Credits
      is alive

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

DrSysAdmin      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Options with my Q.....

I have had TC for about a month and am enjoying it greatly. I have 2 different games going, depending on mood. One has gotten me into a bit of quandry.

The game in question I have a few scripts loaded, only one a "cheat". The cheat is the Computer Component Capture. I have to say - I love it. Now, I was running a nova raider and came across a Q with a single heavy fighter in attendance. I docked a nearby station and saved, because I wanted to try capping the Q, just to see if it would work.

I found a blind spot and got into it, took down the shield, transported over the component and sure enough, got myself a Q.

After reping it up back to full health, I docked it and was offered 27M for it. Now my cash flow is only around 4M, I have no factories, a couple of large freighters that I haven't yet gotten TS3 for but will later be used as ST's, then UTs.

The bugger came loaded for bear - 5 ion shards, 3 1GJ shields, some other stuff as well. I have gotten a jumpdrive and transporter on it.

So now the question - should I use try using the Q as a M1/M2 capper with the CCC script? Should I simply use the Q to run through a number of the terran missions easier? Should I sell it and use the funds to set up some factories or complexes to further my economy? Should I jump into a Xenon sector and get a few more M7's with it, then sell the lot?

I am on decent enough terms with everyone I have met so far that they don't shoot at me, except of course the pirates/k's and x's. If I go try to cap a M1/M2 - then one group is going to be rather ticked with me.

So, thoughts welcome! Thanks in advance.

DR. SA

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

hmmm I don't know what to suggest, but IMO going for early 'easy' capping with a cheat as you defined it will spoil the gameplay quickly.

Same as you did with a Q can easily be done with any other ships and in no time you will find yourself with an 'invincible armada' built up at almost no cost.

Capping/destroying a single ship of any race does not hurt your reputation too much if you are fast with 'apologizing' to the surrounding hostiles...

So, my humble suggestion is: get rid of that device

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      is alive

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

DrSysAdmin      £ 0.00

I appreciate it Stemardue - my other game is a humble merchant without the cheat script. I am enjoying it greatly as well. I mod some other games and understand the danger of using a cheat long term, its why I actually am playing my humble merchant more than this one. TC is alot like the old elite for me, I will play an open ended game like this for a very long time. I am using the q game to complete the terran campaign, unlock other starts, etc.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I see... well then i'd use it for capping something else
      I'm not very fond of Xenon ships myself, in X3R the LX was a fantastic fighter but in TC there are many more choices.

I finished the terran campaign with no trouble at all (except for some 'docking problems' at the very end) with the ships that are given to you along the plotline, and some derelict ships i found around. I must say it's more a tutorial than a campaign... now i'm moving to the other plots to see if they are more satisfying. I guess 'final fury plot' can be more rewarding in terms of excitement

Btw, try to raise your rep with some races, so you can buy weapons and equip your ships the way you like.

Oh and... welcome to TXU!

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

swordspider      £ 0.00

I'm with Stem- I'm an X purist, so take that into account when reading this. Nothing against you Dr.

I think once you cheat at all (even some basic mods are cheats in my opinion) that you have ruined the entire point of playing the game.

I mean seriously, when you cheat, what is the point of even playing the game? You haven't earned anything and the entire rest of the game is tainted. You said yourself you have like $4M in the bank and you Cap a $27M ship (and that is the for sale price)? The typical resources alone to cap that ship with your own ships, marine training, especially time, etc. are well over $4M, so from that point forward whether you sell it or not, you have anhiliated any reason to play the game.

I'm not busting on you, I am simply saying that to try and go back into a cheated game and 'play it normal from here on out' is just a pointless concept in itself. That is like smacking a chick you have never met and then asking her to marry you. Ok that is a little ridiculous... But you get my point. More like getting the BFG in Doom on level 1 and then trying to play the game from there... it would just be pointless.

Credits
      is alive

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

DrSysAdmin      £ 0.00

I totally get where you guys are coming from. Its why I am playing 2 games - one where I "cheat" a bit and one where I am not. Usually I run a bit of my cheat after playing normally and getting bored with the trade runs I have needed to do to get my foundation set. Kind of a "break the monotony and just go blow stuff up for fun" thing. At no point will this particular game be played "normally from here on out" - its my cheat for kicks and I will use it.

Sword, you mentioned some basic scripts are cheats. The only scripts I have run on my "stock" game is the remove civilian ships and the remove those annoying little asteroids, as well as the 500km com mod. I hardly see those as cheats. One could argue the 500km com mod - but if we can make cell phones work over thousands of miles (and linear radios work an easy thousand with no relay towers), no way some future space ship can only make a local call.....

That game is actually going well, and I am going to keep up a running update in the story thread as I can, similiar to Squidy's.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

swordspider      £ 0.00

You're golden brother, no worries. You play the game the way you want to. As long as you are having fun, that is absolutely all that matters. My only warninn was just if you cheat a little here and there, eventually you're not going to want to earn anything and honestly when you have fought your butt off to get that M1 or M2 and watch it just anhillate the enemy, well there is just something to that you can't get when you got the thing for free.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

to answer the original question, consider using the Q as Sector Defence... it is very powerful OOS...

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.