I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

NetSkay      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Vidar & Claymore Ship

Hi ^^

It's me again!

So guys I rolled the main story and I got 2 ships (well the only one worth mentioning anyway), now there are some issues.

What is Claymore good for? It has 2 turrets and that's about it (it keeps saying that it's a bomber, so I guess it's only useful for launching torpedoes?)

Second, the Vidar ship, it has 14 weapons bays, but I can only use 12 of them, it keeps removing two of them from the torrent bay, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by NetSkay View Post
      Hi ^^

It's me again!
      Hi... and I answer you again

What is Claymore good for? It has 2 turrets and that's about it (it keeps saying that it's a bomber, so I guess it's only useful for launching torpedoes?)
      I sell the Claymore. It can only use one type of missiles, has a little cargo bay and can use one weapon in one of its turrets.

And terran missiles are difficult to get. The terran economy isn't finished and therefor the facilities produce no or only few missiles.

And after some ingame days GOD destructure these facilities because it produce nothing. And if there no facilities than is the only way to get this missiles attacking the terran...

Second, the Vidar ship, it has 14 weapons bays, but I can only use 12 of them, it keeps removing two of them from the torrent bay, am I doing something wrong?
      That is odd..

My Vidar uses all 14 weapons

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

HappyPenguin      £ 0.00

Hi ^^

Thanks!
      It should be some turret scripts still running on your Vidar (AEGIS?). It happens to me several times on some newly captured ships even in X3:R. Try to reset the turret commands to none and then it should be OK.

Last edited by HappyPenguin; 13-03-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

I sold the Claymore almost immediately... then I sold the Vidar later as I preferred the Skiron, which I'd had for a good while. Credits were more important than unique ships at the time!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

HappyPenguin      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
      I sold the Claymore almost immediately... then I sold the Vidar later as I preferred the Skiron, which I'd had for a good while. Credits were more important than unique ships at the time!
      What a money hunger !

Using Vidar, it costs only couple of hours to earn the same amount of money in station protection missions Each killing of a enemy M6 gives me 670K..., takes 10 seconds to kill using Vidar

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Badman76 - {M} Points for Thread Ratings Received      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Smile

The M8 class ships are just rocket launchers with attached thrusters. They are cheap (in relation to the M7M missile fregattes) and can easily destroy most enemy capital vessels but as the missiles are very expensive (about 20 k each) they are not a ship for a quiet poor noobie. Because of their size they can not dock at any carrier or dodge incoming enemy fire. That makes them even less useful. This vessel can be bought at a terran shipyard any time later if you want one. So you might want to sell it as Quasar recommended.

Second, the Vidar ship, it has 14 weapons bays, but I can only use 12 of them, it keeps removing two of them from the torrent bay, am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
      What command do you use for your turret? As HappyPenguin asked, you have to tell what scripts you are using currently. If you don't use any scripts, set turrets commands and ships command to <none>. Then reinstall the weapons and set new turret command. This worked for me in XTM when my captured Xenon fregattes won't listen to their new master - me.

B76

Last edited by Badman76; 13-03-2009 at 02:09 PM.

I have no words, ... my voice is in my sword! (W.S. "MacBeth")

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quote Originally Posted by HappyPenguin View Post
      What a money hunger !

Using Vidar, it costs only couple of hours to earn the same amount of money in station protection missions Each killing of a enemy M6 gives me 670K..., takes 10 seconds to kill using Vidar
      it's not so easy near the beginning of the game, and you get no where near that much! Also, I believe the Skiron is better than the Vidar, so I didn't miss it! I think I was doing Final Fury at the time, and was getting signs I needed to upgrade to a M7, so needed a lot of cash... I sold all the ships I was not using, and the Vidar was not being used, so it had to go!

No regrets, I bought the Diemos that is still my ship of choice, many, many, many game days later...

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

HappyPenguin      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
      it's not so easy near the beginning of the game, and you get no where near that much! Also, I believe the Skiron is better than the Vidar, so I didn't miss it! I think I was doing Final Fury at the time, and was getting signs I needed to upgrade to a M7, so needed a lot of cash... I sold all the ships I was not using, and the Vidar was not being used, so it had to go!

No regrets, I bought the Diemos that is still my ship of choice, many, many, many game days later...
      I got it. Haven't started Final Fury yet.

Actually after I learned how to get the Hyperion, I restarted the game as the Poisoned Paranid. Yesterday I got the 25,000,000 Cr and cured my disease and finally Paranid became blue the first time. As reward, I got the Hyperion plus a Advanced Persues. After reloaded several times, now my handy Hyperion has a 209 m/s maximun speed (I saw some on has a 236 m/s top speed I retried sometimes and gave up. 209 m/s seems enough for me...)

Is Final Fury so hard for M6? I can only assume fighting Kha'ak big guys. If so, will grab a M2 for sure. I prefer an easy game, haha...

Life is short, so play more ...

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Final Fury, I understand, is largely dependant on your fighting rank, the higher your rank, the harder it is... I went into it at a fairly high rank, so needed good ships, just to survive... when you're being attacked fairly regularly by a couple of Khaak Corvettes, a M6 is hardly adequate... and that is the easy part!