Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

swordspider      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default AI Pilots - Do they exist?

Hi guys. So I'm like a combat junkie (and quite lethal, thank you) but still a noob in the grand scheme of things. Had a couple quick questions that some of you adanced players could probably breeze through but I can't seem to find anywhere.

The manual mentions 'pilots' in your fighters, etc and getting them to level 6, etc. and also paying your hired traders more as they advance... but I can't for the life of me find a 'pilot'. There are tons of marines, etc. and I have captured plenty of pilots who's ships I have devastated, but they stay in the cargo holds - can anyone tell me can you actually stick a pilot in a ship and if so, how?

I guess this applies for both my traders and fighters.

Lastly, I am having trouble setting my trade ships on 'auto' so I can just leave them be to make money (again, I'm a fighter not a trader). The manual once again references a pilot that at level 6 can become a universal trader but once again tells me nothing about it past that... help?

Thanks in advance! ss

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Badman76 - {M} Points for Thread Ratings Received      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

If you want to universal trader who can automaticly do business you have to take a freighter, add at least one 25 MJ shield, fight command software Mk1&2 and the Trade Command Software MK3. Later you will need a weapon, more shields and a jumpdrive.

When you open the ship command menu you will see a submenu called trade (?). There you find the command < start sector trader >. Enter to select a sector you want him to trade. Automaticly a pilot will be added to the ship. The more sales he make the higher he will upgrade.

A few levels later (think 4 or 6) you can command him to trade in more than one sector. From level 8 he can trade within the whole universe and will become more and more effective. As long as he is not asigned to any of your stations he will use your own account of credtis to trade. So take care you always have enough credits left.

B76

I have no words, ... my voice is in my sword! (W.S. "MacBeth")

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Fighter pilots are only an aesthetical frill. There are no hireable fighter pilots or whatever of the kind in vanilla game.

Trader pilots (freighter pilots... are you sure you didn't misread that? freighter/fighter) are another matter.
      There are basically two classes of freighter pilots: 1) CAG pilots, or commercial agents, which can be assigned to a homebase (one of your stations) and automatically buy and sell for that station and 2) Sector Traders / Universal Traders that can be 'left alone' doing general trading on your account. These last ones need the Trading software Mk3 to be installed into the freighter they will use. For CAG pilots you need Mk1 and Mk2 - and a homebase.

There are lots of guides and posts about the subject in the forum, so i suggest you try some search on 'trader' 'universal trader' 'CAG' and similar keywords

---
      *throws glass shards on the floor so the naked Badman will wound his feet and not get faster than him at replying ^^*

Last edited by stemardue; 27-05-2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: vengeance on Badman
      ♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

Some commands create a pilot in your ship. In fact their are no different to non-pilot ships but this is another topic

Before you can make your ship to an unitrader you have to train hin to a certain level (I am not sure which level it is but 6 seems to be right).

But to get a trader level 6 he have to train before. Make a sector trader. At first he needs some time to level up but after a while it goes faster and faster. The sector trader as well as the unitrader needs software and shields.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

swordspider      £ 0.00

Awesome guys, thank you. So here's what I got, correct me if I am wrong:

1. Fighter pilots basically do not exist.

2. Trader Pilots are created automatically once you start a trading mission. Start 'him' as a sector trader until he reaches level 6 and then he can become a Unitrader (of course all with appropriate shields/weapons/and upgrades).

ONE LAST QUESTION - If I build a freighter pilot up to say like level 10 in a Toucan Hauler, can I move the physical Pilot to a better trade ship at a later time or is he locked into the one ship he is spawned in?

THANKS! This is super helpful.

Last edited by swordspider; 27-05-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

1 correct

2 almost correct - they are created when you issue one of the following trade commands: start commercial agent or start sector trader

yes you can transfer a pilot to another ship using the special command "move/dismiss pilot" from your ship, then you have to indicate the two ships from and where to move him, and a station at which the two ships will need to dock to complete the transfer. (this procedure was that in X3R, i guess it did not change in X3TC)

♪♫♫♪♪
      Do the X-Hop!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Badman76 - {M} Points for Thread Ratings Received      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swordspider View Post
      ONE LAST QUESTION - If I build a freighter pilot up to say like level 10 in a Toucan Hauler, can I move the physical Pilot to a better trade ship at a later time or is he locked into the one ship he is spawned in?
      Yes! But both ships has to be at least in the same sector or even docked at the same station.

EDIT: *grmbl-grmbl*... those bloody glass splinters hurts in my feet....

Last edited by Badman76; 27-05-2009 at 04:32 PM.

I have no words, ... my voice is in my sword! (W.S. "MacBeth")

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

swordspider      £ 0.00

Just for reference, to start the Universal Trader is Level 8 Pilot. Thanks again to everyone for their help!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Aktherion      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by stemardue View Post
      1 correct

2 almost correct - they are created when you issue one of the following trade commands: start commercial agent or start sector trader

yes you can transfer a pilot to another ship using the special command "move/dismiss pilot" from your ship, then you have to indicate the two ships from and where to move him, and a station at which the two ships will need to dock to complete the transfer. (this procedure was that in X3R, i guess it did not change in X3TC)

1. incorrect,
      if one were to posses the cash to set a regular patrol in enemy territory then take your M6/M7/M1/ or whatever, equip it with "fight command software MK 1 & 2". look in your "combat" orders menu. here it will say "add sector to patrol list..."
      manuver your ship to the desired patrol points, a minimum of four, click your ship on the map that pops up when your assigning the points for each of the desired points.
      once you have four the ship will patrol those points, attacking any enemy that it encounters, but here's the fun part.
      after putting your ship on patrol it will gain a pilot and that pilot will gain levels but the catch is you need money out the wazoo to pay for the route.

Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

@Akhterion

Nothing new about the patrol command itself... but, are you sure the pilot gains levels and gets paid in base of those? I never heard about that fact, nor the manuals tell anything on that line. I don't think that is correct, at least not in vanilla games w/o add-on scripts.

Last edited by stemardue; 28-05-2009 at 01:50 PM.
      ♪♫♫♪♪
      Do the X-Hop!