Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Kyanzes      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Final Fury help (again) protecting the hauler

I already got like a hundred respawn mails from the hauler that I'm supposed to protect (the one that would assemble the ore mines).

First: the hauler basically blows away in the instant when it spawns.

Second: the picture that I linked only shows a small fragment of the khaak ships present in the area (tried to sneak in from the other gate, took a while since the hauler kept respawning, effectively bumping into me on jump-in)

Is this supposed to happen? I got the feeling that this mission is bugged. My suspicion is that the khaak respawn is probably linked to the hauler spawn, effectively causing an exponential growth or something. Dunno, say, 5 ships spawned per hauler.

How can I reset this mission?

I'm stuck for two days now.

Someone suggested installing laser towers. How??? I would get blown away in the second I set foot near the east gate.

Help please.

PICTURE:

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=khaak.jpg

Alternative pic link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XAC8I042

Check out this. I managed to jump in to the East gate (got lucky with the insta-respawning hauler) and barely had time to make a screenshot.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2476/khaak2.jpg

Last edited by Kyanzes; 18-05-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanzes View Post

I recommend you to buy a minimum of 20 (I think in this case are more needed) lasertowers and drop them near the south gate. The Kha'ak will fly to you and your deadly weapons.

The lasertowers should destroy all enemies

After a while you can follow the TL. To protect him just drop from time to time some more lasertowers.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Kyanzes      £ 0.00

Check out this. I managed to jump in to the East gate (got lucky with the insta-respawning hauler) and barely had time to make a screenshot.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2476/khaak2.jpg

It's not possible that it's intended. That's like 50 or more Khaak Corvette. Probably more... Also, not all of them are in sight.

Is there a way to remove all the enemies from the sector? Call me a whiner, weak, loser, I don't care, I'm fed up with this mission. It's either ridiculous or bugged. So any help removing this infestion would be appreciated.

Last edited by Kyanzes; 18-05-2009 at 09:28 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

Okaaaay...

How did you get so much enemies.

I think you will like the God Mode (X3TC Cheat Package by Cycrow)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Kyanzes      £ 0.00

Here's what I did:

I picked the mission. Found the three asteroids. Then, to my annoyance, a hauler spawned and asked me for help. Ofc I was in a very small ship. So I jumped out for a bigger ship.

Brought in the bigger one - thresher - but couldn't overcome the enemies. So I kept pushing it for a while. Had about two dozen respawns. Then I realised my ship was too weak.

So I switched to a Deimos. Then I went in and started to take down enemy ships. Did that for several hours, the haulers started to insta boom after a while. Then it got out of hand.

That's all I did.

Thanks for the tip by the way.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Scorch      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I don't suppose you can recall your combat rank at the time?

I did this mission at assassin combat rank (i think) and i was in a Vidar at the time, when the TL jumped in I had to rush over to it to protect it, as Khaak spawned almost immediately, but once i had cleaned them up there was (what seemed like) a defined time between spawning a new group of khaak ships, about 5 minutes. Every time they spawned it was a couple of khaak fighters, a cluster and a corvette.

I think your problem may have been in leaving the sector, depending on the amount of time you were gone, many khaak ships may have spawned and they simply weren't dealt with until you got to the point where you have this 'infestation'.

As suggested by Kozaki, you should probably use Cycrow's cheat pakage, but in the global command section there is a little command called destroy sector command and within it you can destroy all the ships in a specific sector, which should clear up all the khaak ships and allow you to complete the mission.

Also, That is a hella lot of Khaak!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Kyanzes      £ 0.00

"Warlord"

Though I refuse to believe that you should be able to defeat this many enemies on any difficulty level. It's just ridiculous.

In the end I used the "Remove enemy" cheat (or something along the lines). It took me a good fifteen minutes to get rid of all the spawned Khaak.

Think I removed like 150 ships in all. Could have been a bit more or a bit less.

I also did maybe four more missions after this one and they weren't even close in hardness. In fact I managed to do all of them at first try. Even the station defense was laughable after this suckage hauler protection mission.

Thanks all for the help!

Well, I managed not to use the cheat after that particular mission, and finished the Final Fury mission set (though there was a temptation at one point). Well, it seems there's no reward for completing the Fury. Though the capital ships dropped nice Gamma Kyons (4 gamma, an alpha and a beta) so that should probably be reward enough.

Last edited by Sartorie; 20-05-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: please use the edit button