Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

crapshot      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Good stations and how many you can have in the universe

Alright guys i never got the hang of building stations and complexes at the minute ive only got a small space fuel complex in elanas fortune (1 med space fuel, 1 large space fuel, 1 medium wheat far 1 lar wheat farm, 1 med solar) and a simular weed complex in siezewell. Can any one give me some ideas of what stations give alot of cash and where and also how many i can have in certain areas ?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

You don't have to build big complexes in TC. Build 3-4 space weed and -fuel stations for a steady income, get the hub plot and assign the first gates to a suitable sector. Than add soja husk, soja beans, nostrop oil, sun flowers, cahoonas, argnu beef, BoGas, BoFu, chelt and rastar oil as wares to the hub and assign 3-5 superfreighters with a jumprange of 50 to it. They should use the CAG script, this reduces the amount of freighters you have to use.

After that, you won't have to worry about money anymore You can even do the boron hub plot with them... without building complexes, it will take a bit longer, but you won't end up with spoiled sectors or even no-fly zones

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Legartius      £ 0.00

As for numbers, the sky, or rather, your framerate, is the limit As for where to put them, just look for holes in the market which you can fill. Several sectors out of e-cells? SPP! Factories running low and plenty of empty asteroids? Mines! Also, make sure you get the CAG script, it'll be over on the ES forums

Edit: Saved you the trouble, here's that CAG script

Last edited by Legartius; 18-02-2009 at 02:19 AM.

TXU Full Member Carlo the Curious's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Carlo the Curious      £ 0.00

Be careful with building illegal factories in race space (e.g. space fuel in Argon sectors) - if the police/military notice them, they'll destroy them.

Eminent XTC Tester - With Honors. Sam Redstone's Avatar
      Credits
      is "testing" XTC.
      Really.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Sam Redstone      £ 0.00

Well, for what it's worth, I personally take a different approach to building factories. I'm basically a military/industrial supplier. All of my factory complexes are "closed loops," meaning they supply all of their own resources. They cost nothing to operate, although they did cost quite a lot to build. All of the items they produce are items which (A) are useful to me for equipping my own ships, and (B) can be sold to Equipment Docks when I have enough for my own needs.

For example, I have an Argon loop in Antigone Memorial (which is a very secure sector and has never been attacked, ever) producing 2 GJ shields, 200 MJ shields, PPCs, PRGs, Flails, Hammers, and I can't remember what else. I have freighters permanently docked for the purpose of storing what it produces. When I have enough stockpiled for my own needs, I simply assign a fast ship to do a "manual trade run" (which requires the Trading System Extension) and carry that item to an EQ Dock.

In case you didn't know already, all weapons, shields, and missiles can be sold in unlimited quantity to any equipment dock which does NOT normally stock those items. For example, the Boron EQ Dock does not sell Phased Repeater Guns... so I can sell an unlimited quantity of PRGs to that dock. You get the average price for each item this way, but you always have a buyer. Don't use freighters to carry these kinds of items... just a cheap, fast fighter that can carry 3 or 4 at a time.

These complexes can easily make over a million credits per hour, depending on how many factories you have. That's assuming you sell what they produce... but I'm actually kind of a pack-rat... I have enough guns, missiles and shields stored in freighters to equip several fleets. I actually make my money with station-building missions, but when Egosoft reduces those payouts in the next patch, I'll probably be relying on my factories to make my money again.

I would strongly suggest using the online complex calculator to plan your factories so that you make sure you're providing enough of each resource. Here is a link to my Teladi complex, which I placed in Mines of Fortune. It has a total of 18 tech factories producing a variety of weapons, ammo, and missiles, all of which would be worth 3.4 million credits per hour if I sold them to the EQ Docks nearby. Of course, the whole thing cost around 270 million credits to build, but hey. It takes money to make money!

Or you could stick to the suggestions made by the other folks, and be perfectly happy (and make plenty of money) with smaller complexes. I just prefer the big, self-sustaining loops so I never have to worry about a factory running out of resources and flashing orange. I hate that. I also only make things I can sell to the EQ docks so that I don't have to get all caught up in the "supply and demand" thing. (Although some people enjoy that aspect of the game.)

Happy building!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

crapshot      £ 0.00

thanks alot for the info guys and i might make that big mega complex you was on about sam sounds good and yeah ive just had the problem with the dam authorities screwing me that space fuel factory i was on about earlier is no more the feds blew it up i turned up in my heavy dragon and battered the **** that did it (argon cerberus) but then he played unfair and brought his mates in and by the way what exactly does this CAG script do ive seen it every where must get up to date on it many thanks again great info