• Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Kits (AKA Jumpdrive Kits)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

sirrealist      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

I posted this over in the scripter's thread, but there has been no activity for over a month now, and I'm wondering how long it'll take to get some replies. So, I thought I'd try my luck over here.

First off, the script in question is
      this one:

Here are my questions:

Hi All!

I recently installed this because I just got my first jumpdrive. I'm having an issue where I'm still new to the game, and i need a JD to spoiler: finish the Terran mission, to fly to Aldrin

I want to go there with a few ships, not just the spoiler: one JD you get from the Vidor

So, I flew all the way to one of the sectors that sells JDs, only to find that its a ship component, not a commodity that you can bring back to other ships... doh!

So, now I have this script. If I understand correctly, I can only by the JDK at Cloudbase Southwest and Getsu Fune, right?

If so, are they items that can be transported back to other ships?

And, if so, what is the volume that each JDK takes up, so I can choose the right ship to go get them (i need 3 for the other ships in my "armada").

Thanks!!!

***UPDATE***

OKay, so I decided to just fly out to Getsu Fune and just see what the deal is. I'm pretty sure I found the UDK fab factory, but they're not selling any UKDs! What am I doing wrong? It seems like EVERY time i go somewhere to buy something, they either don't have it at all, or have zero stock. Here they don't even have it for sale...

Here you can see me docked at the Upgrade Kit Amnesty Forge [UKAF] in GF, with the trade screen open... no UDKs

Here you can see me in GF with the UKAF selected as target, with it to the left of the sector map (where it clearly says "10 Upgrade Kits Available"

Finally, I have the station targeted with its info screen pulled up. Still no UDKs listed as product.

Thoughts?

Last edited by sirrealist; 21-05-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealist View Post
      So, I flew all the way to one of the sectors that sells JDs, only to find that its a ship component, not a commodity that you can bring back to other ships... doh!
      Well... a common trick to get a large number of JDs around is to buy several discoverers at an argon SY (argon prime is just fine), send them to terracorp hq and buy a JD for each of them, load em onto a carrier or any big ship they can dock at, jump the carrier where your armada is, dock all at a station and move the JDs from the discos to your big-uns. Rinse and repeat if needed. No need to fiddle around with jumpdrive kits and other paraphernalia

PS: instead of adding new posts below another one of your posts, better use the EDIT button... bumping and repeated posting is not well seen on the forum

Last edited by stemardue; 21-05-2009 at 02:42 PM.
      ♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

sirrealist      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by stemardue View Post
      Well... a common trick to get a large number of JDs around is to buy several discoverers at an argon SY (argon prime is just fine), send them to terracorp hq and buy a JD for each of them, load em onto a carrier or any big ship they can dock at, jump the carrier where your armada is, dock all at a station and move the JDs from the discos to your big-uns. Rinse and repeat if needed. No need to fiddle around with jumpdrive kits and other paraphernalia

PS: instead of adding new posts below another one of your posts, better use the EDIT button... bumping and repeated posting is not well seen on the forum
      Yeah, I was gonna do that but I don't have (nor can I afford) a carrier yet.

Also, thanks for the tip on just editing... I wasn't trying to bump, just update with new stuff, but you're right, an edit would be better.

Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

You can even jump the discos to destination... but that's a one way trip for them since they'll have to make it back without JDs... anyway there are more to buy closer to the center of the Galaxy (Earth for instance)

♪♫♫♪♪
      Do the X-Hop!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

sirrealist      £ 0.00

You can even jump the discos to destination... but that's a one way trip for them since they'll have to make it back without JDs... anyway there are more to buy closer to the center of the Galaxy (Earth for instance)
      I can't go there yet; like I said, I'm early in the game (check spoilers in my OP)

Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

oops...

In that case I am not sure you can jump to Aldrin anyway - I am following TC plot and am still at the mid stages, but I guess Aldrin sector only opens to player at the end of the plot. (Don't know if there are other ways in...)

PS thanks for merging your posts above

Last edited by stemardue; 21-05-2009 at 03:11 PM.
      ♪♫♫♪♪
      Do the X-Hop!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

sirrealist      £ 0.00

oops...

In that case I am not sure you can jump to Aldrin anyway - I am following TC plot and am still at the mid stages, but I guess Aldrin sector only opens to player at the end of the plot. (Don't know if there are other ways in...)
      I'm going to try and clarify, but im hiding it all in case it spoils things for anyone. If you don't want to know more about the Terran Plot, then DON'T read:

spoiler: At the end of the terran campaign, you get orders to jumpt Aldrin and it is added to your map. right before this you cap a Vidar that has a JD. This is the one JD I have. I want to jump to Aldrin with more than one ship, so this is why I am trying to get more JDs. I don't have a ton of M5s or a carrier (and anyway, its a LONG and dangerous trip to get JDs if you star from Heretic's End, where I'm at).

Anyway, i don't understand whats going on with the UDK mod; its obviously running since the fab shows up.

If no one has any other answers, I guess I'll just have to do a bunch of station defense missions to make some $ (I don't know how to trade or build factories or anything else to make $) and then buy M5s and do it the "hard and long" way [slight snicker].

Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

from the script post:

The station now will create UGK's if any of it's wares are available as long as there are enough to cover the 10k price.
      Just drop any of the lasers or Space Weed, Space Fuel, Spaceflies or Slaves and they will be converted or released in the name of peace.
      So it seems you need to support the station with the needed resources for it to build the kits... afaik not many NPC traders are dealing with those 'goods' in getsu fune area

PS: a good money spinner in TC is capping fighters and freighters, or buying some second-hand ones, repairing them with your repair laser (available when walking in space in your space suit) and selling those to shipyards.

Last edited by stemardue; 21-05-2009 at 03:39 PM.
      ♪♫♫♪♪
      Do the X-Hop!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

sirrealist      £ 0.00

from the script post:

So it seems you need to support the station with the needed resources for it to build the kits... afaik not many NPC traders are dealing with those 'goods' in getsu fune area

PS: a good money spinner in TC is capping fighters and freighters, or buying some second-hand ones, repairing them with your repair laser (available when walking in space in your space suit) and selling those to shipyards.

Damn, nothing is ever easy

Okay, I'm VERY interested in ship capping, but I don't want to piss off any of the races (yet). Can you suggest where I can find some ships to cap that won't get everyone angry (I'm guessing the answer is to go to a pirate sector, but i don't think they have freighters). Also, I have done a LOT of fighting, but people hardly EVER bail from their ship. I got the "increased bailing" mod found here, but it doesn't seem to have increased the # of bails AT ALL.

So, could you give me some advice on how to go about being The Mad Ship Capper and making some $ (as well as getting some nice ships I might want to keep)? I also have a scabbard w/ marines on it, so I can board ships if needed.

Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

hehe i like the 'Mad Ship Capper'

Well, the basics of capping is going after fighters with the right weapons, and using em wisely. Also, some luck is always a factor, since there is a random chance for the pilot to bail or not.

You don't need to go to pirate sectors, but staying close to them increases your chances of spotting their patrols (same works for xenon ships) - Yakis are known to be difficult to cap, they bail very rarely (I never had one single Yaki bail... nor a Khaak).
      Let's say you spot an enemy wing. Good capping weapons are any fast shooting, shield munching weapons. Have auto aim on. The faster you zero your enemy's shields, the higher the chances of a bail. If you manage to hit them with long bursts and keep their shields to zero (without destroying too much the hull), you are on for a possible cap.

There are a number of pirate freighters around (duke's freighters), and you may try to cap those as well.

I have no clue about the increased bail rate script, only thing i heard is that it needs to be configured (again, don't know how).
      Also I haven't used the boarding troops so far... so even there i can't help.

♪♫♫♪♪
      Do the X-Hop!