Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

adal8or      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Khaak mega attack?

I heard there was a lack of capital ships in the game/a lack of use and staging areas for capital ships and I was thinking combat here could mainly be fighter vs. fighter. This left me feeling a bit disappointed since I was used to building huge fleets and going to khaak sectors from X3:R with XTM installed. But i decided to give the Terran storyline a spin..
      I was heading back from the pirate base scanning thingy through PTNI HQ and i noticed a station's box was flashing red and blue.
      I targeted it and it was losing shields fairly fast...
      I was seeing yellow/purple beams which looked to be Kyon emitters but it could have been PACs or HEPTs looking funny from a distance.
      I got closer and saw a swarm of what looked to be small fighters on the interface, targeted one and khaak scout.
      I cacked my kegs O_O.
      I got closer and saw a khaak destroyer.. I pulled up the sector map and lo behold..
      3 Khaak destroyers
      3 or 4 Khaak fighters
      Loads of Khaak scouts
      The station soon got destroyed and they moved on to nearby traders and an Albatross and yet more stations..
      Then they attacked me so i had to run.(They even chased me behind the south gate :/)
      Wow, 3 khaak destroyers.
      I noticed how the Teladi didn't really pull any military together to defend themselves and how even though they were so close to the NMMC HQ none of them seemed to attack it.
      Is it coded into the AI not to attack AI HQ's?
      Thanks, adal8or.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

oldmartian      £ 0.00

there are plenty of capital ships and places to assemble fleets, I put my PHQ in Contorted Dominion, it's relatively quiet there, put a few stations in Moo-Kyes Revenge, ended up putting loads of Laser towers and Large Orbital Weapons Platforms (Mod Game) there to protect them, and go back every few hours or less and deal with Pirates and Kaack, have a Mammoth almost filled with weapons and supplies left over from the attacks, and I have never see the NPC Shipyards ot trading Stations get destroyed, but everything else is fair game, and have seen load of sector warships engage and destroy/get destroyed

Credits
      is trying to understand applied
      mechanics

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mapper484 - {SM}      £ 0.00

When there are no capships in the sector when the Khaak start to invade, there wont be others to come. Also the Teladi arent known to have the fastest and strongest caps, so it might be that they have already been destroyed.

I dont know about the NPC Corp HQs though, but it seems that they either get attacked last or dont get attacked at all.

Click the star below here to give me some Reputation please

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Legartius      £ 0.00

There are now a few mods around which can make the universe a bit more realistic in the way it reacts to things like this. The first is Race Patrols, which is also quite effective as a performance enhancer. Basically, it reduces the amount of ships around, instead allowing these patrols to call for aid. The help which comes is in stages, starting with low level M6s, to large fleets of M2s and M1s, with all the trimmings!

There is also the Race Response Fleets, which performs a similar role, but is expanding slowly and varies in some ways. Check out the thread for more details.

Finally, there's Conflicts, which triggers full scale wars between the races. It's very much a work in progress, so I suggest your read the whole thread, and ask questions on anything you don't get!

Hope this helps!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

oldmartian      £ 0.00

I have been looking at Conflicts for a while now, for now I am learning how to control TC, so that I am ablle to enjoy all out war

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

adal8or      £ 0.00

Thanks Legartius.
      I already have that TC combat mod and a few other things, so now gunfire looks really cool.
      Also something i wanted to post yesterday but my internet conenction went offline :/.

Seems I heard the wrong things then.
      I'm pretty peeved that the storyline is giving these tiny payouts for something that probably nearly gave me a wrist tendon injury thingy.
      New controls are terrible but the classic mode doesn't have same controls as X3:R :/.

And how come they keep giving you these unarmed m5's? I sold the rapier you get at the start and now I've got a discoverer and haven't got around to selling it yet.

It would be cool if the NPC HQ's were to get destroyed by a Khaak attack but disappointing if it is coded into AI not to destroy NPC HQ's :/.
      They could just put loads of laser towers and cap ships around the HQ rather than cheating.

Are Egosoft/Deepsilver still carrying on with the space sim genre just with a different game series?

Thanks, adal8or.(Sorry about text wall thingies will sort that eventually.. maybe)(EDIT: This look better? O_O)

Anyways I will try this out. I haven't been on a serious trading game so far, I could do next week.. Now I'm just after carrying on with storyline and doing some combat missions till i can get a Scimitar or Cutlass :P.

I had a bash at bankrupt assassin(lol this start hasn't changed much.)
      And i took out a few ships in the hope of capping in Hatvikah's faith then noticed a large amount of red triangles.. in a pirate sector O_O.
      Then i read the names as they headed straight for me.. "Pirate bounty hunter"

I guess the pirate brothership thing ain't strongly enforced eh?

EDIT: Which race patrol should i get for the features you mentioned? Thanks, adal8or.

Last edited by adal8or; 09-02-2009 at 05:20 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adal8or View Post

EDIT: Which race patrol should i get for the features you mentioned? Thanks, adal8or.
      get the race patrol one =p the rapid response thing is buggy and sometimes makes you crash when they decide to show up in the same system your in