Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

killzon3d      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Capping a Q... impossible.

I've tried for hours to cap this single Xenon Q. I have a Hyperion Vanguard and a Minotaur w/ 2 boarding pods and 10 3-4 star marines in specific job fields. The marines get through the hull no problem, takes only a few seconds, but they get wiped out fighting in the ship. I'm wondering wtf is going on? There are no marines on the Q to resist, my marines all have 2 stars in fighting and there are frggn 10 of them on the ship..!! Can anyone help me? What else do i need to do? I couldnt imagine what kind of **** you need to cap a m2.... jeez...

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

oldmartian      £ 0.00

I tried for over 8 hours to cap a K, as soon as my marines got to the 4th deck they were killed, maybe a game bug

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Train them to 5 stars marines in every skill, including combat. 3-4 star marines are no match for a Q or even a PX.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

oldmartian      £ 0.00

I had used 10, 5 star, cross trained and experienced, had done 5 caps at least, as soon as I heard we are entering the 4th deck, Betty come up and said that your marines have been killed

Last edited by oldmartian; 08-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Eminent XTC Tester - With Honors. Sam Redstone's Avatar
      Credits
      is "testing" XTC.
      Really.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Sam Redstone      £ 0.00

WARNING: Role-playing talk incoming...

I don't know if this will help to ease your frustration, but this is how I see it.... while it's true that there are no marines on board a Xenon ship, you have to remember what the Xenon actually ARE. They are not space ships. They are machines. Merciless, emotionless killing machines. They have been re-engineered and improved for centuries for the sole purpose of exterminating biological life. Would YOU like to be a marine assigned to climb inside a machine like that?? I realize I'm using my imagination here, but maybe one of the reasons Egosoft made it so difficult to capture a Xenon ship is that once your marines are on board, they have to deal with the ship itself trying to kill them! I'm picturing things like blades coming out of the walls, airlocks opening, all kinds of lasers, cutting torches, maybe even venting the engines through the inside of the ship! On top of all that, there are no hallways or really any rooms of any kind on the Xenon ships, since they were never designed to be operated by living beings. So your marines aren't walking down hallways, looking for threats... they're actually crawling through tiny maintenance spaces between pipes and bulkheads, cutting through thousands of wires blocking their path... it would literally be like trying to crawl through a giant computer. Look inside your PC to get an idea... imagine a G.I. Joe action figure having to crawl through 30 PCs in a row to get to the CPU... with the whole thing actively trying to burn / chop / electrocute him the entire time!

It's no wonder to me that marines die in there. I don't know about you, but they couldn't pay me enough to board one of those things...!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

*Galder looks at his DVD slot in his PC* Man, now i know why those Boron marines are so good... anything with a backbone wont fit through this DVD slot ....

@ oldmartian:
      10 Marines? Against a K??? And they are only crosstrained? That means they just have 1 skill at 5*? What's their combat skill? Is it also 5*? If not, just forget about your K. My best try on a K was with 5* marines... and i mean in every damn skill, including combat. I started with 20 marines and they managed to cap it. 5 Marines lost their life.... it took me more than 14 ingame days to train them, and i got in return the one of the worst M2 in the whole universe.

The weapon selection is a nightmare, the shape is worse than the shape of an Odysseus. The (energy/shield) stats are only medium and the absolutely worst thing... 5K storage volume I thought twice, reloaded a previous savegame, took my Ray and destroyed it. The only M2's which are below the performance of a K are the Python and the Phoenix. Just forget about the K, it's worthless. Buy yourself a Shrike or a Tiger, you'll have more fun

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

oldmartian      £ 0.00

they were all trained to 3 stars combet and then either mechanical or hacking thanks for the tip, maybe I'll train a batch 5 star combat, can I train them to 5 star combat and then cross train them, maybe I'll get the Shrike

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

you will lose less and be able to cap more difficult ships if they are 5 stars across all skills...

my recommendation would be to leave Xenon ships until you have fully trained marines (i.e. 5 star in all 4 skills)...

it may take ages, and cost a lot, but marines are a good investment longterm... and the sooner you get into their training, the sooner they will be ready!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Draxis      £ 0.00

and it doesn't matter if they have 5 stars in everything if they can't fight!

M. Von Draxis, Professional Privateer - Bringing Class to Piracy Since X2: The Threat

My guides for mercenaries, pirates and privateers:
      The Professional Privateer: A Guide for the Discerning Pirate
      The Pirate's Hand Book