I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

cellestial      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

Default Specific Complex Question

currently on the Hub plot.

Hmmm, so I built a nice facility to make the required number of microchips early on, a big facility, it is linked to two large silicon asteroids and producing loads of crystal as an intermediate product, but now I need 750,000 crystal to fix something, am sure the gate mechanism actually works and that cheeky Boron is just skimming resources out of me to sell out back, so the question:

Is there a way of stopping a complex from producing a certain resource? Can I stop my complex producing microchips so that it stockpiles the cystals rather than using them?

Is it possible to disconect (physically) elements from a complex?

From memory I think I allready have 16 crystal fans stacked in that complex and would really like to utilise their production!

Thanks in advance,

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Galder Points for Reputation (Received)      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

You can try the self destruct option on your complex hub. This should kill all connections and release the fabs. I'm not 100% sure, so make a save before

Moderator Support King of the World's Avatar
      Credits
      is a quality planner <3

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

King of the World      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galder View Post
      You can try the self destruct option on your complex hub. This should kill all connections and release the fabs. I'm not 100% sure, so make a save before

It will kill all connections for releasing the fabs. But he said it, make a save.
      After destroying the controlling center your fabs will work alone. The cash which is on the complex will be splitted.

Administrator Roger L.S. Griffiths's Avatar
      Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Roger L.S. Griffiths Points for Blogs      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

A cheaper option (rather than loosing potentially millions destroying all those CCKs) is to disable other race trading, fully stock the complex with Microchips, and then trade the crystals yourself. At least that is the way I ran my complexes for that certain requirement.

EDIT: While fully stocked on a product stations in a complex producing that item will stop production and thus stop consuming resources.

Roger L.S. Griffiths, BSc (Hons) [Wiki/Blogs]
      Current Game: X4 Foundations

Credits
      is Downing a few brews

I am:
      Awesome

Total Contributions For

Snowship      £ 0.00

For the Crystal part of the HUB I had a main complex with 50 crystal fabs supplying the HUB via the "Buy Ware" trade command, a mercury would take less the the complex couple produce and a mercury hauler more than it could produce, so I'd use a hauler for 30 odd runs then when the complex was out of crystals change to the mercury and 50 more runs until the complex level was full again, then swap....
      Also took crystals from my weapons & missile complexes, alternating between them until I'd taken all their stock.
      To me this part of the plot took the longest, by the time I'd gotten to the microchips I had enough TL's full to do it (microchips) in one go.

I think patience is the order with this plot

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Snowship View Post

I think patience is the order with this plot
      Indeed, it's a requirement, as much as any other!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

cellestial      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I have lots of patience ... just also lots of impatience to balance it out ;-)

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this. A bit more background and my findings so far are below.

I moved the 450k ore required earlier manually, setting up a number of key ore mines with a small fleet of Mistrals with jump-drives that I used to take energy in one direction and ore in the other, just manually managed the jumps between missions or rather than using the SETA to kill time. Am sure it actually worked out quicker as a result.

If I had known then that I could tow a silicon mine next to an ore mine and set up a completely self sufficient complex I would have and that would have similarly saved even more time.

The problem I had in this instance is that I pretty much utilised all the nice big (and location wise safe) silicon asteroids making microchips for the earlier part - got a little carried away and made a few such complexes since they are nice money spinners, not realising (because I don't like looking at the spoilers :-) that I would need crystals next.

I cannot find a self destruct option on the hub, not sure what I am doing wrong there. I was however able to blow it up which succesfully disconected everything from everything else. CCK's are relatively cheap so no problem just to reconnect as I wanted, and now that I have managed to suss the tractor beam have tidied up the structure of a couple of the complexes too to make the hauler docking process more efficient. Also towed a couple of huge Silicon mines in close proximity so that I have a monster of a crystal complex, now setting up additional factory units adjacent to connect back up and start commercial production of goods once I have met the crystal quota.

In parallel also tried Roger's option on other complexes and that is working fine as well - there was an initial time lag in getting the complex up to full quota once they are at maximum if the only resource I am taking from the complex is crystals the only resource being topped up is crystals (and associated intermediate resource) so these are not "wasted" making other things.

Both work well, very well, I have used both mainly because there was one complexe in particular I wanted to tidy up so destroying the hub was one way of doing that.

An option to stop production or prioritise production of specific resources would make a huge amount of sense - lets face it giving those sorts of orders would in reality be easy - but the complexities of getting the economies to work properly must be hugely demanding, something I note has been hugely improved in 2.0 particularly in Terran and Aldrin space, and the player does get too mucch of an advantage through complexes that the races and other companies are unable to utilise (again I expect because of the complexity of getting this to work).

Thanks again to all who helped,

TXU Full Member Carlo the Curious's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Carlo the Curious      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by cellestial View Post
      I cannot find a self destruct option on the hub, not sure what I am doing wrong there.
      It's in the station's Command Console, but you have to be docked at the station/complex in question.