I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Far-Sight      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Help get me started :)

Hi Guys.

Ok so i got x3 tc about 3/4 weeks ago and have made......little progress

so i have few basic questions both about the game/story mode and good old fashioned mods

1.ok i started off as a terran defender i get the sabre do a few missions then get to the point were my ships to weak...1 missle will own me yh i get a few umm raptors?? im not sure of the names but all are weaker than the sabre...on the shield side of things anyway i believe the sabre holds 5,5mj shields the rest only seem to hold 5,1mj shields tho my friend sayz that if u add more than 5 u get stronger shields??/ is that true...anway basicly im askin if any1 knows of a good starting ship?.

2.Now im pretty sure this has bin asked as many times as there have bin sold copys of x3.....
      what sort of mods could u guys recommend...mods that are compatible with each other maybe new ship packs?? new systems ect

3.are there any tuts out there with good simple explantions of the basics key points of the game. i get combat but the trading is alittle more complex...i've read of ppl earning like a mill every 20-30mins?? my friend left his game running all night and all he got was 3 mill

4. what would u say is the best fighter based weapon not including missles?.
      same goes for capital ships?

5.witch race would you says got the best capital ship?

6. whats the name of that long black ship you see in the start up loading screen???

Anyway thats all i got for now

Sorry if there's a thread already...there's just sooo many it would take me weeks to find what im looking for.

Any Help would be GREATLY Appreciated,thx in advance.

Sorry for bad spelling/grammer

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

Welcome to TXU

The shields every ship can hold you can see in the statistic of the sihp. For your playership you have to click on 'z' and than 'u' or 'i'. Not sure about the last one Endless shields is not the same with endless shieldpower. Every ship has a maximum of both: The number of shields and the maximum power of shields.
      The Sabre can only hold 5x5MJ Shields and the Rapiers only 5x1MJ shields. Both are very small ships. You cannot win a battle in a M4...

At start I try to earn 5-7 millions (how to earn it... later ) to buy a Cutlass. It is a M3+, can hold 6x25MJ shields. That is the sixfold of the shieldpower of the Sabre.

2. I recommend to play the game at first without mods and scripts. Many of the make the difficulty very much harder. Learn the basics before you play with mods and scripts

But if you want a mod: Get these

3. Read the manual. It is very extensive and helpful. There are some test tradings shown... Furthermore is here a thread were some moneyspinners for trading are explained.

4. The best fighter based weapon? I would say the EMPC (the weapon on your sabre and your rapiers) is very good. It si one of the best weapons I know. About the other weapons you must make your own opinion. You cannot generalize all wepons.

Same is about heavy weapons but I hear that the Point Singularity Projector is good

That is a difficult question. About this subject you can discuss endless
      I only implicate buyable ships. But most of people use the Boreas (correct english name?) if the want to destroy soething. It has the biggest firepower...

6. In my loadscreens there are no black ship. The only ship I have there is at the bottom of my post. It is a cutlass.

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

The Point Singularity Projectors are alright, and the best you can get for Terran Ships. However, they are slow and thus its hard to hit anything other than a Destroyer. I personally suggest Photon Pulse Cannons or Ion cannons over them any day. (Not equiptable on Terran ships )

Regarding the best capital ship, there is really no "best" capital ship. However, if you are going to buy a Destroyer, (M2) which are the strongest class ship in the game, i'd suggest a Titan over a Boreas for your first. (It's a bit weaker but costs 26 Million less)

A get-rich-quick scheme you can use is to collect (and sell) the freebee ships floating around in space. (there are 15 or so)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Far-Sight      £ 0.00

@Kozaki & Gululu LI thx for the info ill will most certanly need it

As for the ship at the loading screens i cant rember were i saw it but im sure its on a loading screen somwere...its a capital ship??.....anyway thx again for the help its much appreciated.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

maybe you refer to this screen? It's the only black thing i might confuse for a ship, should i not know it's a panel of a solar power plant station (producing e-cells)...

Attached Images Attached Images
      ♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

TXU Full Member Carlo the Curious's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Carlo the Curious      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Far-Sight View Post
      As for the ship at the loading screens i cant rember were i saw it but im sure its on a loading screen somwere...its a capital ship??.....anyway thx again for the help its much appreciated.
      There aren't any capital ships in the default loading screens.

There are a couple with stations in the background you might mistake for a station. The images are just jpgs in the EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\loadscr\ folder.