & naturally being the kind hearted fellow that I am, proceeded to claim the bailed Q & the M (the N having been vaporised inna furball between me & some fighters, during my attempt to take out the Q, by a couple of my hammerheads getting blown up just after launch), {added equipment to them & jumped them down to Grand Exchange, sent the M to the trading station & the Q to the SY} decided to pick up the floaters as well, when lo & behold a P jumps in, "You beauty!!," I thought "your next..." started to let him have it with hammerhead's & Hept fire when next thing I know "The End" comes scrolling up on the screen... I got deadified by the P, how I don't really know....

Just to top things off, my last save was when I decided to take the "Build A Station" mission a few sector's before....

Cheers & Thranx

Last edited by NovaCatt; 18-12-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: changed Prefix from: Ships to Gameplay

Want to view some great screenshot's?
      -->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

Credits
      is is specializing in stuff

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Jeff      £ 0.00

aw man that sucks, bad! I think we all have experienced something similar to that sometime, though I can't really remember anything right now (I tend to forget bad experiences ). I did lose a few games due to scripts or other unexplainable lock ups Good luck with recapturing a Q and get that P next time

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

A Q did bail to you in your game??????

If this ever happen to me the sector with the bailed Q will become 20 sezuras later the safest in the my whole X-Verse Giving the "sector takeover" a new meaning

But i was already also stupid enough to continue playing after capping several Ryus and Akumas in a row. Lost 5 caps when the last Akuma decided to spawn right on top of my Cobra with 15 high trained marines

Mokonzi's slave.... :p NovaCatt's Avatar
      Credits
      is back to terrorize the forums
      once more... >:D

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

NovaCatt Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      £ 0.00
      Top of the Great Dividing Range, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Galder View Post
      A Q did bail to you in your game?????? **SNIP**
      Hiya Peeps,

@ Galder.......
      Hiya mate,
      Yeah, it's weird I know..... I was going all out to blow the sucker away & it goes & bails on me........

That was a rather unexpected suprise, because the K & another Q had gone pop previously, so I was rather expecting that one to do the same....

Let me clear something up here, I wasn't trying to capp ships, I was trying to kill them....

Cheers & Thranx

Want to view some great screenshot's?
      -->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by NovaCatt View Post
      Let me clear something up here, I wasn't trying to capp ships, I was trying to kill them....
      Isn't that so often the way!

Hard luck NC on the loss of your Q

I have noticed that although most Ps are fairly lame, the occassional one seems to have a real bite... been caught out myself a couple of times

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.