• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Who's more advanced???

Voters
    12. You may not vote on this poll
    • ATF is more advanced

9 75.00%
    • USC is more advanced

3 25.00%
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF vs USC

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      The Web... Duh! (Barren Shores, actually...)
      Blog Entries

Default ATF vs USC

Who do you think is (or should) be more advanced? Is it the USC or ATF? Should there then be changes in the price? Should the ATF ships be availiable to anyone? What do you think?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gululu Li View Post
      Who do you think is (or should) be more advanced? Is it the USC or ATF? Should there then be changes in the price? Should the ATF ships be availiable to anyone? What do you think?
      after lookin @ the different ships available..the ATF is definately the more advanced :P their m1's can carry stations, have 4 more guns(compared to USC tokyo) and are abit faster

their M2s carry 10 more guns(compared to USC osaka)and are abit faster

all their fighters are just superior in every way to the USC ships @_@ (their m5 though is just beastly...5 EMPCs and 560 speed? yes please)

ATF ships cant be available due to the fact you need to gain a higher notoriety than Earth Access for the really good ships :P egosoft COULD change this..but it would really require an ATF start as it make little sense in the terran start..as you are an USC pilot..and not a ATF pilot
      and its rather...gamebreaking lol..i tried out the ATF ships mod (buyable from the moon) the game felt more imbalanced than the OTAS "light" destroyer made it XD

the prices should stay the same..even if you -could- buy one..the time it takes to actual outfit them is just insane :P

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I agree with you. I don't think ATF ships should be buyable. It's way more fun to cap. with an M7M anyways

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Kozaki - {M}      £ 0.00

But there is one problem: Afaik you cannot cap the fighters so you cannot get them in no way

On possibility with patch 2.0 or lower was if the were landed in one of the M1 which can attack you at the company plot. If you border these ships you can cap the landed ships with the SOS

Either ES should make ATF fighters cappable or buyable (only fighters, all the other ships you can border) for a high price or make a ATF plot where you have a chance to get them

Last edited by Kozaki; 29-06-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Extended

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

@ Catra: I don't believe ATF m1's are capable of hauling stations, at least not compared to statistics found here and here.

The Aldrin M3 is probably superiour to all the other Terran Fighters. (But that probably doesn't count as USC...)

To eliminate the destabilizing effect of the Tyr, when i do capture one, It will be armed like this: 8 fronts, 6 left/rights, 8 backs, 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 10KJ shields. With the Boreas, to eliminate the gameplay offthrough, i'm going to keep the arnaments the same but only give it 6KJs of shielding. That way i can have the ships i want and still have a challange

@ Kozaki: Egosoft does need a ATF start, with buyable ATF fighters (though expensive) and/or there should be a subplot in which you get rewarded 1 of each ATF fighter and possibly a Vali at the end, after a large battle or something

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gululu Li View Post
      @ Catra: I don't believe ATF m1's are capable of hauling stations, at least not compared to statistics found here and here.

The Aldrin M3 is probably superiour to all the other Terran Fighters. (But that probably doesn't count as USC...)

To eliminate the destabilizing effect of the Tyr, when i do capture one, It will be armed like this: 8 fronts, 6 left/rights, 8 backs, 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 10KJ shields. With the Boreas, to eliminate the gameplay offthrough, i'm going to keep the arnaments the same but only give it 6KJs of shielding. That way i can have the ships i want and still have a challange

@ Kozaki: Egosoft does need a ATF start, with buyable ATF fighters (though expensive) and/or there should be a subplot in which you get rewarded 1 of each ATF fighter and possibly a Vali at the end, after a large battle or something
      lol i keep forgetting im playing with the combat mod installed XD it changes some aspects of the game (slight speed increase, slightly diff weapon loadouts,(yokohama carrying PSPs in left / right turret for xample) tons less hull damage for more intense combat, and also enables ST carrying capabilities for carriers XD(that part is undocumented)

the amount of guns isnt changed so ATF still brings more firepower than the USC

*aldrin ships dont count :P theyre jus some overpowered reward for having to deal with the pain in the arse that is aldrin and completeing the campaign IMO

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Gululu Li      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Talking

Thank you Catra for the link. As soon as i can buy the disk version of X3:TC and not the Stream version i'll definately have to look into that. Heres some rep points for that.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Eliah      £ 0.00

I'll go with the USC.

Reason - while the ATF seem to be statistically better, the designs etc. of the USC fleet seem to be utilizing more cutting-edge technologies, while the ATF ships are more of re-shapes of old husks that are in service for centuries now.. While altogether they are more powerful, they are also aged and based around an old core. There certainly is a lot of decadence in their ships.

And the ATF have not come up with their own space station designs, they re-use the patents of USC.

To sum up - ATF - oldstyle brute force military, USC - constantly advancing experimental/cutting edge technologies.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Marodeur      £ 0.00
      Oberpfälzer Wald, dritter Baum links/Upper Palatinate Forest, third tree to the left

The ATF M7M - M7 - hybrid is an awesome shipeater. In the hands of the player it is as strong as the Hyperion was in Reunion.

If ATF is "old style brute force" then i want to be oldschool.

Last edited by Marodeur; 30-06-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

cellestial      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Shouldn't that be "USC - constantly advancing experimental/cutting edge technologies" ... that are never quite as advanced and cutting edge as the ATF brutes?

Don't get me wrong, I do like the USC fleet, on the Terran start I have pretty much stuck to Terran ships. I had immensse fun in my Sabre at the begining and think the Osaka is great, but the Vidar you get on the Terran plot is just another level or maybe even two above the USC M6, it is an amazing piece of kit. If the ATF were much harder but generally slower I could agree with some of Eliah's sentiments, but the ATF are harder AND faster! They don't look bad either.

As for the Aldrin ships, agree with Catra, they don't really count. Have not tried the Spitfyre but have the Springblossom, and still prefer the Vidar, yes it is fast but it just doesn't have the brute force and ignorance that a fighting vessel needs - given the relatively high cargo space and exceptionally high speed I have a small fleet i use to ferry energy cells and matter/anti-matter warheads around to my Osaka's.

I do think the ATF ships should be more available, whether through an ATF plot that allows you access to more of the ships or to be bought once you finish the Terran plot at an appropriately high amount. With 2.0 I have found it so much easier to deck out large USC ships with the right weaponary, getting a dozen PSP's for your Osaka is now easy to do in a reasonable amount of time if you shop around the Terran stations so there shouldd be no problem fitting out the large ATF ships appropriately.