This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

JesterGorky      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Help with 'Move to position' command

Hey Guys,

New to the site but been playing the X series since Reunion (currently playing TC). Im having trouble understanding how the move to position command works, in 1 of the threads I read that you can enter the co-ords' but all Im able to do is select a visible object in the sector Im viewing, is this right? Or have I missed something? I have navigation software MK1 installed, really Im looking for something that allows me to enter co-ords manually, Ive seen in the script editor that theres move to position code, but Im unsure on how to use that script code.

Any help would be ace, also what are good mods for terran conflict, if any?

Much thanks

JG

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGorky View Post
      Hey Guys,

New to the site but been playing the X series since Reunion (currently playing TC). Im having trouble understanding how the move to position command works, in 1 of the threads I read that you can enter the co-ords' but all Im able to do is select a visible object in the sector Im viewing, is this right? Or have I missed something? I have navigation software MK1 installed, really Im looking for something that allows me to enter co-ords manually, Ive seen in the script editor that theres move to position code, but Im unsure on how to use that script code.

Much thanks

JG
      hello

if your referring to my coord post then i was just readin what the lil numbers on the lower right hand side of the map display reads =p
      if not then i aint got a clue lol
      (i think im missing something...whats so cool bout manual coords input?)

and you dont select an object lol its a move to command so its anywhere where there ISNT an object so it doesnt crash into it =p
      and the coding you see is what the command uses to determine spacial coords to move to (assumption)

and look here for my 4 recommended mods

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

JesterGorky      £ 0.00

Well Id like to enter do-rods manually to find the abandoned ships, whenever I try to use the the zyx do-ords on the sector map I tend to just float about wasting time, generally being a tool.

Could I use satalites to find these ships? You know just pop 1 down when Im in the general area?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Well Id like to enter do-rods manually to find the abandoned ships, whenever I try to use the the zyx do-ords on the sector map I tend to just float about wasting time, generally being a tool.

Could I use satalites to find these ships? You know just pop 1 down when Im in the general area?
      i suppose you could as it should appear as a ship in the menu for ships =p

but i never had much trouble figuring out the coords for maps..so i aint sure if itll be effective or not

(and are you pressing the insert key and then moving?..cuz for whatever reason pressing it enables xy movement...the standard map mode doesnt let you move up down left and right =p)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

HappyPenguin      £ 0.00

Hey Guys,

Much thanks

JG
      Hi, JesterGorky, Welcome

In sector view, try to use your number pad ("2", "8", "4" & "6"; if doesn't work, check the "num lock" status) to move the cursor. While moving, you can read the coordinates in the right/bottom corner. And use "insert" to change the axis to move y/-y.

If you want to input coordinates, use a script

Life is short, so play more ...

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

JesterGorky      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by HappyPenguin View Post
      Hi, JesterGorky, Welcome

In sector view, try to use your number pad ("2", "8", "4" & "6"; if doesn't work, check the "num lock" status) to move the cursor. While moving, you can read the coordinates in the right/bottom corner. And use "insert" to change the axis to move y/-y.

If you want to input coordinates, use a script
      Awesome, that was exactly what I was looking for! Cheers HP