• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Trading is really boring me and I don't like to cheat.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

adal8or      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Trading is really boring me and I don't like to cheat.

I've been trading for over a day and several hours in game time now and it is now absolutely boring me out of mind..
      I've got a starting freighter, jumpdrive and almost 400k creds and some guide was telling me I could make millions from hi tech wares but it doesn't work .
      How do you guys do this?
      Also have you noticed how much cheating apricot slice seems to allow in his game? I got the mod and the Argon patriot start gives you a fleet including an M7 with no-energy-consuming-take-down-almost-any-ship-in-one-shot-literally-PBE-20GJ-shield-super-engine-super-ship
      If I even so much as give myself a 200k kick start in the game I feel that its boring the whole way through because I cheated.
      Any tips?
      Thanks, adal8or.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

K-64      £ 0.00

kill Pirates/Xenon/Kha'ak, the pay isn't all that good though still fun though, and when they ditch their ships that's a nice bonus

Credits
      is is specializing in stuff

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Jeff      £ 0.00

Doing missions can also give you some quick cash (faster then normal trading at least). Especially fighting missions can have big rewards as your fight rank gets higher.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

adal8or      £ 0.00

I have done combat, just wondering how people manage trading O_O.
      I've never had a huge empire of factories with a fleet of cap ships and fighters before but would it be possible to build an empire like that almost completely of capping ships and doing missions and the like?
      Thanks,adal8or.

Credits
      is Very Busy

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

SSwamp_Trooper - {M}      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adal8or View Post
      I've never had a huge empire of factories with a fleet of cap ships and fighters before but would it be possible to build an empire like that almost completely of capping ships and doing missions and the like?
      Thanks,adal8or.
      Maybe not, but you would be able to get a UT first then you start building you empire

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adal8or View Post
      Thanks,adal8or.
      an empire of your own...is NOT as fun as it sounds =p
      if your playing vanilla TC..yes it would be entirely possible as the enemies are laughably easy (use the weakest weapons of your favorite race (except the terrans) and kill your opponent very very slowly(dont jus target and go pew pew pew...jus press the button and wait a few seconds between bursts) to scare him outta the ship, this seems to work 80% of the time)
      and every mission except the retrieve ship missions are very worth while for cash generation / a lil excitement / notoriety increase =p

happy...ummm...trading? lol =3

Eminent XTC Tester - With Honors. Sam Redstone's Avatar
      Credits
      is "testing" XTC.
      Really.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Sam Redstone      £ 0.00

adal8or,

Manual trading (also called "space trucking") can be fun. There's actually a little thrill in finding a really good price, especially when other freighters are racing to beat you to the station! (I wish I had known about the Docking Computer back when I was doing manual trading... it would have helped me out on a couple of occasions when an AI freighter just barely managed to dock right before me!)

BUT manual trading is NOT the way to make gobs of money in TC. I have now made more money than my player account will hold (which is limited to 2 billion credits) and have started stuffing it in my complexes. I have a "rainy day fund" of a billion credits in the Hub. I have never cheated or used any kind of script or mod, either... playing 100% pure vanilla.

So how did I get such obscene wealth? Well.... manual trading and doing occasional missions until I had enough to build one or two small factory complexes, and I let those run on SETA for a few nights until I had more than enough to buy my own TL. After that, I've really made almost all of my money on station-building missions. I tried using UTs, but they always stopped and sent me a message saying they needed help. No, I hired THEM to help ME, not the other way around!! So I don't use them.

Listen.... Egosoft is going to REDUCE the payouts for station-building missions SOON (in the 2.0 patch). So if you want to make gobs of money, start doing those missions NOW! I think you have until the end of this month until the patch is out. (Of course, you don't have to install it until you're ready, but I'm dying to build some Terran complexes, so I'll be installing it as soon as it's out!)

The amount of money you receive from build missions depends partly on your Trade Rank, though, and you'll need to raise that by trading. My rank is Master Broker, and I've been offered nearly 200 million (once!) for a single build mission. Most of them are over 30 million... in fact, I don't accept them if they're less than that. Getting 100 million is pretty common. When you have your own TL (or 5 of them, hehe) it's the easiest thing in the world to simply order it to "Jump and fly to station...", wait for it to dock at a shipyard, order it to buy the station and then jump to your target sector. You have to be in that sector to actually place the factory, but other than that, there is NO work required. Billions will soon be yours, and you'll be like me.... looking for places to stuff it all!!

Good luck with the profitsssss my friend!

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

The X Universe games are good because you DON'T HAVE TO do the same thing for a long time!

I do some fighting missions, then some station building ones, then I might build a complex, then do something else... there is no reason to get bored doing the same things!

In 2.0, I have heard that it is true that station building missions are to be nerfed, BUT, I have also heard that UTs have been debugged too, so it's a swings and roundabouts situation.

As for Terran Complexes, I suspect the stations are too big to make proper complexes... for any reasonable complex you'd need at least a couple of huge sectors!

Cheating ruins the game as far as I am concerned, so I don't even use SETA except occassionally for getting to the other side of a sector (and when I'm testing)...

Last edited by Quasar; 03-03-2009 at 12:59 PM.
      Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

adal8or      £ 0.00

Thanks guys.
      Lol I'm annoyed i started a decent game in X3:R with XTM on now, you can't get the station building missions there.
      But you can still do money spinners that can turn 10 mill into 120 mill.
      Trouble is money spinners are almost like cheats.
      I kind of made almost 10 mill doing combat in reunion with XTM and then i spent about 4 mill getting and kitting out a caiman super freighter
      Thanks, adal8or.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Hi Adal8or

reading your posts I guess this one might look like a cheat to you, but it's nothing you couldn't do without scripts by yourself, so... here you go:

1- find some nividium asteroid (not in xenon or khaak space hehe), fire a hornet at it and leave a moble miner working on that (there is a little trick that will set a miner to only collect that kind of mineral for you, using 'collect minerals' from Egosoft bonus pack). When full, transfer the cargo to a cheap freighter and sell it at one of your highest reputation race shipyard. A full basic mercury bought for 199some k credits will give you around 6 6.5 millions... of course collecting time is long, so that balances a bit the 'trick'.

This one is less cheaty and more challenging:

2- as already pointed out above, the right targets can give you good benefits. XI missions are a goldmine if you can destroy Xenon capships yourself (easy with Bala Gi rewarded Hyperion, to mention one possibility), since each capship you blow up will add roughly 5 M to your final reward and about 100K for each M3 (L and LX). But also a run to their sectors can give you some satisfaction... if you are lucky as I once have been (in vanilla X3R), you can mop up 20 M worth weaponry from a K or a J... I've heard that Qs are way harder to take down, but those can be spotted even in patrols outside Xenon sectors... so once beaten you don't have to worry too much during the collecting phase.

3- last one for now: for quick manual trading runs yielding decent cash - good when struggling to get those first millions - move PACs and PPCs from forges to docks (an always-buying dockyard is the terracorp in home of light). You need some money to buy the stocks but then you can count on 1-2 millions profit per run. IREs are good at the beginning as well.

Happy hunting/mining/trading!

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.