This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

Default RRF race relations

now using the RRF mod, as its really required with improved races, so my carrier accidentally turns a station hostile (doesnt destroy it)and i go down a rank, using the RRF fix relations i make it friendly again. now my tokyo accidentally turns it hostile again..but this time..the -entire- boron race is hostile towards me even though im second highest rank, but theyre not shooting up me, my freighters or my stations in their sectors.

lol im totally missing some info here

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Scorch      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Have you checked the IFF settings of the ship you are currently piloting?

I'd bet somehow its set boron to enemy.

Oh and I'd check your Tokyo's IFF aswell as that may be the reason he keeps attacking it.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

cellestial      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I am not using the RRF mod and am not familiar with it, playing TC Vanilla, so not sure if anything I am about to say is not relevant to you.

I have had similar with Osakas before, and that was with the Boron too. I found that typically the Odaka were hitting something Boron when trying to hit a known threat, a pirate M2 turns up out in the open, lets open up with the PSP's, a pirate M5 turns up in the middle of a Boron trade convention, lets open up with the PSP's. I think the Osaka got the M5 eventually, along with everything else in a 6km radius! In that scenario it's like watching Mike Tyson trying to punch a fly in a china shop.

Now I am more careful where I put my Osakas, I rarely park them up in sectors with established trade routes, unless that sector jhas one gate that is not used very often, I never use them for patrolling, wrong tool.

With the repeat problem a couple of things to check, firstly as Scorch said check your settings and your ships, but also check if you lost your Boron police license the first time around, that could explain why they have all gone red at once. If I am parking an Osaka or other big ship up I set the turrets to protect ship otherwise it will go running after any red dot that wanders past it running the risk of collateral damage.

Hope that helps, if it's help getting them all back blue just shout.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
      Have you checked the IFF settings of the ship you are currently piloting?

I'd bet somehow its set boron to enemy.

Oh and I'd check your Tokyo's IFF aswell as that may be the reason he keeps attacking it.
      no that isnt it, the turrets kept missing their targets and hit the station instead i did set back to friendly before fixing the relation and resetting the turrets to none then attack enemies, which upon second turning to hostility everything boron turned hostile to me.
      im also flying the tokyo, as the AI is pretty shy about getting mixed in with all those fighters buzzing around.

@ cellestial

losing a police license doesnt turn the -entire- race against you, you just lose the bounty of killing hostile ships.

the way i have my osakas(and..anything with a mountable PSP turret) is that the PSPs are on attack my target, while the shockwaves are set to attack enemies, it works fairly good.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

cellestial      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catra View Post
      @ cellestial

losing a police license doesnt turn the -entire- race against you, you just lose the bounty of killing hostile ships.
      I am not suggesting that loosing your police license turns the entire race against you. I am not sure that all the license does is give you the bounty for killing hostile ships.

When you have the Police License you are supposedly treated as a member of the police of that race, my observation (cannot verify) is that you have more leway particularly if you inadvertantly hit something by accident, but that when you loose your police license a vessel is quicker to turn red if you inadvertantly hit it and surrounding (and indeed all) stations are more likely to turn red if you blow up one of their ships. Just what I have observed and since reacting to this I have not had the same problem.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellestial View Post
      I am not suggesting that loosing your police license turns the entire race against you. I am not sure that all the license does is give you the bounty for killing hostile ships.

When you have the Police License you are supposedly treated as a member of the police of that race, my observation (cannot verify) is that you have more leway particularly if you inadvertantly hit something by accident, but that when you loose your police license a vessel is quicker to turn red if you inadvertantly hit it and surrounding (and indeed all) stations are more likely to turn red if you blow up one of their ships. Just what I have observed and since reacting to this I have not had the same problem.
      ahhh, well the "leeway" youve been observing is the benefit of the license, first youll lose it, THEN military / civilian ships will turn hostile to you, they cant turn hostile if you still possess it, so you can take a few good potshots off before anybody reacts to you.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

cellestial      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

so you can take a few good potshots off before anybody reacts to you.
      Am so trying to resist the temptation to suggest that this is no different to the police of today, trying really really hard.

There are some parts of the race relation thing that are so logical and appear to follow quite logical steps, there are others that don't appear to make much sense at all.

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

no that isnt it, the turrets kept missing their targets and hit the station instead i did set back to friendly before fixing the relation and resetting the turrets to none then attack enemies, which upon second turning to hostility everything boron turned hostile to me.
      im also flying the tokyo, as the AI is pretty shy about getting mixed in with all those fighters buzzing around.

@ cellestial

the way i have my osakas(and..anything with a mountable PSP turret) is that the PSPs are on attack my target, while the shockwaves are set to attack enemies, it works fairly good.
      it sounds like RRF may have reset your Boron relations, but no one's told the Borons! is it possible that the rank is showing (as high), but in reality it is something else (low enough to be a Boron adversary)?

I don't know how that works, perhaps someone who has good knowledge of scripting can say whether that is possible?

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Catra      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
      it sounds like RRF may have reset your Boron relations, but no one's told the Borons! is it possible that the rank is showing (as high), but in reality it is something else (low enough to be a Boron adversary)?

I don't know how that works, perhaps someone who has good knowledge of scripting can say whether that is possible?
      doesnt look like thats it....i used cycrows cheat package add relations feature, didnt turn them back to friendly...although the odd thing is..i can -still- dock to their stations and interact with them as if they were friendly..its just that anything with a kill hostiles command will fire on them

me thinks the way RRF handles relations is messing it all up, gonna dock at a donation centre(in the RRF manual thats how diplomacy and stuff is handled between races)and see wut i can do there

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

after having a think, I am of the opinion that you went to a very low rep, then went up again, if so, the red ships and factories won't necessarily turn blue. You may have to apologise to the ships and hack the factories, it's the same in the bankrupt assassin start, many ships and factories stay red, even though your rep has improved... and even then, there are some ships that will stay red no matter what!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.