Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

truckie024      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default not impressed with the X3:TC x-tended version

why couldnt they just do like they did with X3 reunion instead of destroying the game altogeather. i uninstalled it because of this fact, they could have added all this to the main game so others could do them on the side lines and when the game play was finished... i couldnt even start the standard X3:tc game,to me it was thrown togeather in ways... x-tended in reunion was perfect....wats this in x3 terrin conflict.
      sorry i like wat u do to the games but as said... im disappointed with the TC version.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Eliah      £ 0.00

Basically, we were sick and tired of playing the game in the same universe for the fifth game in the row - thus the decision was made to move to a new universe that still fits in with the lore (well... Mostly. Helge's new decisions shown in the superbox were a nasty surprise to us). Obviously losing the old universe (which was necessary, otherwise the game would need just plain too many ships and scripts running) means that the old plots are broken. That's why we recommend people to play through TC first, to know what it is like, to play through the plots, and to realize that there's nothing new in the vanilla game.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

truckie024      £ 0.00

then why cant they make the option to play either that way or have it intergrated with the origional game, enabling you to explore and find new sectors, this way you can expand the game,choice of 2 d/l files to choose the version you want, also make it online so that it gives it that extra element

Elder Administrator Aragon Speed's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Aragon Speed Points for Reputation (Given)      £ 0.00
      Dazed and sore at the bottom of the ugly tree. YES I FELL!
      Blog Entries

The original game would not cope with what we have done. It was already having issues with so much going on, so adding even more sectors with stations and ships spawned to supply them, more ships for sector defence purposes, more scripts running for the additional functionality we have added, etc, etc, was just not feasible. So we created a new universe.

We are not paid to do this, we do not work for a software company. We still have to work for a living, spend time with our families, have some time to ourselves etc the same as everyone else. We work on the mod in our spare time, and creating two versions of a major mod is not something we have the time to do.

The X engine is not designed to work online. Without reprogramming the main exe the game cannot be made to do this, and as doing that is against the EULA, it's not going to happen. Plus not everyone wants to play every single game online. This is one of the few left where we do not have to put up with others trying to interfere with how we want to play.

Last edited by Aragon Speed; 10-07-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

shocquer      £ 0.00

So actually you're not satisfied with the approach of this mod. Considering the facts stated above you could actually be impressed ;-). You still have the options to play X3TC or XTC. There are plenty fans of X-Universe that are really happy with this mod. Even though there are some bugs in one or other release. Maybe you're confused with those version numbers - XTM is not even version 1.0 and XTC is already 1.2. XTM is quite finished, XTC not. They have obviously few more ideas to add to (y)our XTC experience. Just give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliah View Post
      Helge's new decisions shown in the superbox were a nasty surprise to us).
      Did I missed something? Actually I won't buy reunion three times :-D.

Master of Awesome LUMBERJACKING (NC's Victim #2.. >:D) Neurotoxin's Avatar
      Credits
      is hurrrrrrrr

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Neurotoxin      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by truckie024 View Post
      i couldnt even start the standard X3:tc game
      Just clone Vanilla X3's C:\ folder and rename it X-tended, install XTC to it, and voila... you can play Vanilla Terran Conflict and XTC at will.

To be fair, I didn't like XTC at first either. In fact, it bugged me so much I removed it after a weekend and went back to romping around Vanilla until I realized how dull regular X3 actually is. When you get into it, and I mean days or weeks into it, XTC is probably the coolest thing X-related I've ever encountered, bar none. It's so much more interactive and user-friendly, and personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon Speed View Post
      Plus not everyone wants to play every single game online. This is one of the few left where we do not have to put up with others trying to interfere with how we want to play.
      I digress, but I'd actually love to see X online. Granted, it's way too small and the lag factor would be enormous (tis why Eve only allows the player to fly one ship at a time, now imagine every player in X has an armada at their disposal). The only real problem I have with online games is they lose their unique atmosphere, and I hate how a lot of people treat online games, but sometimes the X Universe feels so lonely I wish that some of the guys here on TXU could be in there as well and we could have a party just the few of us.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
      sometimes the X Universe feels so lonely I wish that some of the guys here on TXU could be in there as well and we could have a party just the few of us

...after last time events, when Kevso almost broke off the docking clamps of Teladi Party Station 104, and a long and harsh discusssssssion followed with the Ssssstation manager, we decided to have parties only in real life, in a place reachable by public transport, and when it's over we can just share a cab...

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Master of Awesome LUMBERJACKING (NC's Victim #2.. >:D) Neurotoxin's Avatar
      Credits
      is hurrrrrrrr

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Neurotoxin      £ 0.00

Sounds like a plan!

Elder Administrator Aragon Speed's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Aragon Speed Points for Reputation (Given)      £ 0.00
      Dazed and sore at the bottom of the ugly tree. YES I FELL!
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stemardue View Post
      ...after last time events, when Kevso almost broke off the docking clamps of Teladi Party Station 104, and a long and harsh discusssssssion followed with the Ssssstation manager
      We won't even mention the incident with the Boron waitress....

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Joelnh      £ 0.00

Online versions of games can ruin the overall experience.... like with KOTOR 3 being a online game, no thanks....I am done with that series.
      There are hundreds of online games now, too many.... and many started as P2P and are now Free with in-game stores or are dying.

but if it was online in the way Neverwinter Nights did it then it might work, with user created 'worlds' where up to 32 people could be adventuring in the same area.