Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

thrustmasterd      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Universe's reaction to player's actions

I want to discuss the topic of the "ultimate goal" in TC. Where I can see myself a year from now in TC is having massive fleets and many complexes. I have the following questions about computer AI and the reaction of the universe towards the player and other races.

1. If I destroy every ship and station in any race's sector, can a "backup" arrive while I am still in a sector? For ex: Is it possible to see Split reinforcements coming through the jumpgate? Does it ever happen? Or do I always get to only fight whoever is present in the sector? What if I leave the sector, will it get rebuilt by it's race?

2. Can I occupy a sector. For example: If I am in a Split sector, can I somehow change it to "my" sector or any other race's sector?

3. Are sectors "static" or "dynamic". Do wars between races like Split and Teladi ever take place? Or does a Split sector will always be a Split sector, no matter what I do or other races do?

3. Can I completely annihilate another race? For ex: What If I destroy every ship and station in every Split sector and every Split ship in the "universe", will Split be able to rebuild? Or will Split sectors then belong to any other race?

4. Can I make an alliance with any race? Will a friendly race ever help me If I am being attacked by Xenon for example?

5. How do destroyed race's stations and complexes respawn?

6. My most important question still remains - Can I annihilate a race and take over the sector, or can any other race take over the sector. What I mean is, will a Split sector still be a Split sector, no matter how many times you destroy everything in it?

I would really appreciate your responses. I am looking at the "Big" picture of the point of the game. When and if I get wealthy and powerful, can I change the universe and get rid of certain races? Or, will there be a constant respawning of the race and a never ending war with that race.

7. My final question is , can I destroy everything in the game, where the only one who is left is just me and my "army"?

My personal goal in the game is to destroy and wipe out Xenon and a Split race. Can this be accomplished, or will they always keep on respawing?

Thank you very much for your responses!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

1) The races have fighter patrol which are travelling through the sectors. If your stay in the sector and watch at the jumpgate you can see that. Bigger ships respawn iirc after 8h. Their arriving looks like a jump with the jumpdrive.

2) That is only with that script possible.

3) No, there are no really wars in TC. But you can use that script.

4) The only way to fight with a race together is in missions like xenon invasions.

5) Equipment Docks, Shipyards and Trading Stations respawn after 8h at the same place. Other stations will be build up by GOD about long time but neither at the same place nor the same station.

6) See 2).

7) Why do you want to be alone Of course you can write or let someone write a script which is doing that.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Thank you Kozaki. This means that a player does not have any impact on the lifeforms in the universe. If everything respawns after certain period of time, then I do not see a point in building up an empire. It is not about being alone, I just brought it as an example. I think a game should allow a player to do so. I think that a game should allow a player to destroy an entire race. If I do fight with the race and destroy everything and 8h later you see all the sectors up and running, then what is the point of destroying anything? The only thing that changes in the universe is the race rank relations, which are just numbers.
      It is like playing the good old game "Doom" and having a constant respawing of Imps. Without an ability to "beat" a computer controlled opponent or a human opponent, I do not see a point in playing. I am sorry, but this respawning is a deal breaker for me.
      Thank you guys for all the help and comments!

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

You can always see it like an even bigger challenge... consider the respawning as the struggle of few survivors to restart, have a big enough fleet to secure the core sectors and use them to wipe off the newly built stations.
      You can have your empire growing nonetheless, what you won't ever see is a final screenie saying in glittering letters 'You are the one and only Lord of this Universe', but you can always think that

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Cronos988      £ 0.00

There are scripts (some have already been pointed out) that allow you to seize control of Sectors. There are also scripts that replace the respawning race military with a more realistic military that is based on a maximum troop strength and periodic reinforcements.

FInally there are several scripts simulating race battles.

If you combine them you get pretty much what you want: You get a Race military that does not just respawn, but instead has a real strength and can therefore be beaten, you can seize Sectors to reduce the enemies reinforcements etc.

Part of this scripts are still in development, but as far as I know it's already pretty good. You should give it a try.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

Do the corperations HQ's respond as well?

And Kozaki, you had mentioned a script that enables race scirmishes. (s/p)
      Can you control which race goes to war with whom?

Last edited by Gululu Li; 06-06-2009 at 11:15 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

I don't use the script but I think Argon vs Paranid, Boron vs Split and Pirates, Kha'ak and Xenon vs Rest.

Last edited by Kozaki; 06-06-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Corrected

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Thank you gentlemen for your responses. I remember playing Resident Evil 1 back in the days. The game was very hard and every bullet counted. But at the end of the day, I could kill everyone in the game and that made the game experience grotesque. I am not comparing the two games, and I really, really want to play X3 TC. However, the respawing every 8h is so predictable and unrealistic. If there were lone survivors, and it would have been extremely exciting, they would have to respawn in small numbers randomly. But, seeing the same shipyard, trading stations at the same place, exactly 8h later is just not fun at all.
      I want to "beat" the race, I want to cut off their trade routes, and take them out! It is not even about "owning" the sector, it is about complete and utter destruction of a race. If i spend thousands of hours on a game, I want to blow up everything and anything and not have it come back.
      I have looked at the scripts that you posted on this thread. And, I read that people had numerous problems with them. A lot of users uninstalled the scripts and are waiting for new versions.
      Gentlemen, does a "stop the respawning" script exist?
      Could you please gentlemen post me links to the new scripts that have to do with
      1) Sector ownership
      2) Race wars
      3) Stop Respawn.
      Could you please tell me if you know whether those scripts are "stable"
      Thank you very much and all the best to all of you!

Thank you for the post Cronos. Could you please send me links to those scripts that you mentioned?
      Thank you again!

Could you please also tell me if those mods need a fresh "restart"

Last edited by Badman76; 07-06-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: merged posts

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

thrustmasterd, not ALL the stations respond in 8h. Only the Shipyards, Equiptment docks and the local trading station respawn. The others respawn in different places at different times. But i do know what you mean, it is predictable and somewhat boring after a while.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Gululu, shipyards, equipment yards and trading stations are the main targets and assets. X3 is not a a RTS strategy game like Command and Conquer series, but it has some of it's elements. Like in any C&C game, when you destroy a construction yard, the game is pretty much over. That is the "main" objective. I wonder why any of the reviews of X3 TC do not even mention that a player cannot win and that the respawns are strictly coded to reappear after 8 hours.
      The X3's trailer itself says that "the universe will respond to player's every action". What response does it have? Respawning stations and ships in the same manner?
      If I cannot destroy a race, then what is the point of the game? At the very least, the race must gather resources, bring ships to rebuild. How does everything just magically reappear? Why would people spend hundreds of hours on a game where they cannot destroy the enemy of their choosing?
      Egosoft created this complex trading system, they put so much time into design of different ships and stations, created this huge universe. But , this universe does not really change at all !?! In a nutshell , all that changes are the race relations numbers, which in fact do not mean anything, because a player cannot win. On the other side, a player's shipyards and stations do not respawn. It does not make any sense to me. This game has such a great community and support, yet the first script that should be created is to be able to win.
      Thank you gentlemen for reading my post. I really like this game and trying to find the answers to the biggest part that is missing in this great package - being able to win.