This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

thrustmasterd      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default ship upgrades questions - jumpdrive, transporter device

Hello to everyone,

I have not found a Jumpdrive yet, but I read that it is in Gonar Temple in Cloudbase Southwest. I have not found the Transporter device either. Does anyone know where can i find that device? Can anyone please list the locations where I can get the Jumpdrive and a Transporter devices?
      I have another question. For example: Jumpdrive. When a ship docks at the station, it can only purchase one Jumpdrive. What do i do if I need 20 jumpdrives for 20 different ships? Do i need to have them dock at that station and manually "upgrade" every ship with a jumpdrive? Does it mean that every ship that I buy. I need to send it to Gonar Temple to get outfitted with the Jumpdrive? Even if my HQ or shipyard is on the other side of the galaxy? What would I do? Is there a way to load up a TS ship with tons Jumpdrives and bring it back to the ships to have them install it? This does not only concern jumpdrives. What if I want every TS ship be outfitted with MK3 Trading Software. Do I need to dock each ship separately at a Equipment dock that supplies in order to upgrade the ship?
      My last question is: Is it possible to have TS ships in my fleet convoy carry e-cells and can i use a transporter device to "beam" energy cells all my other ships, that are in the same sector? If it is possible, would I need to have every ship in my fleet be outfitted with the Transporter device?
      Sorry for the lengthly post. Thank you very much for the help. I wish a TS ship would be able to "stock up" on ship upgrades and bring the goods back to the home base.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ThanRo      £ 0.00

1. The gonars don't sell anything on their temple in X3:TC. The jumpdrives are only available at some headquarters.
      The jumpdrive is availabe at spoiler: Terracorp HQ, Home of Light; OTAS HQ, Legends Home and in Queens Harbour. The transporter device is available in the most HQs.

2. If you have to equip M5, M4 or M3 ships, you can load them into a carrier and bring them altogether to the equipment. Also you can buy 20 Discoverers in Argon Prime and equip them with all needed, including jumpdrives, and let them jump to the location where they are needed. You can't load more than one jumdrive or software kit in one ship.

Last edited by ThanRo; 01-06-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by thrustmasterd View Post
      Does anyone know where can i find that device? Can anyone please list the locations where I can get the Jumpdrive and a Transporter devices?
      In Terran Conflict there are no goner temple at Clouthbase SW

You can buy the Jumpdrive in spoiler: Home of Light at the Terra Corp HQ, spoiler: in Home of Legend at the Otas HQ and spoiler: at the Atreus HQ in Queen's Harbour.

The transporter device you can buy at afaik at argon eq and at the trading station in spoiler: Heretic's End. I think at the terran military bases too.

Just have a look at the ingame encyclopedia. If you choose the point 'transporter device' and scroll down, there are the stations listed which sell that.

What do i do if I need 20 jumpdrives for 20 different ships? Do i need to have them dock at that station and manually "upgrade" every ship with a jumpdrive?
      You have to equip the ship one by one. But if the argon eqs sell the jumpdrive you can buy 10 ship at once at equip them together.

Mk3 trader buy a jumpdrive too when theey have a certain level.

Is it possible to have TS ships in my fleet convoy carry e-cells and can i use a transporter device to "beam" energy cells all my other ships, that are in the same sector? If it is possible, would I need to have every ship in my fleet be outfitted with the Transporter device?
      One of the ship which 'beam' something, need a transporter device.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Thank you very much for your help! There are really nice people on this website. I wish i could say the same about X360 or PS3 community lol.

When I want to exchange freight between 2 ships. Do 2 ships need a transporter device? Can i also exchange ship "upgrades" via transporter device? Can I have a TS ship in a fleet that can use a transporter device to upload energy cells to my other ships?

There is a cheat package by Cycrow V1.41. I have not used it yet. I read that there is a feature there that can "upgrade" any ship. I am not into cheating, but I was thinking of using this cheat script package to "upgrade" ships with certain devices. I want to do it in order to avoid too much micromanagement. Have anyone of you used this cheat script? Can it "mess up" my plot progression?
      Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!
      Thank you again!

I am sorry I did not see your post about "One of the ship which 'beam' something, need a transporter device."

I am running Terran Conflict 2.0 via Steam.
      Here is a link to the cheat package, which was written way before 2.0 version came out. What do you think about using this package to avoid some micromanagement?

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216691

Last edited by Galder; 01-06-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Double post

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

When I want to exchange freight between 2 ships. Do 2 ships need a transporter device?
      No. One transporter device is enough.

Can i also exchange ship "upgrades" via transporter device?
      Software can be trasfered too. You can even exchange the transporter device

Can I have a TS ship in a fleet that can use a transporter device to upload energy cells to my other ships?
      The A.I. don't use the transporter device on its own. You have to do that manual.

There is a cheat package by Cycrow V1.41. I have not used it yet. I read that there is a feature there that can "upgrade" any ship. I am not into cheating, but I was thinking of using this cheat script package to "upgrade" ships with certain devices. I want to do it in order to avoid too much micromanagement. Have anyone of you used this cheat script? Can it "mess up" my plot progression?
      Yes, I use sometimes those cheatscripts

You can cheat every ware, every software and every tuning at your ship or station and you can choose how much you want to have

Edit:
      I you have nothing against the modified you get if you install a script, Caycrows cheat package is good for avoiding micromanagment.

Last edited by Kozaki; 01-06-2009 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Erweitert

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

thank you very much for your help! I got it and it works! The cheat package does indeed avoid tons of unnecessary micromanagement!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

swordspider      £ 0.00

Thrust-

The only problem with the cheat scripts is once you do it, you're tainted. Although it seems 'easy' and you'll 'only do it once' to equip ships rather than have them fly across the entire universe, the problem is that the next thing you'll do is pop extra lasers on all your 8-gun ships with 4 guns, and then a few 2GJ shields... and wouldn't it be nice to have one of those 90Mil M2s? It just gets worse as you go and I assure you in the end your game will suffer. Whenever you become God, you lose all of your aspirations and all of a sudden it just doesn't make sense to take the time to do anything anymore.

Plus, the concept of the game is to be hard. It is trying to be realistic in the fact that after 4 hours of gameplay you can't have the best ship... more like 4 weeks, 4 months.... which makes the game something worth coming back to.

ThanRo's advice on bringing the jumpdrives to the ships is a solid one. That makes 'real' logistical sense in that they would deliver the new drives to your new ships... and it will only take a little time.

Just my 2 cents. Ok, so I am kind of a purist... but I'm just trying to save you your $40.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Sword,

Thank you very much for your comment. I agree with you 100%. You are so right about what you said. I will be very busy at work the next few days, but I definitely want to open a new discussion about where I can see myself in the game a year from now. I have a lot of questions about the reaction of the universe to the player's actions.
      Have a great day and thank you again!