This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ooiittee      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Messages from Unknown???

Hey all,

Loving X3TC first X game, bought the X3 Reunion a few years back and returned it due to starforce great move to get away from that business model. anyway

I seem to have hit a bit of a snag in my empire, my message log is no longer posting information regarding my ships. All TS3 enabled, on sector trade (only) with up to 10 jumps, and Jumpdrives. All armed, shielded and droned to the teeth as I don't know which are being picked on to defend them so I hope they defend themselves. Any attack on my vessels seems to report an odd message

Messages have started to appear in my message log from "Unknown" with nothing in the body of the text and a date time stamp as normal. All other messages appear fine, destroyed sats, personal logs. I clear the logs each session.

I have looked about for a posting that gives me an answer and have only found more questions, an X3R post talked of it being a mod fixable issue. I have no mods on, but it is a Steam purchase if that matters.

Now my play style does tend on the extreme side of things, "Hi my name is Ooiittee and I am an addict", I have pretty much left my PC on running SETA in open space for around the last 4 days straight. It was during this time that I noticed these messages disappearing along with a few unreported ships (a-whole-nother post), but when your making millions while you sleep I can live with that.

Logs driving me nutz, so getting to the point where I give up, any help appreciated. Would hate to give up a great game over a silly bug

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ooiittee      £ 0.00

Well I found a fix, on the Egosoft.com forum

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=230746

it points out a problem with the use of square brackets [ ] in the name of your ships. This I am shocked to say seemed like a good idea at the time I needed a defined way to id my vessels but seems to have hamstrung me. Bugger.

Applying changes now and will update in the morning. Enjoy

1 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ooiittee      £ 0.00

Just an update, I have had no further messages from Unknown since removing [ ] from ship names.

Thanks all.

Last edited by Galder; 14-01-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Thread locked --galder--
      2 0 0