Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default 2.1 improvements

hmm... interesting, there have been several things done in 2.1 that needed doing, the K's turrets have better coverage, for example, but the biggest surprise came to me when I was about to attack a Q in TUS1... first the shields just disappeared, and I thought, that's odd, but easier for me! then it exploded, and I saw a Teladi M7M flying past! So it seems M7Ms are now actually working in the AI... but how well remains to be seen!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Scorch      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I have noticed that the races will actually (seem) to take care of their sectors now and don't just sit there with their thumbs up their a** whilst a pirate squad is shootin up passing traders.

For instance, whilst flying through aladna hill i noticed a rather large amount of blastclaws come through the west gate. After about 1 minute in came a military patrol from light of heart consisting of a Cerberus plus fighters and dealt with the threat.

GJ Egosoft!

I'm certainly hoping that the times I've seen this happen in 2.1 is not just dumb luck on my part

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

Hmm, on the flipside, (i don't know if this was in previous versions or not) the Tokyo is now a super battlecarrier. It boasts 300,000MWs of weaponspower, (which is more than a typical destroyer) and a weapons generator of 10,000MW. (Thats about 8 times stronger the the Odins, which is supposed to be an "advanced Carrier"

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gululu Li View Post
      Hmm, on the flipside, (i don't know if this was in previous versions or not) the Tokyo is now a super battlecarrier. It boasts 300,000MWs of weaponspower, (which is more than a typical destroyer) and a weapons generator of 10,000MW. (Thats about 8 times stronger the the Odins, which is supposed to be an "advanced Carrier"
      -offtopic-
      but doesnt the odin sport like 4 more turret slots per position,more shielding, and can carry more fighters than the tokyo?
      -end offtopic-

hehe they fixed the terran notoriety weapons too :P now it costs:

EMPC: 1 - 3 million
      M/AML :...i forget lol i dont use the wep all that much :P i rely on the jumpdrive too much to want any Ammo based weapon XD
      SSC: 5 - 7 million
      PSP: ~ 10 million

when you start off with either terran start and get reduced with higher notoriety back down to what they were pre 2.1

EDIT: jus saw somethin WAY cool...i was in the unknown sector for the terran plot for scanning the base lookin over at the non mission base i spot another ship ive never seen there before.....i go over to see what it is and i cant target it...so i fire a test shot and it damages the mercenary training facility somehow its attached :P after observing it for awhile the facility is launching boarding pods for what appears to be an exercise boarding op >:O

hehe maybe it was there before and ive jus never bothered to notice it :P

EDIT2: O_o im observing the most interesting behaviour ive ever seen....so i accepted a patrol mission in heretic's end..so i engage the pirates...and a lil while into the fight an ATF battlegroup of 1 odin 3 Aegir's and 8 Vali's warp into the scene..at first im like cool i got lucky with a patrol ( 12 - 1 != favorable survival odds :P) but as i was flying about i saw the ships folloiwng me..and to make sure they were i flew 60KM "upwards" from the trade dock and they were indeed following me !

EDIT3:in the Argon infiltration mission for the terrans the 2 operatives now fly to the ship your in instead of going through (and somehow survivng o.O) the gates to get to their defence station

EDIT4: saw a lightbulb..went up hopin it is sector maps for sale..and to my surprise it is sector asteroid data for sale >:O first time ive EVER seen it for sale in months of playin so i -think- it was added in 2.1

Last edited by Catra; 02-07-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

the Odin is supposed to be more advanced, its ATF. The oden has a weapons generator of 15XX whilst the tokyo's weapons generator is 10,0XX. The weapons battery for the Odin is about 100K, whilst the Tokyo's is 300K...

Administrator Roger L.S. Griffiths's Avatar
      Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Roger L.S. Griffiths Points for Blogs      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gululu Li View Post
      the Odin is supposed to be more advanced, its ATF. The oden has a weapons generator of 15XX whilst the tokyo's weapons generator is 10,0XX. The weapons battery for the Odin is about 100K, whilst the Tokyo's is 300K...
      The Tokyo has not been changed since initial release (except for some Turret camera positions)
      [OT]The USC craft have a very modern sleek modular look to them which might explain why the Tokyo shares a similar power generator to the Osaka (possibly a design feature).

The ATF craft have the look of older models which have been upgraded over time.

I would suggest a new thread to discuss the subject of ATF v. USC craft.[/OT]

Roger L.S. Griffiths, BSc (Hons) [Wiki/Blogs]
      Current Game: X4 Foundations

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Good idea Roger L.S. Griffiths! That can now be found there: