thrustmasterd      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Sector Takeover script and RRF compatibility

Hello to all,

Here is a link to a Sector Takeover port for Reunion to TC

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243791

The page states that the version is this:
      [SCR][june 08][v. 1.01-] STO 1.0 - overtake

My questions is- Is this a port of the original version of Sector Takeover v1.0 from Reunion or is it a port of the latest version of Sector Takeover v 2.4.3 from Reunion?

My second question is whether anyone knows if this script will work with RRF (Race Response Fleet) script.

My final question is: What happens if I overtake Khaak or Xenon sectors? Can I completely eradicate them this way and stop their spawning all together?

Thanks a lot!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thrustmasterd View Post
      Hello to all,

Here is a link to a Sector Takeover port for Reunion to TC

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=243791

The page states that the version is this:
      [SCR][june 08][v. 1.01-] STO 1.0 - overtake

My questions is- Is this a port of the original version of Sector Takeover v1.0 from Reunion or is it a port of the latest version of Sector Takeover v 2.4.3 from Reunion?

My second question is whether anyone knows if this script will work with RRF (Race Response Fleet) script.

My final question is: What happens if I overtake Khaak or Xenon sectors? Can I completely eradicate them this way and stop their spawning all together?

Thanks a lot!
      welcome aboard

it was a reunion 1.0 port (re:glitched out and buggy lol) at first and then from there it was upgraded as TC was bein patched

RRF is abit....broken atm :P
      if your unfortunate to be in the same system as the fleet jumps in the game crashes for w/e reason >.<

race patrols seems alot more stable and leads to much more epic "accidental" battles

as far as i know all the scripts work together as i got like ~10 going atm and none seem to conflict with the other (4 months strong only crash from RRF :P)

the xenon and khaak will be wiped out from the galaxy for good if you take their sectors along with anyone else you can out muscle (good luck with the paranids lol..their flamethrower tech is so OP)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Thank you Catra for your help If I install Race Patrols only, can I take ownership of the sector with that script or do I also have to install Sector Takeover script? I am running 2.1 steam version. Do you know if those scripts are stable with this version of TC? When I wipe out the entire race and all of their ships, will they respawn or will they seize to exist completely? What I am asking is do I have to install the remove other ships mods for Race Patrols, or can I just use the script by itself? If I do not install the other mods to remove other ships and when I destroy other ships and all the structures of any particular race, will their ships keep on respawning ? Please accept my gratitude. Thank you very much again!

Last edited by thrustmasterd; 21-06-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Thank you Catra for your help If I install Race Patrols only, can I take ownership of the sector with that script or do I also have to install Sector Takeover script? I am running 2.1 steam version. Do you know if those scripts are stable with this version of TC? When I wipe out the entire race and all of their ships, will they respawn or will they seize to exist completely? What I am asking is do I have to install the remove other ships mods for Race Patrols, or can I just use the script by itself? If I do not install the other mods to remove other ships and when I destroy other ships and all the structures of any particular race, will their ships keep on respawning ? Please accept my gratitude. Thank you very much again!
      sector takeover is a must as its a standalone script :P

hm cant be much difference between CD and steam versions so i assume they would work

they cease to exist alltogether as they no longer have an economy or any shipbuilding capability(although for xenon / khaak / pirates / yaki they -might- still spawn as none have an economy anyway)

you dont need the remove other ships mod for race patrols thats an optional download for people who want less clutter :P (with 2.1 its a very bad idea as the military AI is pretty intelligent now)

hmm think i got all the questions answered :P if not jus drop a post ^_^

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

I have 2 more questions remaining.

1) Do Khaak, Xenon, Pirate bases still spawn after defeating them and taking over their sector? What if i do not install Sector Takever script and only Patrols script, will their ships and stations still spawn?

2) Can I build an HQ without completing HQ plot? And do I really need it?

I plan on finishing up my Terran and Final Fury plots before I install those scripts.

Thank you again !

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I have 2 more questions remaining.

1) Do Khaak, Xenon, Pirate bases still spawn after defeating them and taking over their sector? What if i do not install Sector Takever script and only Patrols script, will their ships and stations still spawn?

2) Can I build an HQ without completing HQ plot? And do I really need it?

I plan on finishing up my Terran and Final Fury plots before I install those scripts.

Thank you again !
      the sector is flagged as -yours- and therefore the script for base / ship spawning is disabled for the original race owners. with just patrols the bases / ships will still spawn as race patrols only adds intelligent reinforcement calling (and for pirates....i really doubt you jus wipe out their sectors and be done with it :P)

with a script you can buy an HQ for like 194 million :P but it just doesnt feel as satisfying compared to destroying the galaxies (universe's?) economy becuase you wanted an extra 3 sets of gates that can lead anywhere :P

also interesting side note: the HQ...can fit INSIDE the xenon HUB <.<

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Thank you Catra. What if I destroy every station that a race owns and take over every sector of that race. Will they still spawn their ships race patrols? Or will they will gone completely forever?
      Thank you again

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Thank you Catra. What if I destroy every station that a race owns and take over every sector of that race. Will they still spawn their ships race patrols? Or will they will gone completely forever?
      Thank you again
      hmmmmmmmmmmm
      thats a good question....iunno what race patrols uses as a spawn point. the mod uses a jump into existence and jump out of existence script..
      it well could be the military bases (for the actual patrol fighters) as to add realism the patrols change "shifts" and go to a military base
      so i assume destroy that and no more patrols? that jus a theory though :P