• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need Help Equipping Terran Ships?!?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

Cool Need Help Equipping Terran Ships?!?

Have you ever bought an Osaka and could only find 3 weapons to equip it with?
      Has this every dissuaded you from wanting to buy Terran ships? Well fret no more. Here's an excellent way to equipt Terran weaponry.

First, check the local economy of the sector in which you are intending to buy your ship(s). Make sure you know where your ship equiptment will come from.

Second, go sell the weapons you want to equipt on your ship. (so long as the weapons you want to sell are common, as in where you can buy them back.) Eg: You want to equipt your ________ with 10 SSCs, but you only have one. Well, go sell that one at the station in which your new ship(s) can be equipped.

Thirdly, if you want, say 10 SSCs, buy 10 ships which can support cargo of that size. (Baldrics, they're cheap enough) When it says "Equipt x# of ships at once, you can buy back your sold weapon. Thing is, now each of your ships has 1 SSC, therefore turning 1 cannon into 10! Transfer all the weapons to the ship you want, and sell or do something with the access ships.

There will be some loss of profit, as you won't get full value for your ships you may decide to sell, but now you've just saved a hack of a lot of time and effort! ^.^

Repeat for virtually any weapon you want to buy, so long as that weapon is sold commonly at that station.

Last edited by Gululu Li; 17-05-2009 at 02:24 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Badman76 - {M} Points for Thread Ratings Received      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Thanks Gululu!

Your help is very welcome. This hint has been posted few times yet. No problem - things like this couldn't be mentioned often enough because with using the gamedesign to work around the ingame balancing problems (not enough weapons) you got a very fine and smart soultion. So you are not the first to find this out - it doesn't matter! Some newbies around here might find your post still very helpful.

This particular 'strategy' does not only work with terran EQ-docks. If you want to multiply the amount of a specific weapon just look for an EQD selling these weapon and a shipyard in the same sector of any other race. Sell your 'prototyp', buy up to ten ships (the smaller the ship the less is the loss of cedits) and equipt them as told above.

Remember: The ships you buy don't need to be able to mount the weapon you want to multiply BUT the cargo SIZE (S,M,L,XL) must be big enough.

Hint: I found no EQD selling FAAs in 1.4. Didn't check yet if that changed in 2.0a

Last edited by Badman76; 18-05-2009 at 07:26 AM.

I have no words, ... my voice is in my sword! (W.S. "MacBeth")

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

Yep. Unfortunately, i haven't found any docks selling FAA's either. Since they seem to be Teladi weapons, they would be sold at Teladi docks, and it seems Teladi EqDs don't really sell many weapons...

PS: I havent actually tried this, but maybe if you build a Equiptment dock in Grand Exchange (which doesn't have an EqD) and transfer 2 FAA's to your dock, maybe when you buy ships you can arm them at your dock? Just an idea.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

unfortunately that won't work, the ED has to be the same race as the Shipyard...

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Badman76 - {M} Points for Thread Ratings Received      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

May it work automaticly with a scripted EQD asigned to the Teladi...? ^^ I will try and tell you later as far as no one else is faster.

EDIT: WORKED! You need to add a Teladi EQD, asign it to the Teladi AND add the required wares and upgrades. Worked perfectly!

Last edited by Badman76; 18-05-2009 at 07:00 PM.

I have no words, ... my voice is in my sword! (W.S. "MacBeth")