• Crazy
  • Cool
  • Awesome
  • Angry
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Results 1 to 6 of 6

    Thread: A little help understanding ship classes

    1. #1
      TXU New Member paladinj's Avatar
      Credits
      111.51
      Points
      400
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Total Contributions For

      paladinj      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Join Date
      11-03-2009
      Posts
      9

      Question A little help understanding ship classes

      So these are all of the ship classes right?

      M0 Battleship class ships
      M1 Carrier class ships
      M2 Destroyer/Cruiser class ships
      M3 Heavy fighter class ships
      M4 Medium fighter class ships
      M5 Scout class ships
      M6 Corvette class ships
      TS Transport Ship
      TL Transport Large (moves the Station kits)
      TP Transport Personnel/Passenger

      From what I saw corvettes have shields that even for a few M3's are incredibly difficult to take down, corvettes are the fighter killers right? corvettes are pretty slow and big thus they can't avoid direct fire from M2/M0 and get pounded in seconds because their shields can not resist big guns. I noticed that it is almost impossible for a really big ship (M2/M1/M0) to take out almost any fighters. M2 VS M2 is a matter of who fires first and equipment, no dog fighting (just hold down the right mouse button and click L many times). How many M2's does it take to bring down an M0? Are M1s actually useful for anthing? are they good against anything? Please correct me if I got anything wrong.

      Paladinj


    2. #2
      Moderator Kozaki's Avatar
      Credits
      5,151.30
      Points
      8,685
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Tired
       
      Total Contributions For

      Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Join Date
      22-08-2008
      Location
      Germany
      Posts
      1,957

      Default

      First you are in nearly all facts right.

      Your are right about M0 but in the unmodified game there are no M0 (not in TC)
      M1 are not very useful in the unmodified game but Lucike make a script named C.O.D.E.A. (warning german thread I found no english one) that change M1 with docked ships into something that is veeery good

      There are four ship clases more:

      • M7M : Can use boarding pods
      • M7 : Between M2 and M6
      • M8 : The new bomber class. Can use heavy missiles but no weapons (or only few)
      • TM : Like little M1. Can carry four ships.





    3. #3
      Junior Administrator ;) Diemetius's Avatar
      Credits
      2,642.67
      Points
      12,173
      is testing
       
      I am:
      Cool
       
      Total Contributions For

      Diemetius Points for Mentions Received      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Join Date
      15-09-2007
      Location
      NiesKy ->GreatWorld-> East-Sachsen
      Posts
      2,720
      Blog Entries
      1

      Default

      Follow classes failing:
      TM
      M7
      M7M
      M8

      G. Diemetius

      Edit: too late.....

      The M7 is the best ship for the dog fight against M2.


    4. #4
      Super Moderator Quasar's Avatar
      Credits
      4,280.95
      Points
      9,848
      is relieved to be back!
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      Total Contributions For

      Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Join Date
      01-09-2007
      Location
      High Wycombe, England
      Posts
      2,922

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by paladinj View Post
      I noticed that it is almost impossible for a really big ship (M2/M1/M0) to take out almost any fighters.
      it depends on what you equip them with... I tend to put PPCs or other similar cap ship killer guns on the front, and have Flak everywhere else... that means I can decimate a thick fighter shield in seconds... it does mean, however, that I have to fight head on... the exception to this is in Khaak or Xenon sectors, taking several ships in means the M2s are the main cap ship killers, and the rest take the fighters and preforably stay away from the enemy capitals!

      bottom line is you don't always know what your ship will face, so go prepared with guns to take on differing situations, and swap them as required... (this is where the Diemos with it's PSGs makes it the best all rounder)...

      Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

    5. #5
      TXU Full Member Catra's Avatar
      Credits
      121.14
      Points
      993
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Total Contributions For

      Catra      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Join Date
      21-01-2009
      Posts
      187
      Blog Entries
      1

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
      it depends on what you equip them with... I tend to put PPCs or other similar cap ship killer guns on the front, and have Flak everywhere else... that means I can decimate a thick fighter shield in seconds... it does mean, however, that I have to fight head on... the exception to this is in Khaak or Xenon sectors, taking several ships in means the M2s are the main cap ship killers, and the rest take the fighters and preforably stay away from the enemy capitals!

      bottom line is you don't always know what your ship will face, so go prepared with guns to take on differing situations, and swap them as required... (this is where the Diemos with it's PSGs makes it the best all rounder)...
      for the terran osaka (M2) you can equip the half of the front and the entire right or left side with the PSP guns and they can all fire on an cap ship..leaving the remainder for anti fighter duty =p usually i operate with 2 destroyers so fighters dont have an easy time getting into the ships non fighter weapon side firing arc

      for everything else..yea its pretty much headon which aint halfbad if you outmaneuvre the enemy cap so you can bring your heavy guns facing forward again


    6. #6
      Super Moderator Quasar's Avatar
      Credits
      4,280.95
      Points
      9,848
      is relieved to be back!
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      Total Contributions For

      Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Join Date
      01-09-2007
      Location
      High Wycombe, England
      Posts
      2,922

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Catra View Post
      for the terran osaka (M2) you can equip the half of the front and the entire right or left side with the PSP guns and they can all fire on an cap ship..leaving the remainder for anti fighter duty =p usually i operate with 2 destroyers so fighters dont have an easy time getting into the ships non fighter weapon side firing arc

      for everything else..yea its pretty much headon which aint halfbad if you outmaneuvre the enemy cap so you can bring your heavy guns facing forward again
      I've tried that, and don't think it makes enough difference to the anti-M2 attack to compromise the anti-fighter defence, but I guess it all really depends on your fighting style... I usually operate with one destroyer or a Diemos and one destroyer in those sort of situations... (pity there's no Asgard or Mobile Fortress (preforably) in TC!! Loved those ships!)

      Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •