Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Hub Mission - The Crystals

750,000 CRYSTALS! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

So how did you do it? (without cheating...)...

For me it's several small complexes (or my pc will seize up!)... mostly it's find at least a few good Silicon asteroids, and build a complex of 2 x SSP XXL, 7 x Cattle Ranch, 7 x Cahoona, 17 x Crystals... rinse and repeat several times...

biggest problem now is I have too many sectors where I can't practically go AND I used most of the best Silicon Asteroids, and Silicon is next!!

so... how did you get around the problem?

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Hi Quasar... wait for the next steps

There are 2 ways to do this in an acceptable amount of time.

First, you can follow the way of ES anf their forums and build a mega complex somewhere. Be sure to leave enough space for the upcoming steps Just place 20-30 fabs in a self sufficient complex and let them do their work. You end up with a ruined sector which is a no-fly zone, because of the amount of fabs and a complex which is able to build up a monopol for everything you produce in the whole universe. If you ask me, that's nothing i want to have in my universe. Diversity for the win

Second, you can get the hub to work. Assign 3-5 superfreighters as CAGs (or the double amount for the bestbuy/bestsell version) to the hub and connect the gates between race sectors. Ghinns and Hilas Joy is a good place, if you connect also Family Rhy and the bordering boron sector (don't know the name right now). Just as an example...
      The Split will get opportunities to transport Rastar Oil from Family Zyarth and bordering sectors easily to Family Rhy, the Borons get better patrols, and the sectors around Blue Snout become safer.
      Put a sample of every single lvl 1 food (Chelt, Argnu etc.) in the Hub and a sample of every lvl 2 food (BoFu, Cahoonas, etc.) Put 20 million credits in and send your CAGs to work, with a predefined jumprange of 50. This is earning big cash... and you need that cash to get your CAGs buying all needed ressources. This may take some time, but the universe has enough stations to build that amount. Crystals are nowhere needed... even SPPs don't need them, they are just sold as a secondary ressource.... so you won't spoil the economy. The same goes for Teladianium, Quantum Tubes, Microchips and Computer Components.
      Just set the price high enough, that it exceeds the secondary ressource price (1801 credits for crystals, so set your hub to 1802 credits or higher) and let your CAGs buy them also. In the next step, adjust the crystal price and raise the needed ressource. Trading silicon is also a good idea, but it eats up enough cargo space... so it may be wise to buy and sell them from a silicon mine with the same method. Same goes for ore.

With the hub as trading station, you simply occupy/camp every crystal fab in your universe. Of course, there aren't 100 of them, which is suggested to build So it takes a time... but in the meantime, you can use the sheer amount of cash to buy yourself everything you ever dreamed of Put in some sector patrols in Getsu Fune, around Family Zyarth and Thynn's Abyss. (Don't touch Black Hole Sun, that's a death trap for every Boreas)
      But you can do this with no cheating, no complex, no additional scripts (although i highly recommend lucikes CAGs), no dead sector... and so on.

Last edited by Galder; 06-02-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thanks Galder... I'm not concerned about the Silicon or Microchips, as I already have lots of Silicon Mines, and a large Complex producing Microchips...

thanks for the great idea with the food factories... I will try that!

750,000 Crystals at ave price comes to just under 1.4 Giga credits, so it's good to have an extra money spinner!

LOL I've already taken a heavy toll in Q Patrols... they are so easy in a Diemos... and no, I don't use my Boreas, I almost never need it, I can cope with anything except for multiple Kha'ak Capitals with the Diemos... M2s are rather redundant in TC, as overkill, can't understand why folks want M0s, but then, I guess they always did want insanely strong personal game breaking ships, but I've never understood why... once you get them, it's game over, as there is no longer a threat... think I might go back to the Skiron too, that and the Diemos are two very fine ships!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

TXU Full Member Carlo the Curious's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Carlo the Curious      £ 0.00

At least it's not 250,000 microchips any more .

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

KaZuma      £ 0.00

This is the kind of tactic a game dev would take to "inflate" gameplay time. As I've said before, normally this would work in an MMO, wherein tenure is money for the game devs. For a single-player game, its totally unneeded, and utterly stupid.

Almost cheating, actually. I almost-cheated my way through it myself to keep it fair.

KaZ-Tech Industries
      We create solutions, quick!

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quote Originally Posted by KaZuma View Post
      This is the kind of tactic a game dev would take to "inflate" gameplay time. As I've said before, normally this would work in an MMO, wherein tenure is money for the game devs. For a single-player game, its totally unneeded, and utterly stupid.

Almost cheating, actually. I almost-cheated my way through it myself to keep it fair.
      the feedback from most players from ALL the previous X games has been more missions, and more difficult ones that last longer into the game... yet when they do it folks complain... just goes to show they can't win...

as one that urged more in the past, I think it is so much better the way it's been done in TC... but perhaps the Crystals could have been, say, 350,000 with, perhaps, another 350,000 computer components to follow... as 750,000 of one product is rather boring... and I wonder why the Silicon wasn't BEFORE the Crystals!

BUT, thank you devs for listening to us and producing an excellent game!

imho the X Universe games are improving game by game, I just hope they don't stop them and try something else!

Last edited by Quasar; 10-02-2009 at 01:46 PM.